Well Well ....interesting read

Brucie Bonus said:
moomba: why do you think none of your chums is leaping to your defence viz hatred of hughes / see City broke (again)?

I don't really care if people agree with me or not.

gman07 said:
nor Vassell, or TBH... Ireland get praise along with Kompany and Zabaleta... but according to article they are the only ones... and yes i do understand how press works but there are so many ways of dealing with them to get the message out... and i know that the headline is done to sensationalise... if you read it there are just too many "facts" in it that makes it rather easy to see who wanted an article written on the subject... and it isnt the players that get hunged out thats for sure...
All fair points. I don't know Mr. Herbert, or anyone at the Independent for that matter but, regardless of who benefits in the public eye, it's a bit of a leap to suggest that the article was written BECAUSE Hughes wanted it to be written, which is what I think some people are hinting at on here. Let's not forget there have quite a few anti-Hughes articles too, which highlight the friction at the club and especially in the changing room - this argument isn't so one sided. I would even go so far as to suggest that maybe Hughes would rather have fuck all written about City in the press.

Wooderbeen said:
gman07 said:
nor Vassell, or TBH... Ireland get praise along with Kompany and Zabaleta... but according to article they are the only ones... and yes i do understand how press works but there are so many ways of dealing with them to get the message out... and i know that the headline is done to sensationalise... if you read it there are just too many "facts" in it that makes it rather easy to see who wanted an article written on the subject... and it isnt the players that get hunged out thats for sure...
All fair points. I don't know Mr. Herbert, or anyone at the Independent for that matter but, regardless of who benefits in the public eye, it's a bit of a leap to suggest that the article was written BECAUSE Hughes wanted it to be written, which is what I think some people are hinting at on here. Let's not forget there have quite a few anti-Hughes articles too, which highlight the friction at the club and especially in the changing room - this argument isn't so one sided. I would even go so far as to suggest that maybe Hughes would rather have fuck all written about City in the press.
i really hope so... i really really do... because the other choice is just not comprehendable... but there has to be someone inside the club that has an agenda here...

EVIL said:
Disturbance said:
Again you come out with that but don't back it up. Put up or STFU.

Hughes can criticise the players all he likes but at the moment HE is shit and is doing a shit job by anyone's measure. He should quit whining to the press and concentrate on trying to motivate his players.

Its put up right there for you to read Disturbance; if you don't get it you never will, call it instinct or something shit like that. "Hughes is shit" might be the Sheikhs' final words, i don't know, but i believe in what i say. This is an exchange of ideas and opinions.

Right up where??? Specifically now show me exactly where Elano has criticised our players as you have claimed. Because I am telling you that you are talking an absolute crock of shite so stop wriggling around and talking about instinct and post some quotes. You can't because you are a stirring ****. You're quoting rumours which mean nothing and you can't even cite a press article. Waste of space.

These articles are designed to fester the notion that all is not well at City and sell more papers as a result thats it pure and simple.

We already know that things are not well because we know we are 5-3-10 after 18 games and included in those ten loses are three against sides that were bottom of the table at the time we played them.

Like Moomba I agree that whinging to the press be it manager or player does the club no good at all either in the short term or the long term but if Hughes thinks blaming the players lack of work ethic will buy him more time with the owners ( which I don't believe he thinks for one second mind you ) or if anyone actually thinks that is one of his motives for doing so they are deluding themselves.

If it has any impact on his tenure it will assist in ensuring it is less than it would be otherwise.

Hughes knows he is under performing in this job and he knows if things don't pick up he is on his way , he is not so stupid as to think otherwise.

When a club is in strife on the pitch and at least we all acknowledge that is the case ( pretty easy conclusion ) blaming others , blaming each other etc only serves to make things worse.

We have to do what WBA did on Sunday , get off our arse , stop the blame game and win a bloody game of football this Friday end of story.

moomba said:
_Razor_ said:
Well its plainly clear that you hate hughes Moomba and thats your perogative.
I personally blame some of our highly paid players . Hughes is there to manage and some of our squad dont like is methods , which is hard fuckin work. I work hard for my money and have no complaints . If there not willing to do what the manager says then they should piss off. My opinion is give hughes a chance to get his own players in and see the season out , the signings he's made in the short time he's been here are good players .

I don't hold the players blameless at all by any means.

I do think due to articles like this that a whole lot of our squad (everyone that wasn't named in that article) has been tarred with the brush of "not liking hard work", I think a lot of us have accepted that and I think that is a great shame.

In a way these articles are starting to turn the supporters against some of the players that will be in the starting lineup on Friday.

All in an effort to make the manager look a bit less incompetent.

We agree on one thing then and that being holding some of our players to blame and in which case cant all be mark hughes's fault . The two im referring too is elano and Jo , one being talented and the other in my opinion not good enough and both who have a problem with hughes. Also i doubt an article can effect how someone else thinks and it certainly wasnt to make mark hughes look competent or incompetent. If he dosnt turn it around then he should go , but give him a chance .

If you look at the side that played on Saturday

Hart
Richards
Dunne
Ball
Ireland
SWP
Vassell

All from the KK/Pearce era

Gelson
Benjani
Caceido

Sven era

Zabaleta
Kompany

Hughes era

It's very hard to see where we've developed at all over the last 4 years, we've spent about £120 million and we're putting out £20million of that on the pitch.

Where's all our players gone?

Hughes vs. Brazil

Is everyone of the opinion that Jo and Elano (and I think Robinho, although no one want to admit it because he's so good) are putting themselves before the club and trying to undermine Hughes?

Or are you swinging more towards the idea that a manager is not very good at his job if he manages to alienate several of his players?

If he'd been more diplomatic then I don't think it would have come to this, but maybe he thinks that there has to be a confrontation to assert himself as the top dog early on, lay down the law etc.

If it was Mourinho doing this (and that's his style) I don't think anyone would be complaining.

Re: Hughes vs. Brazil

Dobsy87 said:
Is everyone of the opinion that Jo and Elano (and I think Robinho, although no one want to admit it because he's so good) are putting themselves before the club and trying to undermine Hughes?

Or are you swinging more towards the idea that a manager is not very good at his job if he manages to alienate several of his players?

If he'd been more diplomatic then I don't think it would have come to this, but maybe he thinks that there has to be a confrontation to assert himself as the top dog early on, lay down the law etc.

If it was Mourinho doing this (and that's his style) I don't think anyone would be complaining.

No it's not! Mourinho is excellent at treating players as individuals & adjusting his style to what is required by each of them. You only have to look at what his players thought of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.