Wembley too small

problem is anything with over 80'000 is difficult to get it to work properly. the nou camps faciltities were hopeless when we visited, not enough food/drink in stadium, huge queues everywhere in the stadium, water didnt work at half time because too much demand etc. same with the current wembley and toilet queues tbh

designers should have started with amount of fans for final i.e 40000 each team. Therefore 80000 capacity, then decided how many corporates they needed to accomodate 20000-40000 and should have built a stadium with 120000 capacity. It isn't brain surgery unfortunately the FA have long been inept and illogical.

AntonDonJuan said:
It's never been a problem until we got to a final.

Neither has the ticket allocation until it comes to our turn.

Just get on with it like every other club does

Have to agree. As much as I hate them, I laugh at the rags when they complain.

King-Dzeko said:
AntonDonJuan said:
It's never been a problem until we got to a final.

Neither has the ticket allocation until it comes to our turn.

Just get on with it like every other club does

Have to agree. As much as I hate them, I laugh at the rags when they complain.

Well clearly it wouldn't be a problem until we got there, as we have never experienced the problem. Doesn't change the fact that this could have been easily solved when the ground was redeveloped. From a real fans perspective does the new wembley offer any more tickets than the old wembley, NO, what a wasted opportunity.

some things never change. its been like
that for as long as i can remember<br /><br />-- Sun May 08, 2011 8:15 pm --<br /><br />some things never change. its been like
that for as long as i can remember

It should have been in Birmingham, i'm sure a billion £'s could have built something better than that.
BTW what fuckin clown decided to use that middle tier for the suits,it's nearly as stupid as the 1,000's of main stand empty posh seats at the start of the 2nd half.

I'm no civil engineer but I imagine that building an all-seater stadium for over 90,000 with a substantive roof is a logistical nightmare. The comparisons with the Nou Camp are somewhat misleading because Spanish grounds are generally built with much steeper stands. On that basis you are not comparing like for like and it is hard for me to imagine a larger Wembley working. In any event given the shambolic way the FA mismanaged the whole project I shudder to think what that would have ended up costing - and let us not forget that ultimately it is the fans who end up paying for this incompetence not the 'suits' at the FA.

In terms of the allocation there has historically always been a relatively small allocation to the finalists' fans (the 'football family' anyone?) well before the advent of corporate sponsorship - so to blame this on the inexorable march of global capitalism is wide of the mark.

I had been to the 'new' Wembley once prior to the semi and I feel that whilst no-one could describe it as good value for money, it is a truly impressive piece of architecture and the standard of finish in certain parts of the stadium is truly breathtaking.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I'm no civil engineer but I imagine that building an all-seater stadium for over 90,000 with a substantive roof is a logistical nightmare. The comparisons with the Nou Camp are somewhat misleading because Spanish grounds are generally built with much steeper stands. On that basis you are not comparing like for like and it is hard for me to imagine a larger Wembley working. In any event given the shambolic way the FA mismanaged the whole project I shudder to think what that would have ended up costing - and let us not forget that ultimately it is the fans who end up paying for this incompetence not the 'suits' at the FA.

In terms of the allocation there has historically always been a relatively small allocation to the finalists' fans (the 'football family' anyone?) well before the advent of corporate sponsorship - so to blame this on the inexorable march of global capitalism is wide of the mark.

I had been to the 'new' Wembley once prior to the semi and I feel that whilst no-one could describe it as good value for money, it is a truly impressive piece of architecture and the standard of finish in certain parts of the stadium is truly breathtaking.

The thing is the ground was built from new, it wasn't a redevelopment. Therefore all options were open to them. If they need steeper stands the could have had steeper stands.

Also I wasn't that impressed with wembley as a stadium, it isn't too different to the emirates, although corporate wise I'm sure it is.

It should have been built in Birmingham with the new training complex nearby

In a full Wembley Stadium the gents toilets are a nightmare , If you haven't got a strong bladder then I suggest taking a pair of wellies with you . Some other hints .. do not trust the stewards they are the worst that I've encountered , even worse than the Newcastle stewards and if anyone has opened Silverspoons , the converted ice rink over the road from the stadium for a drink pre game ... don't go , its a massive rip off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.