Wenger - "we can't compete with a nation state"

stony said:
MSP said:
8 pages, quoted article and still everyone thinks it was Moanger who actually said this, lol

Who cares, Wenger is still a ****.

I thought we had risen a little above this by now.

Can we not be a little bit fairer to Arsene Wenger. YES; he is very selective in what he sees. YES; he often uses money as an excuse for Arsenal's lack of titles of late. BUT; this guy has contributed a huge amount to the success of the EPL and the way football is played here today. For years Arsenal were the team that i looked forward to watching if City weren't on the box. His teams played beautiful football.....something the guy is clearly passionate about. .Of course he is now somewhat frustrated that we have taken over the mantle of the Kings of beautiful, exciting football.

We are incredibly lucky to have the quality of Owners and investment we have now. They have set the standard for operating a Football club with vision, dignity and class. We and the rest of the football world are watching our team play some of the best Football on the Planet! I think our owners would love to see their philosophy taken on board by City fans.

BlueSiam said:
stony said:
MSP said:
8 pages, quoted article and still everyone thinks it was Moanger who actually said this, lol

Can we not be a little bit fairer to Arsene Wenger. YES; he is very selective in what he sees. YES; he often uses money as an excuse for Arsenal's lack of titles of late. BUT; this guy has contributed a huge amount to the success of the EPL and the way football is played here today. For years Arsenal were the team that i looked forward to watching if City weren't on the box. His teams played beautiful football.....something the guy is clearly passionate about. .Of course he is now somewhat frustrated that we have taken over the mantle of the Kings of beautiful, exciting football.

We are incredibly lucky to have the quality of Owners and investment we have now. They have set the standard for operating a Football club with vision, dignity and class. We and the rest of the football world are watching our team play some of the best Football on the Planet! I think our owners would love to see their philosophy taken on board by City fans.

City fans have no desire to have the most expensive match and season tickets in Europe.

Shirley said:
BlueSiam said:
stony said:

City fans have no desire to have the most expensive match and season tickets in Europe.

Oops....I suppose I could have phrased it clearer. My bad. Not Arsenal's philosophy you silly sod!

Re: Wenger - "we can't compete with a nation state"

Saw yesterday that Kroenkeis the 8th biggest land owner in America. Not doing too bad is he?

You have to wonder about a financial type that either doesnt know or is wilfully misleading people about our ownership structure in favour of a cheap soundbyte.

Not Wenger's quotes, people are getting rattled over nothing here. This is just the Arsenal board deflecting attention away from their obscene remuneration.

They fleece their fans but direct the fans ire elsewhere. A Classic diversionary tactic.

Relax people.

blue_paul said:
Not Wenger's quotes, people are getting rattled over nothing here. This is just the Arsenal board deflecting attention away from their obscene remuneration.

They fleece their fans but direct the fans ire elsewhere. A Classic diversionary tactic.

Relax people.

I agree. The Arsenal fans are fleeced on ticket prices, they have one of the richest owners in football. The excuse is we have to keep fleecing you to try and keep up with Manchester City.

When the majority shareholder is married into the richest family in the world and the minority shareholder is the richest man in Russia, it's a rather bizarre claim that they can't compete with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.