Wembley too small

Agree. The Azteca Stadium in Mexico, and the Azadi Stadium in Iran, both hold over 100,000, and they're both much older than Wembley.

Unknown_Genius said:
Agree. The Azteca Stadium in Mexico, and the Azadi Stadium in Iran, both hold over 100,000, and they're both much older than Wembley.

Whats that got to do with anything? Thats like saying the old Ford Capri had a 2.8L engine where as the new Focus RS only has a 2.5, therefor the old capri is better, total nonsense!!!

The meagre allocations given to the two clubs , even at semi-final sizes of 31,500 , means that the venue is too small .... because those allocations , to the average football fan , are never seriously gonna be increased , are they?

Not only that but it's also wrongly sited in my opniion ...... a more central placing on acres of land just outside of Birmingham would probably be better ..... a city that size that should be more than able to accomodate most of those that would travel to London , and travel times for the game itself would be less for the majority of people.

rickmcfc said:
Unknown_Genius said:

Whats that got to do with anything? Thats like saying the old Ford Capri had a 2.8L engine where as the new Focus RS only has a 2.5, therefor the old capri is better, total nonsense!!!

I didn't say they're "better", just that for the money and time it cost to build, yet only 25,000 fans from both sides can get there, for me thats not very good. I acutally prefer the old Wembley. And whats with those empty sections of seats either side of the dugouts? That irritates me a bit.

AntonDonJuan said:
It's never been a problem until we got to a final.

Neither has the ticket allocation until it comes to our turn.

Just get on with it like every other club does

it won't be will it? no-one ever moaned about scooter slashers in turin until we played juventus away. people are talking about it now because it's become relevant to manchester city.

Remember wembley is primarily the national teams stadium. It also hosts play offs and stuff like the johnstones paint final. No way would these sell 150,000 tickets on a regularl basis. For England to play in a just over half full stadium for most home games would be a major embarrassment to the fa. The Ghana game only reached capacity as they brought 20,000 supporters. Look at what happened to wales in their national stadium, a stadium with far too big a capacity for their national team. Yeh it sold out for the first year or so, novelty wore off, crowds go down, they end up moving to smaller club stadia. I'm not suggesting this would happen to England, but you get my drift.

That leaves increasing the capacity just for fa cup games, even though for example, Bolton couldn't even sell there 32,000 allocation for their semi. Just don't add up in my opinion, plus like freestyler said, if tickets were distributed fairly between the two teams, there wouldn't be a problem.

Barca's Camp Nou will hold 130000 by the end of the decade.

That's what Wembley should have held!

It's not too small, it just cost an obscene, pathetic amount of money and they need to pay that money back. What better way to do that? Give shit allocations to those who actually want, and deserve to be there, and give shit loads of tickets to those who couldn't give a fuck. It's a joke but this is Great Britain we are talking about, are you really that surprised? We fuck everything up. It's only us who could be corrupt and stupid enough to make a stadium cost a billion quid. A billion quid to build something for people to sit down and watch a football match in. Fucking stupid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.