Well Well ....interesting read

Re: Hughes vs. Brazil

Cheesy said:
Dobsy87 said:
Is everyone of the opinion that Jo and Elano (and I think Robinho, although no one want to admit it because he's so good) are putting themselves before the club and trying to undermine Hughes?

Or are you swinging more towards the idea that a manager is not very good at his job if he manages to alienate several of his players?

If he'd been more diplomatic then I don't think it would have come to this, but maybe he thinks that there has to be a confrontation to assert himself as the top dog early on, lay down the law etc.

If it was Mourinho doing this (and that's his style) I don't think anyone would be complaining.

No it's not! Mourinho is excellent at treating players as individuals & adjusting his style to what is required by each of them. You only have to look at what his players thought of him.

Plus Mourinho has the little matter of a 2 Portuguese Titles, 1 Portuguese Cup, 1 UEFA Cup, 1 Champion's League Trophy, 2 Premiership Titles, 1 FA Cup and 1 Carling Cup to fall back on. If your managerial methods have lead to this level of success then you can pretty much do whatever you want. Hughes hasn't won anything as a manager so who's to say his methods are ultimately successful?

Cheesy said:
Dobsy87 said:
Is everyone of the opinion that Jo and Elano (and I think Robinho, although no one want to admit it because he's so good) are putting themselves before the club and trying to undermine Hughes?

Or are you swinging more towards the idea that a manager is not very good at his job if he manages to alienate several of his players?

If he'd been more diplomatic then I don't think it would have come to this, but maybe he thinks that there has to be a confrontation to assert himself as the top dog early on, lay down the law etc.

If it was Mourinho doing this (and that's his style) I don't think anyone would be complaining.

No it's not! Mourinho is excellent at treating players as individuals & adjusting his style to what is required by each of them. You only have to look at what his players thought of him.

What I mean is Mourinho is not the sort of guy to take any shit. Saying that however I doubt Elano would have dared to challenge the special one in the media.

Matty said:
Cheesy said:
Moyes at EFC is a similar character to Hughes and he won't take any shit from players. EFC have no prima donnas but were they to have the likes of Elano and Jo on the books the same attitudinal problems would exist there.

Plus Mourinho has the little matter of a 2 Portuguese Titles, 1 Portuguese Cup, 1 UEFA Cup, 1 Champion's League Trophy, 2 Premiership Titles, 1 FA Cup and 1 Carling Cup to fall back on. If your managerial methods have lead to this level of success then you can pretty much do whatever you want. Hughes hasn't won anything as a manager so who's to say his methods are ultimately successful?

Cheesy said:
Dobsy87 said:

SWP?

If the rumours about Elano's recent behaviour are true then I Don't think he had a choice. And if the rest of his croneys want to spit there dummy out and follow suit then what choice does MH really have?

The Fat el Hombre said:
Cheesy said:

SWP?

agreed, funny what people choose to forget isn't it

Matty said:

But Hughes has proved himself to be a good manager at Blackburn (according to some).

Here's a question to throw out... would anybody consider Souness as manager?

Souness last 3 years at Blackburn - Hoof it style of football. They finished 6th, 10th & 15th. Won the League cup.

Hughes first 3 years at Blackburn - Hoof it style of football. They finished 6th, 10th & 15th. Won fcuk all.

Cheesy said:
Dobsy87 said:

In his last seson at Chelski, the Special One gave one almighty iceberg sized cold shoulder to most of the summer signings that were foisted onto him by that Pillock from Tottingham.
Dobsy is absolutely right - praise for Jose and criticism for Lesley - for doing exactly the same thing.

Hughes has to stamp out the kind of undermining that the Scrotum Wax boys are encouraging - no team will survive that.
And, if a new manager came in - who do you think would be in charge then????

All sensible fans will agree that Les must stay until May 2009 - then he can be judged.

kevstar said:
Cheesy said:

In his last seson at Chelski, the Special One gave one almighty iceberg sized cold shoulder to most of the summer signings that were foisted onto him by that Pillock from Tottingham.
Dobsy is absolutely right - praise for Jose and criticism for Lesley - for doing exactly the same thing.

Hughes has to stamp out the kind of undermining that the Scrotum Wax boys are encouraging - no team will survive that.
And, if a new manager came in - who do you think would be in charge then????

All sensible fans will agree that Les must stay until May 2009 - then he can be judged.
As already mentioned, when you've won as much as Mourinho has you can do virtually anything you like, Hughes has won fuck all.

Sven was warned about Elanos antics by his previous club and his perfomances this season have been at best average, sorry nobody is bigger than City. Get rid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.