Went to Church today or it sounded like it.

1_barry_conlon said:
ChuckleBrother-FeedsTheGoat said:
agree with the OP about yaya toure, fkn lazy arsed overated pile of rubbish, and the atmosphere, defeintely not the worse but it makes me sick in the stomach the amount of people saying we're second who cares about the atmosphere - shame on you, remember the maine road days shit drizzly rubbish teams and all that mattered was belting your heart out non stop through the heartache/good times no matter what. coms is a shit stadium has killed our atmosphere, we used to be renowned as having some of the most passionate fans in the country and now we're a fuck all atmosphere team dare i say it but our home games are as generally as quiet as the rags, yes i said it but its heartbreaking seeing this happen to something iv loved all my life
glory hunters - hate em' lots on here

Thanks for that. I look forward to your 12th post.

what do you mean?
i apologise for not being on the forums/visiting/commenting on them as much as you.

A 1.30pm Sunday kick off is a joke. Hardly surprising the atmosphere suffers.

Instead of blaming everyone but yourself.
What would YOU do to encourage people to sing more.

I think the way the prices have gone in the Premier league and having to buy your tickets in advance has pushed out some of working class singing people who arn't afraid/ashamed/embarrassed to stand and sing on their own and get a song going.

ChuckleBrother-FeedsTheGoat said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Thanks for that. I look forward to your 12th post.

what do you mean?
i apologise for not being on the forums/visiting/commenting on them as much as you.

When you come on here as a Jonny Come lately and slag off the members of the forum you have to expect some may not agree with you, and as for the romantic notion that Maine Road was always a cauldron of passionate noise is frankly a total myth, especailly after the "Kippax's last stand," or perhaps you werent there on Easter Monday when MVF (RIP) scored our last goal at the ground, at home to the mackems who roundly mocked us with 3 nil and you still wont sing.
For every game like the last home derby where the place was bouncing, and Millwars visit in KK's Champions season, there were games were that atmosphere was crap, even the rags outsung us at the game were beckscum had his pension fund boosted every time he went to the North Stand, Main stand corner totake a corner, very few of joe's last season had a decent atmosphere (certainly after christmas when it was obvious that he was taking us back down).
Eastlands can have a superb atmoshere, but itdepends on the game, the opposition and how we are playing, and what is at stake, strangely similar to ow Maine Road was in the last few years at the old ground.

The performance was flat, the atmosphere was flat, but I put both down to the same thing.

3 games in 8 days, and the last one being an early sunday kick-off against a team who is not a main rival..

I for one was in 212, joined in the odd bluemoon rendition and shouted come on City a lot, but overall was sat there with the game going on, but not being involved in it? it seemed most around me where like this also.

Let's get our rest, few light sessions to not lose match fitness and then a run out against Blackpool for some then back with all guns blazing against Poznan and yes I am talking about the fans not the players.

Poznan will have 3000 hairy arsed skin head plumbers in attendance and even though the attendance won't be great, I expect a good atmosphere.

I want the ground to be rocking every game but the most important thing is the results,look at us,second in the league,winning a game when we havent played the best {the sign of a good side} and top class players to come back from injury.NOW is the best time to be a blue for thirty odd years,it could be the most succesful time in our history,so enjoy the ride back the boys and lets ram it down the rags throat when we are the undisputed TOP dogs in manchester!!

DaveH said:

I think the way the prices have gone in the Premier league and having to buy your tickets in advance has pushed out some of working class singing people who arn't afraid/ashamed/embarrassed to stand and sing on their own and get a song going.
The fans on here who know me will be the first to tell you that I will always stand and sing and try to get those around me to do the same which to be honest they do try, my point was no one seemed interested at all yesterday and its happening more and more. Reading some of the replys maybe there were one or 2 more poor performances then yesterday ha,ha so I will take that back and place it in the top 10.
Ref encouraging support I think I tried more then most last season without mentioning the dreaded word ? most will know what I mean, we take 2/3k away and its brilliant most matches, we come back home spread a good few of them around COM's and it is dead in the water. For those saying Newcastle mid-table no interest etc etc shouldn't be an excuse, there were 2000+ there to have a good banter with but it never happened. Its strange but when we get 35k for a cup game it can seem better, is that because fans that would like to be in the singing areas get a chance to go there and we get involved more?

CITY FOR LIFE said:
DaveH said:

The fans on here who know me will be the first to tell you that I will always stand and sing and try to get those around me to do the same which to be honest they do try, my point was no one seemed interested at all yesterday and its happening more and more. Reading some of the replys maybe there were one or 2 more poor performances then yesterday ha,ha so I will take that back and place it in the top 10.
Ref encouraging support I think I tried more then most last season without mentioning the dreaded word ? most will know what I mean, we take 2/3k away and its brilliant most matches, we come back home spread a good few of them around COM's and it is dead in the water. For those saying Newcastle mid-table no interest etc etc shouldn't be an excuse, there were 2000+ there to have a good banter with but it never happened. Its strange but when we get 35k for a cup game it can seem better, is that because fans that would like to be in the singing areas get a chance to go there and we get involved more?

Look, it wasn't even in the Top 100 of bad performances in the last 37 years, not even close.

Stop it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.