Wembley: Make It A Sea Of Blue At One End

Re: Wembley: Make It A Sea Of Blue At One End (STICKY until the

kbb said:
Dilemma, I always wear blue for the derby but for this year's FA Cup run it has been
red and black all the way out of respect for Neil Young.

What do I do?

Too close to rags for this one, save it for final should we win

You beat me to it, was thinking about this all day, as much as I wore my red and black for Nelly at Leicester and in fact all the other FA Cup games, RED is their colour. WE ARE BLUES. !

Lets show the nation that the BLUE side of Manchester, the Noisy neighbours are LOUD, PROUD AND BLUE.

Nobody wear the 1969 colours, save that for the final !!

SKY BLUE FOR WEMBLEY CAMPAIGN ! sign me up +2<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:38 pm --<br /><br />You beat me to it, was thinking about this all day, as much as I wore my red and black for Nelly at Leicester and in fact all the other FA Cup games, RED is their colour. WE ARE BLUES. !

Lets show the nation that the BLUE side of Manchester, the Noisy neighbours are LOUD, PROUD AND BLUE.

Nobody wear the 1969 colours, save that for the final !!

SKY BLUE FOR WEMBLEY CAMPAIGN ! sign me up +2

Blue2112 said:
I've always been proud of City supporters spontaniety and ingenuity over the years, fancy dress, blues brothers and inflatables etc...and I just think that for the past 12 months since turning the lights out for the blue moon (which incidentally was bloody good) and holding cards up in the air etc were on a slippery slope to one day culminating in Tom Harks being played out after every goal we score.

There has been a general malaise with the atmosphere at City but no worse than any of the other grounds. We've had to cope with more than most at City with new ground syndrome, the Thaskin saga and then the takeover, add all that to 35 years of let downs and some seriously poor football whilst our closest neighbours have virtually dominated the domestic competitions for the past 20 years as well as having major European success then its no wonder our heads are all mashed up and we're a little on the quiet side.

Can't imagine our end would be nothing but a sea of blue anyway. Remember the Holte End in 81 after Paul Power's goal and to the best of my memory the 81 Cup Wembley final our end was full of banners, flags and sky blue. I'm sure this Semi final against our nearest and dearest will need no prompting for an atmosphere nor for everyones colours to be on show. I really hope Uniteds end is red and white and ours the opposite, this is what its all about it just doesnt get much bigger than this and it's getting back to how it used to be in the late 60's early 70's when Manchester dominated and was the place to be. Lets rock Wembley with the Poznan and let Blue Moon echo around the Capital and show the world that City have arrived.

Good post Blue.

Don't want to come across as the big I am or Mr Condescending. Honest. But the thread was a positve one. I know 95%(?) of City fans will wear blue, but if we could get everyone to wear blue, regardless of it being City shirt, a t-shirt, a shirt, a pyjama top,(Lol!) or whatever you want ot wear, it would be an amazing backdrop.

BTW. Has anyone got a picture of the Holt End with all the City fans packed into it?

-- Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:59 pm --

Just found this. City V Ipswich.

78984424.jpg

This is the one I've been looking for. :-)

soccer-fa-cup-semi-final-ipswich-town-v-manchester-city_681649.jpg

jrb said:
match)

Just like the dutch do at football matches.(below)

Everyone wear blue.

Love to see the club hand out free cheap blue t-shirts. one adult size and one kids size for all.

stock-photo-nuremberg-germany-june-holland-supporters-in-the-stands-during-a-round-world-cup-soccer-50984719.jpg

euro2008_holland_fans02.jpg
thats orange,,but i do see your point

EVERYONE should take a scarf, every single person.

I'm making a flag especially for it, i hope every single space on the tier is filled with blue flags, no st georges ones as they have red in them, just a sea of blue flags.

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
Bluebee2 said:
Yes I agree it would look awesome. Rangers did it in orange for a cup final.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y27NJ7wzuUE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y27NJ7wzuUE</a>
Apart from without the political bullshit!
It was for dick advocaat fella

It's a bit more positive now. Glad people are thinking the same. Let's get the place covered in blue. Everyman and his dog wear something blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.