Well going off what we have seen (Sensible posters only)

fbloke said:
Its not the players as much as the manager.

Rather than chase the dream at a cosy of £105m or £125m or whatever get a better manager.

And unfortunately I dont know who.

ffs i thought the hughes out tossers had just made peace with him and accepted he deserved this season to prove himself... i was sadly wrong

supercity36 said:
fbloke said:
Its not the players as much as the manager.

Rather than chase the dream at a cosy of £105m or £125m or whatever get a better manager.

And unfortunately I dont know who.

ffs i thought the hughes out tossers had just made peace with him and accepted he deserved this season to prove himself... i was sadly wrong

It seems that people are quite happy to continue to spend al of the Sheikhs cash though.

If you're car needs new tyres every 2000 miles do you just buy better tyres hoping they last longer or do you sort out the tracking?

BobKowalski said:
So we spend say another £100m in January then what?

We buy Bridge for £11m one January and then buy another LB for what £20m this January and then maybe another for £30m in the summer?

We buy RSC for £17m and then discover because he isn't fit enough we have to buy another for god knows how much when maybe we should have just kept Boj who also was never fit but hey you never know third season lucky and all that.

What I'm saying is that no matter how much money we have the buying has got to stop sometime and the team building has to start...

...so can we start team building now please?

Your pretty much spot on,
We had a team out there, and I will use the word 'team' very loosely where a majority of the players havnt been with us for 18 months and that is alot of learning to do,
1 good player should adapt fairly easily, but were looking at half a team trying to fit into a team,
All we need is minutes on the pitch together.

I wouldn't be too surprised if we didn't buy anyone in January. It's unlikely anyone top class will be available and we're not gonna go replacing any one who we've just bought.

For me the key is working out the best way to use the players we've got now. Hopefully this spell of draws right now is our bad patch...

It depends on how quickly we want to build and it depends on how much time Hughes has.

If he is seen as the man (and i've seen nothing to suggest otherwise) then i'd probably not do much until the summer. Give this squad time to gel. It's basically a new team and we're in 4th with a game in hand so it's not all doom and gloom. The Premier League is fast becoming the most competitve league in the world and there are a lot of sides who are very difficult to get results against. So in that respect, a win over Bunrley will see us taking 2 points per game which should be enough for the Champions League - which is very good.

Looking at it from a non-fan point of view (which is difficult) i'd still say we are a few players short of Chelsea and possibly the Scum (although they are open to debate).

I like Zabba and i like Micah, and if you combined their game you'd probably have one of the better right backs in the world. However, on their own they both have their own shortgivings that may possibly hold us back. Micah doesn't have a footballing brain and isn't a threat going forwards. Zabba is technically good, and he's ok defensively and ok going forward. He's solid in that respect but i don't think he's brilliant in any area (literally actually).

With that in mind, i'd go all out for Maicon. He had a little problem with his contract last season and it would have been the perfect time to steal in. He'd cost a fair bit and he's 28/29, but he is the best right back in the world (imo). He's brilliant going forward. That aspect of his game has the oppositions left winger, basically playing as a left back.

Moving on and again from a non-fan point of view, i still feel we are short of something in midfield. Somebody who can put their foot on the ball and dictate the tempo or control the game. Barry for me, hasn't done that yet. He's played well, but he hasn't really bossed any midfield battle. Ireland is the same. I love him to bits, and he's shown glimpses of doing this (schalke away), but he's not ready to do this week in week out yet. De Jong is great at what he does but he offers little going forwards.

With that in mind i'd look at Yaya Toure. He has the defensive dominance of De Jong along with the technical skills of Barry/Ireland. He also has the same physical dominance of a prime Vieira. He looks available, he's not playing for Barca (keita is in top form) and his brother plays here. I think it will happen.

I can't help thinking Jeremy Toulalan would be perfect for us aswell. Different sort of player to Toure obviously, but he's very good. He lies quite deep but he has brilliant technical skills. Almost like Pirlo but younger and quicker.

Of course form a fans point of view i have faith in what we've got and Johno is back soon (to full fitness) so it's maybe worth sticking with what we have, unless of course either of those 3 become available.

we need a right back and a world class creative wide man who can a deliver a decent cross i'd also like to see the brazilian kid playing in portugal for benfica? a center midfielder who can pass the ball <forward!!!>

BobKowalski said:
So we spend say another £100m in January then what?

We buy Bridge for £11m one January and then buy another LB for what £20m this January and then maybe another for £30m in the summer?

We buy RSC for £17m and then discover because he isn't fit enough we have to buy another for god knows how much when maybe we should have just kept Boj who also was never fit but hey you never know third season lucky and all that.

What I'm saying is that no matter how much money we have the buying has got to stop sometime and the team building has to start...

...so can we start team building now please?

This ^^^^

Hughes doesn't know what his best eleven is now. The last thing we need is to add another four players to the squad.

I seen this kid playing against n/ireland the other week looked shit hot wiess i think he was called we should sighn him

Here's two names I don't think have featured so far:

1. Torres

2. Hangeland

Torres needs no introduction, and the chances of Liverpool selling him even for 70-80m are slim, but if it looks as though they are unlikely to make the top 4, might Liverpool's owners not be tempted to take the cash? Without revenue from the CL they are going to need it.

Hangeland has been really good for Fulham for the last 18 months or so. Set pieces have been exposed as our achilles heel this season and he would help sort that out. He was very solid against us and managed to commit 5 fouls in the penalty area without actually giving away a penalty. It would probably take what it cost to get Joleon Lescott from Everton, but Hangeland definitely seems worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.