We'll miss you sweep....(Merged)

Re: We'll miss you sweep....

liamctid said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
liamctid said:
Sorry, but these are cult heroes, not legends.

Dickov fucking loved scoring against City for Leicester. Which is more of an insult than Tevez not wearing a scarf on the way upto lifting a trophy.

All in my opinion of course.

So hang on, you seriously think a competitive professional like Dickov scoring against us while playing for another club after we had discarded him is more of an insult to our club than our own Captain discarding our own club's scarves on his way to pick up our first trophy in 35 years?

Seriously?

How do you know that Dzeko didn't put scarves down as well? All the TV cameras showed was him dancing round with a big Bosnian flag?

Generally, I think what it is on the pitch:

Dickov scored 1 goal in 5 games.

Tevez scored over 50 goals in under 2 seasons.

I liked Dickov in his first time around, but he should be more remembered for that goal more than his City career. Tevez, on the other hand, should be remembered for being the catalyst for the majority of positive things on the pitch in the best seasons City have had for over a quarter of the clubs existence.

I prefer Joey Barton to Trevor Sinclair as well. Shall we get into that?

To me that's like saying you prefer Pol Pot to Hitler. Both a complete waste of money and emotional energy (Barton and Sinclair not Pol Pot and Hitler!). I've been chastised on here for daring to criticise Sinclair 'because he's a blue'. So I disagree with you, but only in the sense that Barton is marginally worse than Sinclair.

As for Dickov we wouldn't be enjoying the largesse that we currently do without him. I believe that goal saved Manchester City as we know it. On that basis I believe he's earned my considered view that he's a legend.

Aguero is my king said:
MCFCBen said:
In modern day football, how many players are going to be able to be added to the list?

It's all about success and money now.

If we become successful over a sustained period, then we will get players wanting to stay for their entire careers and potentially gain "legend" status.

We are in transition to that at the moment and as such, no-one can gain that yet. Kompany has begun well though!

Micah Richards I think is a certain.

Could well be now that he has signed an extention to his contract.

He has to keep his mouth shut though if things aren't going his way. I remember Skpysports interviews last winter that weren't great. He needs to look at Kompany and Pab Zab as two great examples of ambassadors. If he takes heed, he will become a legend!

Just to point out on the Dzeko front:
1. No-one's arguing Dzeko is a legend.
2. Simply not wearing a scarf doesn't bar you. Even discarding one probably doesn't kill it entirely.
3. You've got no evidence of him discarding one, unlike Tevez where that evidence exists not once, but twice.
4. He wasn't our captain.
5. He wore a scarf throughout. It's clearly visible even with the Bosnian flag draped over him.

So Dzeko's fine on that one.

Skashion said:
2. Simply not wearing a scarf doesn't bar you. Even discarding one probably doesn't kill it entirely.
3. You've got no evidence of him discarding one, unlike Tevez where that evidence exists not once, but twice.
5. He wore a scarf throughout. It's clearly visible even with the Bosnian flag draped over him.

What would happen if he kept his scoring record up and scored 60 goals this season, but threw a scarf away? What would happen then?

Tevez on the field is a player who needs to be a big fish in a little pond and if you build a side around him, he will score a lot of goals as proven.

time will tell as to what he thinks of being the 3rd best forward at the club.

Skashion said:

I am, he is not a legend.

talkativesprout said:
Skashion said:

I am, he is not a legend.

1. EVERYONE STFU
2. Thank you and good luck Shauny....you were a beacon in dark times many many times over. love you mate and always will

MCFCBen said:
What would happen if he kept his scoring record up and scored 60 goals this season, but threw a scarf away? What would happen then?

Tevez on the field is a player who needs to be a big fish in a little pond and if you build a side around him, he will score a lot of goals as proven.

time will tell as to what he thinks of being the 3rd best forward at the club.
Please read point #2. But no, being an excellent player is nowhere near enough. Anelka's not a legend, not even a cult hero. It's got to be long service, a special rapport with the fans beyond the ordinary, then some kind of magical event or character trait that everyone associates with them, as a minimum as well.

Let him be the big fish in Brazil then.

All the best to Shauny boy, he has great heart both on and off the field. I will support him in everything he does. As should everyone else. Oh wait...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.