We'll miss you sweep....(Merged)

Re: We'll miss you sweep....

gordondaviesmoustache said:
liamctid said:
So hang on, you seriously think a competitive professional like Dickov scoring against us while playing for another club after we had discarded him is more of an insult to our club than our own Captain discarding our own club's scarves on his way to pick up our first trophy in 35 years?

Seriously?

How do you know that Dzeko didn't put scarves down as well? All the TV cameras showed was him dancing round with a big Bosnian flag?

Generally, I think what it is on the pitch:

Dickov scored 1 goal in 5 games.

Tevez scored over 50 goals in under 2 seasons.

I liked Dickov in his first time around, but he should be more remembered for that goal more than his City career. Tevez, on the other hand, should be remembered for being the catalyst for the majority of positive things on the pitch in the best seasons City have had for over a quarter of the clubs existence.

I prefer Joey Barton to Trevor Sinclair as well. Shall we get into that?

To me that's like saying you prefer Pol Pot to Hitler. Both a complete waste of money and emotional energy (Barton and Sinclair not Pol Pot and Hitler!). I've been chastised on here for daring to criticise Sinclair 'because he's a blue'. So I disagree with you, but only in the sense that Barton is marginally worse than Sinclair.

As for Dickov we wouldn't be enjoying the largesse that we currently do without him. I believe that goal saved Manchester City as we know it. On that basis I believe he's earned my considered view that he's a legend.

I'm just gonna argue with you now because I'm putting stuff off at work...

True, without Dickovs goal in the play off final we wouldn't be where we are now. But there's been quite a few goals that stick out in my memory as being important over the years: Wanchope scoring against Newcastle at home at the end of the 03/04 season, the impact Mpenza had at the end of the 06/07, and if some things are to be believed Robinhos goal against Blackburn to make it 2-2 were all vital to things being the way they are now... Can of worms.

But I think in general we both agree that SWP has been a good player for City, but like Dunne, will be remembered as a long servant as opposed to a legend.

oh fuck sake this is what i've been dreading for a while now

sweeps is a city legend and an academy product. why mancini is letting him go is beyond me. come an injury to AJ or Silva hes gonna wish he didnt sell him, mark my words.

we're down to one natural winger now.

I really thought he had won himself another chance after his pre-season form but after Mancinis comments after the Irish tour it was obvious he was gone.

One of my favourite ever City players, good luck SWP.

liamctid said:
liamctid said:
How do you know that Dzeko didn't put scarves down as well? All the TV cameras showed was him dancing round with a big Bosnian flag?

Generally, I think what it is on the pitch:

Dickov scored 1 goal in 5 games.

Tevez scored over 50 goals in under 2 seasons.

I liked Dickov in his first time around, but he should be more remembered for that goal more than his City career. Tevez, on the other hand, should be remembered for being the catalyst for the majority of positive things on the pitch in the best seasons City have had for over a quarter of the clubs existence.

I prefer Joey Barton to Trevor Sinclair as well. Shall we get into that?

To me that's like saying you prefer Pol Pot to Hitler. Both a complete waste of money and emotional energy (Barton and Sinclair not Pol Pot and Hitler!). I've been chastised on here for daring to criticise Sinclair 'because he's a blue'. So I disagree with you, but only in the sense that Barton is marginally worse than Sinclair.

As for Dickov we wouldn't be enjoying the largesse that we currently do without him. I believe that goal saved Manchester City as we know it. On that basis I believe he's earned my considered view that he's a legend.

I'm just gonna argue with you now because I'm putting stuff off at work...

True, without Dickovs goal in the play off final we wouldn't be where we are now. But there's been quite a few goals that stick out in my memory as being important over the years: Wanchope scoring against Newcastle at home at the end of the 03/04 season, the impact Mpenza had at the end of the 06/07, and if some things are to be believed Robinhos goal against Blackburn to make it 2-2 were all vital to things being the way they are now... Can of worms.

But I think in general we both agree that SWP has been a good player for City, but like Dunne, will be remembered as a long servant as opposed to a legend.

Would the club have been languishing in the third tier of English football if Wanchope hadn't scored that day?
The 'impact' Mpenza had hardly qualifies as a magic moment. More a pastiche of benevolence. Hardly the stuff of legends.
As for Robinho not even sure what you're talking about. On that basis it's hardly Tueart's overhead kick is it?

Tueart is another SWP for me btw. One step down from legend.

I concur with your last sentence, however :-)

Tarra SWP

You should have never have returned as you werent the player we knew, but you have been good for us and im sure you will be remembered fondly and afforded the respect you earned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.