Well done Yaya - PFA player of the year nomination.

If suarez does win PFA player of the year , how the hell do you explain to your football mad 8 year old grandson , that diving , biting , racism and cheating is just not acceptable ?

Mattyc55 said:
Yaya Touré—"Eto'o…Drogba…Those players are more than legends for me. They're not recognised enough. You can say that it's about skin colour"

Controversial. Love Yaya though so fuck it!

I love Yaya as well. He's my favourite player and I'd love to see him win it but unfortunately he probably won't.
I think he's got a point about Drogba, Eto`o & himself but I think it's less about skin colour than who they play for internationally.
Eusebio was black and born in Africa yet was widely regarded as Europe's best player when he played for Portugal.
Guillet was very highly regarded and won the Euros with Holland. I seem to remember Brazil once had a guy called Pele who got a
fair bit of attention. The sad fact is that unless you play for a "big" European or South American country in the international
tournaments you tend to be ignored. There remains a certain snobbish attitude within the two traditional confederations
that their players are the best. It is without doubt a form of racism but maybe more subtle than most.

gmckennasell said:
If suarez does win PFA player of the year , how the hell do you explain to your football mad 8 year old grandson , that diving , biting , racism and cheating is just not acceptable ?

Explain that that's football. Not like real life footballers put glasses in other peoples faces, beat up their so called loved ones, racially abuse people, take back handlers, don't pay their taxes but usually not only get away with it but are worshipped by the press, media and fans alike. Ugly Betty is sub human - vile on every level but you never see his biting, or record of racial abuse discussed in the media - the press don't like the facts to get in the way of a good story.

badmash said:
Hamann replying to Lineker who was praising Yaya

Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann 3h
@GaryLineker Have you had a look who he scored his goals against this year? Against the top 6 he scored 2 goals,both pens.

Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker 3h
@DietmarHamann He's a midfield player, not a striker.

@GaryLineker he hardly defends and people get carried away with his goals tally.Citys style suits him but doesnt get best out the team.

Yes Didi I get carried away with goals
goon

Hamann is a clown - how he gets TV work is a mystery - oh no maybe not he played for you know who!. If you ever see him out he's like Hansen a complete drunk.

nmc said:
badmash said:

@GaryLineker Have you had a look who he scored his goals against this year? Against the top 6 he scored 2 goals,both pens.

@GaryLineker he hardly defends and people get carried away with his goals tally.Citys style suits him but doesnt get best out the team.

goon

Hamann is a clown - how he gets TV work is a mystery - oh no maybe not he played for you know who!. If you ever see him out he's like Hansen a complete drunk.

I am still annoyed by their assessment of Suarez's diving last week. I never thought that Hamann was good enough to be a pundit but until then I thought that he was fair. As for Hanson he is long past his sell-by date.

badmash said:

goon

Suarez hasn't got that many against the top half. Majority of his goals have come against the bottom 5.

Hasn't scored a single goal against City (2 games), Arsenal (3 games), Chelsea (1 game)

His record over the years isn't great against the top 4 either. Something like 7 goals in 28 games

Does Didi go on about it?

LFC-Fans said:
Marvin said:
LFC-Fans said:
I think Silva should have been on the shortlist.

Debateable though.

Between Suarez and Yaya for me
In terms of impact on the season has to be Suarez, but no football fan would want Suarez to win it

Should be Silva.

He has done well, but over Yaya? I'm not so sure
Honestly, when you watch him live week-in-week out you realise that he's head and shoulders our best player. For me there are only three better footballers in the world than Silva (Messi, CRonaldo and Iniesta).

Yaya can be brilliant, his ball retention is unrivalled and scores spectacular goals; Silva is brilliant every second of every game. Everything he does is spot on and he has a great on pitch personality - no diving, no feigning injury, even though he's the most kicked player in the league, no petulance, tougher lad than you realise, always positive in his play, unselfish, gracefully glides around the pitch, his vision for a pass that creates a chance is the best in the world, a joy to watch, someone kids should look up to and play like...and off the pitch he's a grounded, quiet, unassuming character. I can't say all of that for any other player in England because no matter how good anyone else is, you can cross off at least four things from that list about them.

The only thing is, he doesn't score a lot of goals. But he's said himself that he gets as much joy in getting an assist as he does scoring a goal.

Honestly, it's criminal how lowly David Silva is rated. There are many people who have watched many City teams. Some have seen Kun, Yaya, Tévez, Benarbia, Watson, Bell, Summerbee, Ewing, Trautmann and more and many of these people are saying that David Silva is the best player ever to put on a City shirt.

Belfast_city said:
No David silva in the mix,unbelievable Jeff!!!!

No it's not ,been shite all year apart from the last few games when we have played 1 up top , and tbf he as been class

gmckennasell said:
i seriously have no idea

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.