Well going off what we have seen (Sensible posters only)

chazmcfc said:
Yup I would love to see any of the following brought in depending on whom MH sees fit...

Maicon
Ribery
Yaya Toure
Silva
Villa

One of the last two. Either. Not bothered which. But it has to be some creative person who can bring the whole of the parts together whilst they are at the mercy of the fool in black.

Noone. Hugues has already enough work to build a team with all the newcomers. Adding more wont help.

That is not a player issue. You dont need top four material (for what it means) to create chances against Birmingham.
Wasnt done by City on this Sunday.
Hugues should be given time to see how the squad relationship is developping to define the proper profile to strengthen the team.

chazmcfc said:
Who do you think we could do with adding to the squad in January ?

Cant believe the amount of slagging going on here a point away at any ground in the premier league isn't a bad result, If we can draw all our away games and win all our home games we WILL get top 6 this season, next season is when we should be looking at winning EVERY game when all the players are settled

Hard to say who to buy in January at this stage IMO though.
if we did manage to do this over the season then we would achieve 76 points
in the last four seasons that would have given us fourth

The players we've signed are going to be good enough to compete for fourth but never good enough for winning the league without further strengthening. For that we will need two or three world class performers in the team of which we currently have none. We're in a good position to compete for 4th so no harm done but Tevez was awful today and RSC lacked any real service. Tevez seemed to be trying to hit some pidgeons in the stand today or something.

Someone like Maicon would be brilliant. I reckon we might get our Ya Ya off Barca as well :) He would cost us loads of money, or Robinho, but he'd still be great (though Ivory Coast is a good side and both him and kolo would be away for possibly quite awhile during the cup of nations).

We're not getting a creative guy from Barca, so we have to look elsewhere for that. We're defo looking at someone from Barca or Osasuna though, I don't think MH would go to Spain to check someone out without there being very concrete interest. I think there's more to it than the Osasuna full back, but you never know. Would be a cool addition anyway.

Neil McNab said:
The players we've signed are going to be good enough to compete for fourth but never good enough for winning the league without further strengthening. For that we will need two or three world class performers in the team of which we currently have none. We're in a good position to compete for 4th so no harm done but Tevez was awful today and RSC lacked any real service. Tevez seemed to be trying to hit some pidgeons in the stand today or something.

His shooting was off but I still think he was one of our best players today. Just a bad game all around.

Yaya, Maicon and Ribery........the Mail today says that Robbie will be sold in the summer......

i think Yaya will come with his brothers influence

Maicon I am not so sure

Ribery may look to buy out his contract for £3.5 mill and free himself to go to Real in the summer

However Bayern may look to cash in , in January..

It would be good if we went with

Given

Maicon - Kolo - Jole - Bridge
RIbery - Vince - Yaya - Barry
Ade - Tevez

supercity36 said:
just maicon and benayoun for me. richards out, im expecting robinho to leave as well as benjani and garrido. also i have an incling swp might go if his form dosent pick up

..............................................given..............................................
maicon......................toure......................lescott......................bridge
...........................................de jong..............................................
........benayoun........................................................bellamy............
..........................................ireland................................................
.........................adebayor..................tevez....................................

bench: taylor,zab,sylvinho,onouha,kompany,jonno,RSC/weiss

are you posting from some kind of matrix where Gareth Barry doesn't exist?

Don't buy anyone. You can never get decent buys in January, and what's the point in adding more people to the squad and unsettling other players. Let the current squad settle in and get used to each other, and what a statement it would be to everyone else.

'Big spenders' Manchester City say at at 00:01am on the 1st January that they have finished their transfer business for this window. What a boost in confidence it would give the current players and what a message of confidence it would send to the other teams!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.