We're still in it

Re: ''were still in it''

Absolutely still in. Put it this way - win our 4 home games each of which we are strong favourites for, then it comes down to 2 away games. Both City and Liverpool have to go to Palace so if we are being pessimistic about going there why not expect Liverpool equally to have a tough game? Everton away - undoubtedly a tough ask but equally Liverpool have to play Chelsea.

Today is tough to accept but putting frustration to one side, 100% we are still in it. If we won those two games in hand we'd be sandwiched between them and they have to play each other, plus our goal difference is favourable.

only going to get glum if we drop anymore points as for me we win 6 games we win the league, just can't see a 14 game winning run happening, if it does i take my hat off, you WIn your last 14 games to win the title you fucking deserve it lads, but like i say game at a time keep scratching the 3 points off and we win the league for me

mancityscot said:
we just aren't getting 3 points at goodison. not with their atmosphere plus them challenging for the champs league.

We've got to really hope that their CL qualification is sorted out one way or the other by the time we play them. If it is and they know that 3 points for us will stop Liverpool winning the league, we'll win there

citymad said:
avoidconfusion said:
Can't see Liverpool fuck this up now. They will win the League

Lets hope Maureen goes for the draw and not for the win. When they stay in their shell they are hard to break down.

Assuming both sides win their other 3 games, a draw is fuck all use to Chelsea.

Fact is Chelsea have to go their and win.

Henderson will be out suspended and Sturridge may be out with hamstring issues. A very good time for Chelsea to play them.

mancityscot said:
we just aren't getting 3 points at goodison. not with their atmosphere plus them challenging for the champs league.
If we play like we did in the 2nd half today then we've got every chance! We're fighting for the title.

Were not going to win it.

Lets all be realistic. We need to concentrate on champions league qualification.

Absolutely still in it - believe me the Scousers and Chelsea will be nervous this Wednesday hoping by some miracle Sunderland get something at our place.

If we win then right back in the mix.

The funny thing is Chelsea could benefit from today in the end - the Scousers think they have already won the title but I think because they beat us - they must ignore Chelsea at their peril.

Chelsea beat Sunderland on Saturday then Norwich play Liverpool - Chelsea will be top before Pool play - pressure back on.

Chelsea will have it all to play for at Liverpool.

Me thinks Steveie Me's tears today will come back to haunt him!

A few weeks ago I wanted Liverpool to win it if we didnt but my mindset has changed in the last week or so with the media barrage urging them to win the League for Steveie etc and the arrogant fans virtually celebrating already.

Now even though I cannot stand Mourinho I would laugh my c**k off if they won it instead of them assuming we fall away.

Well, we can't give up that's for sure. Our 2 games in hand are both at home, against Sunderland and Villa. We should win those comfortably.

So that leaves us a point behind them but with a slightly better goal difference, on top of the fact that we have an extra 2 games to play, which in theory should make the goal difference even more comfortable.

We have, in order....

Sunderland (home)
West Brom (home)

Palace (away)
Everton (away)

Villa (home)
West Ham (home)

18 points is do-able. Everton away is the toughest without doubt. The rest are all straight forward. Even Palace will probably be safe by the time we play them. If we can't win the other 5, we don't deserve to win it.

Liverpool on the other hand have...

Norwich (away)
Chelsea (home)
Palace (away)
Newcastle (home)

I don't see them winning all 4. I really don't. Norwich are scrapping, so an away game at their place won't be easy. They have the same game as we do in regards to Palace away, where we will both be expected to win. Chelsea is clearly the key game. They're not out of it, being in a similar position to us, and you would fancy Mourinho to get it tactically right at Anfield in two weeks. He tends to get it spot on in the big games.

I just can't see them winning 14 games in a row. If they do, fair fucks to them, but i don't think they will. We are more than capable of winning the remainder of ours, and that would be enough for us to win the league. Today was shit, but have faith. It's not over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.