We're still in it

Re: ''were still in it''

Marvin said:
mancityscot said:
we just aren't getting 3 points at goodison. not with their atmosphere plus them challenging for the champs league.
They will probably have to win that game unless Arsenal collapse. Aguero will probably be 100% by then.

i feel if we have won all before playing them we will win that game

I can see Aguero leaving at the end of the season. We are simply underachieving on a big scale.

Man Utd have their excuses-we dont I,m afraid.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Liverpool will not drop points at Norwich and by that time Palace will certainly be safe....Newcastle is just not even worth discussing.

We have one chance and it can be summed up in one word.......Mourinho.

He will be thinking that Pellegrini will bottle it anyway and if they beat Liverpool, they will win it.

He will be looking at a league and CL double.

Mourinho hates Liverpool. Chelsea fans hate Liverpool (no silence from them today).

He won't be going to Anfield to lose that's for sure.

Hear hear - no doubt Chelsea will do Sunderland next weekend then have to win at Klanfield - he could really help us there.

Number 1 is Colin Bell said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Liverpool will not drop points at Norwich and by that time Palace will certainly be safe....Newcastle is just not even worth discussing.

We have one chance and it can be summed up in one word.......Mourinho.

He will be thinking that Pellegrini will bottle it anyway and if they beat Liverpool, they will win it.

He will be looking at a league and CL double.

Mourinho hates Liverpool. Chelsea fans hate Liverpool (no silence from them today).

He won't be going to Anfield to lose that's for sure.

Hear hear - no doubt Chelsea will do Sunderland next weekend then have to win at Klanfield - he could really help us there.
Chelsea are always tough to score against. But Liverpool's away fixtures are where they are most vulnerable

Re: ''were still in it''

Matt.D said:
ono said:
Well, we can't give up that's for sure. Our 2 games in hand are both at home, against Sunderland and Villa. We should win those comfortably.

So that leaves us a point behind them but with a slightly better goal difference, on top of the fact that we have an extra 2 games to play, which in theory should make the goal difference even more comfortable.

We have, in order....

Sunderland (home)
West Brom (home)

Palace (away)
Everton (away)

Villa (home)
West Ham (home)

18 points is do-able. Everton away is the toughest without doubt. The rest are all straight forward. Even Palace will probably be safe by the time we play them. If we can't win the other 5, we don't deserve to win it.

Liverpool on the other hand have...

Norwich (away)
Chelsea (home)
Palace (away)
Newcastle (home)

I don't see them winning all 4. I really don't. Norwich are scrapping, so an away game at their place won't be easy. They have the same game as we do in regards to Palace away, where we will both be expected to win. Chelsea is clearly the key game. They're not out of it, being in a similar position to us, and you would fancy Mourinho to get it tactically right at Anfield in two weeks. He tends to get it spot on in the big games.

I just can't see them winning 14 games in a row. If they do, fair fucks to them, but i don't think they will. We are more than capable of winning the remainder of ours, and that would be enough for us to win the league. Today was shit, but have faith. It's not over.

Don't get this notion of them having to win 14 games in a row, they don't. They've already won 10 of those games, so what they've already done is irrelevant. They have the momentum, and they know they have only got to win 4 games & they are champions.
I see what you're saying and you're right of course. But at some point, they will play and they won't win. I'm not going to discredit them and call them lucky, but at some point, the little bits of luck, like they had with certain decisions today, will run out or go against them. 14 game winning streaks are just unheard of in a league like this. It doesn't really happen. With the pressure of the next month, winning these 4 games will be a tough ask for them. All i'm saying is let's see how next weekend pans out before we write our chances off.

Until certain questions come up like why we cant match the desire of teams with weaker (Pool) or lot weaker squads (Wigan) from the start we hardly cant talk about will we win our last 6 games or not. Only if we match their desire.

Some of the home games will be really hard too not even mentioning Palace and Martinez. We struggled to beat Pulis' team at home, was a close 1-0 win only, while Everton will be in Liverpool mode if CL place is still at stake for them. But last few years it wasnt at stake for them yet we kept losing there always. And Martinez is an upgrade on Moyes tactically easily. He tought us a lesson with Wigan in the Fa Cup.

Home games: sunderland, Villa, WHU, WBA. Well at least 3 of them still very much in the relegation battle. Maybe when we face WHu in last game they wll be pretty safe then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.