Well Well ....interesting read

Bigga said:
Hmmm...

That 'Independant' article does have me thinking about the situation. Oddly enough, a friend of mine 2 days ago, told me about the exact same thing, on the Elano front, a la Shaktar D. But, far from me backing Hughes, I'll say there's a 'six of one, half a dozen of the other' situation here.

Saying that, fitness IS important, but when is Hughes going to impliment some TACTICS into our game, rather than relying on the players being fit enough to chase down a hoofed ball??

Is he trying instill a Scum type 'Iron Fist' rule? And is he hoping for the players' natural footballing instincts to kick in after all the fitness, so he doesn't have to apply actual tactics?

Discipline is the basis of all success mate. Judging the lads on the basis of late conceded goals i guess the manager still has some work to do. The flair, excess and periphery of fantasy is the cherry on top. You have to admire how the likes of the big 4 have managed to steady a ship of egos and maintain discipline and focus. Thats Hughes' challenge, and if gets time i think he'll do it. Those that think they are above and beyond will go. Can't argue with that.

...if only it was as simple as Elano vs The Manager (regardless who it is). Elano has been a bit part player for a season. Work harder or Byebye. But it aint about one player.

EVIL said:
"I've hated him for ages" is hardly Churchillian reasoning mate.

Do you not similarly despise the disruptive influences of our more laissez-fair professionals?

Does it is not harm your pride when we hear of the Brasilian contingent already crying to the press en-masse, clubbing it into the wee-smalls, criticising fellow players and management, ringing in sick in perfect rhythm to their retrospective fines for misdeameanours? This is cowardice. Their ostrasising is the victory. The principle remains and matters most. The club matters most.

I would rather have the complete professional that is Kompany or the team and club man that is SWP, than con-men shafting me with the kiss of Judas every five or six games. The principle and ethic of the team matters most.

The stats about how many kms Elano runs does not matter. You fit in or f..off. Thats life.

Again you come out with that but don't back it up. Put up or STFU.

Hughes can criticise the players all he likes but at the moment HE is shit and is doing a shit job by anyone's measure. He should quit whining to the press and concentrate on trying to motivate his players.

why dont you all apply for the managers job? There are some real experts on here wasting away in their bedrooms instead of being out there at Carrington :O

_Razor_ said:
Well its plainly clear that you hate hughes Moomba and thats your perogative.
I personally blame some of our highly paid players . Hughes is there to manage and some of our squad dont like is methods , which is hard fuckin work. I work hard for my money and have no complaints . If there not willing to do what the manager says then they should piss off. My opinion is give hughes a chance to get his own players in and see the season out , the signings he's made in the short time he's been here are good players .

I don't hold the players blameless at all by any means.

I do think due to articles like this that a whole lot of our squad (everyone that wasn't named in that article) has been tarred with the brush of "not liking hard work", I think a lot of us have accepted that and I think that is a great shame.

In a way these articles are starting to turn the supporters against some of the players that will be in the starting lineup on Friday.

All in an effort to make the manager look a bit less incompetent.

gman07 said:
wonderbeen have you read this one too

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/hughes-vents-anger-on-citys-boys-from-brazil-1208530.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 08530.html</a>
Interesting read. Certainly don't think Elano comes out of it well at all... or Jo for that matter. But as I've said before, and I think we're mostly in agreement here, these articles aren't good for the club and the sooner they disappear the better.

I do think it's worth remembering that a reporter will more often than not speak to the club before writing a story but will go ahead and write the story they want to anyway. As someone in the PR game, I can tell you now that there is no surer way to piss off a journalist than telling them what to write.

I suppose my point is, this hasn't come straight from Hughes' mouth and even if he and his people leaked some of the facts, then you can be sure they will have been manipulated and sensationalised by Mr. Herbert of the Independent.

moomba: why do you think none of your chums is leaping to your defence viz hatred of hughes / see City broke (again)?

Wooderbeen said:
gman07 said:
wonderbeen have you read this one too

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/hughes-vents-anger-on-citys-boys-from-brazil-1208530.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 08530.html</a>
Interesting read. Certainly don't think Elano comes out of it well at all... or Jo for that matter. But as I've said before, and I think we're mostly in agreement here, these articles aren't good for the club and the sooner they disappear the better.

I do think it's worth remembering that a reporter will more often than not speak to the club before writing a story but will go ahead and write the story they want to anyway. As someone in the PR game, I can tell you now that there is no surer way to piss off a journalist than telling them what to write.

I suppose my point is, this hasn't come straight from Hughes' mouth and even if he and his people leaked some of the facts, then you can be sure they will have been manipulated and sensationalised by Mr. Herbert of the Independent.
nor Vassell, or TBH... Ireland get praise along with Kompany and Zabaleta... but according to article they are the only ones... and yes i do understand how press works but there are so many ways of dealing with them to get the message out... and i know that the headline is done to sensationalise... if you read it there are just too many "facts" in it that makes it rather easy to see who wanted an article written on the subject... and it isnt the players that get hunged out thats for sure...

Brucie Bonus said:
moomba: why do you think none of your chums is leaping to your defence viz hatred of hughes / see City broke (again)?
because its HIS opinion... give it a rest Brucie... he is by all means allowed his opinion... and he defends it well... what is YOUR opinion... instead of playing devils advocaat...

Disturbance said:
EVIL said:
"I've hated him for ages" is hardly Churchillian reasoning mate.

Do you not similarly despise the disruptive influences of our more laissez-fair professionals?

Does it is not harm your pride when we hear of the Brasilian contingent already crying to the press en-masse, clubbing it into the wee-smalls, criticising fellow players and management, ringing in sick in perfect rhythm to their retrospective fines for misdeameanours? This is cowardice. Their ostrasising is the victory. The principle remains and matters most. The club matters most.

I would rather have the complete professional that is Kompany or the team and club man that is SWP, than con-men shafting me with the kiss of Judas every five or six games. The principle and ethic of the team matters most.

The stats about how many kms Elano runs does not matter. You fit in or f..off. Thats life.

Again you come out with that but don't back it up. Put up or STFU.

Hughes can criticise the players all he likes but at the moment HE is shit and is doing a shit job by anyone's measure. He should quit whining to the press and concentrate on trying to motivate his players.

Its put up right there for you to read Disturbance; if you don't get it you never will, call it instinct or something shit like that. "Hughes is shit" might be the Sheikhs' final words, i don't know, but i believe in what i say. This is an exchange of ideas and opinions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.