Welsh teams in the Prem

Distance is nothing compared to how far away Palermo and Udinese is in Italy. they are over 1000 miles apart, further than John o groats to Lands end.

rickmcfc said:
matrix said:
rickmcfc said:
It bothers me that people are happy for Swansea, Cardiff and Wrexham to okay in England, but not for Rangers and Celtic.
Glasgow is a lot further to travel to than Wales, the teams on the south coast of England would have to travel nearly 500 miles to get to a match.

So what? For teams from Manchester, Liverpool, Sunderland, Newcastle it's less distance to Glasgow, than it is to Cardiff/Swansea. Fuck teams in the south coast.

Was that a buckfast induced post?

lancs blue said:
Unknown_Genius said:
No.

I never get this argument I sometimes see when a Welsh team is challenging for a place in the Premier League (or is already in it, in the case of Swansea), that some people complain about it, and say they should play in the Welsh League. Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham have played in the English leagues for over 100 years. There were no proper Welsh Leagues back then. Did you have any problem with them being in the English lower divisions? Why is it suddenly a problem when they can be in the top flight? Its like they're saying its okay when they're in the Championship or League 2, but not okay for them to be in the top tier.

A perfect summary - Celtic and Rangers only want to move to England because they've sucked all the competitiveness from their own leagues over the past 20 years.

A men to that!

rickmcfc said:
matrix said:
rickmcfc said:
It bothers me that people are happy for Swansea, Cardiff and Wrexham to okay in England, but not for Rangers and Celtic.
Glasgow is a lot further to travel to than Wales, the teams on the south coast of England would have to travel nearly 500 miles to get to a match.

So what? For teams from Manchester, Liverpool, Sunderland, Newcastle it's less distance to Glasgow, than it is to Cardiff/Swansea. Fuck teams in the south coast.

Just googled distances between city to city as the crow flies.
Manchester to Cardiff 144 miles
Manchester to Glasgow 171 miles

They are not welcome in our football pyramid, a bitter and twisted race of people wanting to now gate crash our party, grant them independence asap

Kun Aguero said:
laserblue said:
Kun Aguero said:
There wasn't a Welsh FA when the English FA let Cardiff and Swansea join their league.

The Welsh FA was founded in 1876 and is the 3rd oldest FA in the world.

Never believe everything you read on the net.

On the assumption this isn't a Clarkie are you aware of who governs the rules of football? The FAs of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland each have one vote and FIFA has four votes. The home nation's FAs are important bodies in the world of football.

Cardiff and Swansea were in the first, I think, ten teams, though I can't remember exactly, invited into the English league. I don't see any reason for there to be any complaint.

I have noticed in the media though that when Burnley were playing the same way as Swansea, and losing, they got endless praise, but now Swansea play that way, and are capable of beating the top teams, they barely get mentioned, it is a bit odd.

Wrexham joined the Combination League (this was before the old Division Three was created) in 1890.in 1911 Cardiff joined the english leagues because there being no welsh division, there were also about 6 other welsh teams in the english divisions. They created a welsh league in 1914 and gave the teams a choice of joining it or staying within the english leagues. Most of the teams joined the welsh leagues, but Wrexham, Swansea and Cardiff Newport, Myrthr etc stayed put in England. Also Wales has been aligned with England administratively since Norman invasion of Wales in 1067 that it was easier to amalgamate welsh teams as we are linked differently and more closely to wales than any other country in the UK

As for the scotish when both english and scots leagues were form they were on an equal footing and so scotish teams gained nothing from joining the english league then, celtic and rangers only mention it now because scotish football is shite

bobmcfc said:
rickmcfc said:
matrix said:

They are more than welcome to if they start in th conference/non league and work their way up. On what planet would it be righ for them To just walk right in ?
MK Dons did it.

Nobody in England wants Rangers and Celtic but Swansea, Cardiff and Wrexham are already in. This thing with the Glasgow clubs is like knocking on the door of a party you are not invited to and trying to convince the host why you should be allowed in. English football needs to slam the door in their faces once and for all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.