I thought that we were doing quite well here, going round the wheel we have:

Culture: Manchester's music bonds us together of course
Religion: One Love, One Life, One MCFC.
Nationality: Mancunian
Territory: Manchester
Language: Vast range of local accents in City and surrounding areas

then we get to:

History: Errm??

Oh fuck it, we have none, therefore not a nation state.

Carver said:
Kun Aguero said:
Manchester City
Bonds_of_nation_state_image.jpg

I thought that we were doing quite well here, going round the wheel we have:

Culture: Manchester's music bonds us together of course
Religion: One Love, One Life, One MCFC.
Nationality: Mancunian
Territory: Manchester
Language: Vast range of local accents in City and surrounding areas

then we get to:

History: Errm??

Oh fuck it, we have none, therefore not a nation state.
"You can't be a nation state la' you ave no istreeee"

Since when has Abu Dhabi been a nation-state? A nation maybe but a state no.

They are a component part of the United Arab Emirates along with Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm al-Quwain.

JGL07 said:
Since when has Abu Dhabi been a nation-state? A nation maybe but a state no.

They are a component part of the United Arab Emirates along with Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm al-Quwain.
When have Wenger or Arsenal let facts get in the way?

For a club with a Russian billionaire oligarch owner and a capitalist billionaire owner, as well as some very rich brits on the board they aren't exactly poor are they ?

I think Wenger is just miffed that the owners of Arsenal aren't growing the club as quickly as City are growing which in turn will bring a lot more money into Manchester City and give us even bigger resources for getting the best young players.

I think the size of City's scouting operation and academy must have most of the Premiership teams worried now.

To be fair, not only was it not Wenger but I originally heard this phrase about 12-18 months ago (or rather something very similar - "sovereign state" I think it was) coined by someone outside of Arsenal FC when referring to our club.

Step forward none other than our mutual friend Mr Alan Pardew. The fucking old ****!

Wenger is a tool who lost the plot yrs ago. Arsenal fans wanted him sacked 4 months ago and will again shortly when he goes out of every competition in Feb/Mar. So to summarise, who cares what hes saying, even his own fans dont respect him anymore.

M18CTID said:
To be fair, not only was it not Wenger but I originally heard this phrase about 12-18 months ago (or rather something very similar - "sovereign state" I think it was) coined by someone outside of Arsenal FC when referring to our club.

Step forward none other than our mutual friend Mr Alan Pardew. The fucking old ****!
What are they going to say when we have higher revenues than them and turn a profit? apart from 'I didn't see it' 'and ****ing old ****'.

aguero93:20 said:
M18CTID said:

What are they going to say when we have higher revenues than them and turn a profit? apart from 'I didn't see it' 'and ****ing old ****'.

They won't know what to say. The moment that happens will be rather amusing. At our current rate of progression, profitability for this club is probably no more than 2 or 3 years away.

Although Wenger has largely kept his gob shut of late about us, I still laugh at his early comments immediately following the takeover when he said that there was no "rational explanation" for ADUG buying us. It was as though he was saying we were some poxy backwater village club with no chance of ever growing regardless of how much money was thrown at it, rather than one of English football's sleeping giants with huge potential for growth given a bit of time and considerable investment in all areas of the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.