Well Well ....interesting read

Re: Elano causing trouble???

moomba said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Can somone please name 3 Brazillian players who have been undoubted successes in the Premier league....

Their is a reason why the top Brazillian players don't come to England-they know they'll get found out over the course of a season.

There hasn't actually been that many Brazilians come over, the best have tended to go to Italy and Spain. England is a better option now for them.

Gilberto and Edu were good value for Arsenal, Anderson and Rafael look good prospects across the road. Robinho I would say has been an undoubted success so far.

You can add Juninho to that list.

Nobody disputes Elano's ability Moomba, but the disciplinary problems determine his fate unfortunately. It won't be tolerated, and i guess there's more to this than we know about.

As far as i i'm aware, Elano was fined for press comments? I don't recall the manager being quoted in explicit reference to Elano?

By the sounds of things, relations haven't improved, and so the player leaves. I think there are plenty of players available in the Summer as good as or better than Elano, and i won't lose sleep over him. Or a Robinho/Jo exit also in the summer.

EVIL said:
Nobody disputes Elano's ability Moomba, but the disciplinary problems determine his fate unfortunately. It won't be tolerated, and i guess there's more to this than we know about.

As far as i i'm aware, Elano was fined for press comments? I don't recall the manager being quoted in explicit reference to Elano?

By the sounds of things, relations haven't improved, and so the player leaves. I think there are plenty of players available in the Summer as good as or better than Elano, and i won't lose sleep over him. Or a Robinho/Jo exit also in the summer.

You won't be bothered if Robbie leaves?

EVIL said:

Thats all fair enough, if he has to go he has to go. I think it will be a great shame if he does, as I think he has a lot to offer. But we should stop kidding ourselves that he won't be a loss given the squad we have.

Excellent, we'll just have the players leaking stuff to the press. Can't wait for that.

I hope we don't come to a situation later in the season where we need a playmaker. Ireland isn't going to play every game for us, and we rely on our midfield at the moment to get results.

Not really, i don't dispute the fact that he's a great talent, i just think the timings not right for him and the club at the moment, and i can't see a huge influx of top drawer players overnight to compliment him. For me he's the icing on the completed cake...City at the moment, are still a work in progress, and i think we need to develop a more solid squad throughout without the luxury of a Robinho. It's like we put the final piece of the jigsaw on the board without the other bits around it.

If you offered me a trade for Lampard and/or Drogba or Cole, i'd take that.....at this stage of the club/team's development.

i'm also not that convinced that a Brasilian core would be a great move for us, i'm also not particularly fussed about a move for Kaka.

EVIL said:

Wwhy don't we just f**k em off now bring in RSC, Belamy and I believe Savage is available on a free. We just become another Blackburn flirting between 6 and 10th position each season but never any higher.

moomba said:

I hope we don't come to a situation later in the season where we need a playmaker. Ireland isn't going to play every game for us, and we rely on our midfield at the moment to get results.

I hope he has someone fixed up mate, because by the sounds of things, Elano will be out on loan in a week or so. We would still have the problem of an additional playmaker to incorporate with a free-roaming Robinho, not easy to do, even Chelsea can only afford one player of that type with Deco on board. I would rather have more width, and start supplying ammunition for a decent goalscoring centre-forward...like Drogba or RSC.

Sometimes, what a player MAY do on the pitch is not enough to nullify what he does off it.

Just my opinion.

mackenzie said:
Sometimes, what a player MAY do on the pitch is not enough to nullify what he does off it.

Just my opinion.

The fact is Sharon, that most of the people defending Elano are ignoring what they see with their own eyes, and using fucking pro-zone stats to try and argue that we need him...i can't imagine ever needing a player who goes missing more often than a scouser on debt collection day...

(no offence to any scousers in the house btw...just trying to raise a smile in these harsh times...)

Referring to me I presume.

How exactly am I ignoring what I can see with my own eyes?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.