We're still in it

Re: ''were still in it''

marco2014 said:
It's over get over it! No chance scousers will slip up!!! Roll on the World Cup!

-- Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:03 pm --

It's over get over it! No chance scousers will slip up!!! Roll on the World Cup!

Btw Kompany fook off

What s back and front of a man you are.

marco2014 said:
cleavers said:
Let them think its won, united thought this in 2012.

Lets win our last 6, and see who's top then, if they still are then fair play to them, they'll have deserved it.

Hmmmm don't share your confidence!! If we win all our games we have a chance. But that's a big ask and a chance is all bit is
Why would I care if you share my confidence ?

ono said:
Well, we can't give up that's for sure. Our 2 games in hand are both at home, against Sunderland and Villa. We should win those comfortably.

So that leaves us a point behind them but with a slightly better goal difference, on top of the fact that we have an extra 2 games to play, which in theory should make the goal difference even more comfortable.

We have, in order....

Sunderland (home)
West Brom (home)

Palace (away)
Everton (away)

Villa (home)
West Ham (home)

18 points is do-able. Everton away is the toughest without doubt. The rest are all straight forward. Even Palace will probably be safe by the time we play them. If we can't win the other 5, we don't deserve to win it.

Liverpool on the other hand have...

Norwich (away)
Chelsea (home)
Palace (away)
Newcastle (home)

I don't see them winning all 4. I really don't. Norwich are scrapping, so an away game at their place won't be easy. They have the same game as we do in regards to Palace away, where we will both be expected to win. Chelsea is clearly the key game. They're not out of it, being in a similar position to us, and you would fancy Mourinho to get it tactically right at Anfield in two weeks. He tends to get it spot on in the big games.

I just can't see them winning 14 games in a row. If they do, fair fucks to them, but i don't think they will. We are more than capable of winning the remainder of ours, and that would be enough for us to win the league. Today was shit, but have faith. It's not over.
Great post.

Absolutely still in it.

I don't understand how at all anyone can say we're not "still in it".

Whether we'll actually win it is another question. But saying we're 'not still in it' implies we have no chance - how can this be the case when all it takes is one slip up from Liverpool to hand the initiative back to us? Which there is a very good chance of considering they have two tough away games as well as a game against another side challenging for the title.

Either people think we're incapable of winning all of our final six games - or, they believe there's no chance Liverpool can drop any more points. Given the remaining fixtures for both sides, the chances of both of those things are very realistic, even if by no means certainties.

(and lets not forget - we might not actually have to win all 6)

Secondly - as has already been iterated...we came back from a much worse situation only 2 seasons ago!

mancityscot said:
we just aren't getting 3 points at goodison. not with their atmosphere plus them challenging for the champs league.

How you can be so sure? What about our superior quality of player plus us challenging for the league title?

It will be a tough game, in fact very tough, but I just don't see how can completely rule out the possibility of us winning?

ono said:
Well, we can't give up that's for sure. Our 2 games in hand are both at home, against Sunderland and Villa. We should win those comfortably.

So that leaves us a point behind them but with a slightly better goal difference, on top of the fact that we have an extra 2 games to play, which in theory should make the goal difference even more comfortable.

We have, in order....

Sunderland (home)
West Brom (home)

Palace (away)
Everton (away)

Villa (home)
West Ham (home)

18 points is do-able. Everton away is the toughest without doubt. The rest are all straight forward. Even Palace will probably be safe by the time we play them. If we can't win the other 5, we don't deserve to win it.

Liverpool on the other hand have...

Norwich (away)
Chelsea (home)
Palace (away)
Newcastle (home)

I don't see them winning all 4. I really don't. Norwich are scrapping, so an away game at their place won't be easy. They have the same game as we do in regards to Palace away, where we will both be expected to win. Chelsea is clearly the key game. They're not out of it, being in a similar position to us, and you would fancy Mourinho to get it tactically right at Anfield in two weeks. He tends to get it spot on in the big games.

I just can't see them winning 14 games in a row. If they do, fair fucks to them, but i don't think they will. We are more than capable of winning the remainder of ours, and that would be enough for us to win the league. Today was shit, but have faith. It's not over.

Don't get this notion of them having to win 14 games in a row, they don't. They've already won 10 of those games, so what they've already done is irrelevant. They have the momentum, and they know they have only got to win 4 games & they are champions.

mancityscot said:
we just aren't getting 3 points at goodison. not with their atmosphere plus them challenging for the champs league.
They will probably have to win that game unless Arsenal collapse. Aguero will probably be 100% by then.

Of course we're still in it.
Play to the final whistle of the final match.
A couple of more twists and turns to go just yet.

cleavers said:
marco2014 said:
cleavers said:
Let them think its won, united thought this in 2012.

Lets win our last 6, and see who's top then, if they still are then fair play to them, they'll have deserved it.

Hmmmm don't share your confidence!! If we win all our games we have a chance. But that's a big ask and a chance is all bit is
Why would I care if you share my confidence ?
Because he's got none of his own you tight bugger.

Of course we're still in it. It will be a real tough one at Goodison, especially if they can keep that momentum going and keep their winning streak intact by the time we face them. While I am pretty confident that we will win our remaining games, unfortunately I can also see Liverpool winning theirs too.
Granted, they've got a tough task against a Chelsea side who are very much still in the title race. However, the spirit in the Liverpool camp is unequalled at this moment of time and I genuinely can see them beating Chelsea and (sadly) winning the league.

Liverpool will not drop points at Norwich and by that time Palace will certainly be safe....Newcastle is just not even worth discussing.

We have one chance and it can be summed up in one word.......Mourinho.

He will be thinking that Pellegrini will bottle it anyway and if they beat Liverpool, they will win it.

He will be looking at a league and CL double.

Mourinho hates Liverpool. Chelsea fans hate Liverpool (no silence from them today).

He won't be going to Anfield to lose that's for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.