We're Top of the League

For me this season comes down to 2 games at this point. The derby is obviously one of them but it's up to us to get a result in the other, the Arsenal game, in order to make the derby as important as we believe it will be.

A point at The Britannia is a good point, it's never an easy place to go, and had last nights 1-1 draw been back in October we'd not be concerned with it. However given the situation we find ourselves in the 1-1 draw has put a huge amount of pressure on the Arsenal game. To keep our fate in our own hands, and given the fact you'd expect United to pick up most points on offer between now and the end of the season, it now means we need to win at The Emirates. That's going to be a huge ask. Arsenal are a vastly improved side now, they aren't the team United put 8 goals past and have won 7 league games in a row. Combine that with our historically awful form away to Arsenal, we haven't beaten them away in the league since 1975, and our current poor run of away form in general, 2 away wins in our last 9 away games, and you'd have to be the most optimistic person on the planet to be expecting 3 points from our trip to London in a fortnight.

If we manage to find our form and do beat Arsenal for the first time in over 35 years then the derby is the defacto "title decider", if we fail then even victory over United is likely not going to be enough. So, the draw at Stoke, taken out of context, wasn't too bad a result, however when considered in the light of the current situation it really wasn't good enough.

Re: even if

mcfc2607 said:
if united win the league this year with the team they have got it will be a bigger mystery than what started the universe.
erm, no. its fairly obvious why. teams play against them with a different mentality and role over against them. look at fulham losing 5-0 at home to them. against us 2-0 they came out fighting.

to prove this ask yourself: would peter crouch or any player from an inferior team have the audacity or mentality to try a wonder strike against the rags.

answer: no, because subconsciously they believe they should be getting beaten by the rags, therefore they reflect this in their play.

mcfc2607 said:
if united win the league this year with the team they have got it will be a bigger mystery than what started the universe.

They have a team that has lost just three league games all season (we have lost four) ..... and that is title winning form by anyones standards.

Don't be duped by what people say about the quality of their squad .... they pick up points when they need to , more often than not , and they pick up points when they don't play well ..... and right now they are showing the desire to actually win it !

United are breaking their necks in their eagerness to score match winning goals , be that home or away ..... whilst we are not even showing up for half a game , half the time!

If we come out on tops we'll have done brilliantly , and Fergie has more or less indicated that already by streesing his admiration for us this morning!

mansour's tow ropes said:
mcfc2607 said:
erm, no. its fairly obvious why. teams play against them with a different mentality and role over against them. look at fulham losing 5-0 at home to them. against us 2-0 they came out fighting.

to prove this ask yourself: would peter crouch or any player from an inferior team have the audacity or mentality to try a wonder strike against the rags.

answer: no, because subconsciously they believe they should be getting beaten by the rags, therefore they reflect this in their play.
So no one from an inferior team has ever scored a wonder a goal against the rags?

Ok then, whatever you say.

And to the OP, of course things have changed; under one scenario the rags could go top by 1 point, and under the other they could go top by 3 points. How is that not different?

Re: We are well on track

awest said:
To win the title. Excellent point today keeps us tucked in there. Oh sorry, puts us on top of the league. Well done blues and all the fans that went and backed the team.

I see a point at Stoke in early , or mid-season , as a good result ....

i certainly don't when we are involved in the run-in , needing to win games , and fast running out of them !

United fans will see our result as being to their advantage , and that in itself does us no favours!

black mamba said:
awest said:
To win the title. Excellent point today keeps us tucked in there. Oh sorry, puts us on top of the league. Well done blues and all the fans that went and backed the team.

i certainly don't when we are involved in the run-in , needing to win games , and fast running out of them !

United fans will see our result as being to their advantage , and that in itself does us no favours!

all depends on how we do from here

we might yet look back on that as a crucial point earned

lets see how it pans out

Balti said:
black mamba said:
awest said:

all depends on how we do from here

we might yet look back on that as a crucial point earned

lets see how it pans out

Until it is mathematically impossible for us to win the title I shall believe we can do it...be silly not to...

Remember Wembley 99 and all those who gave up and left early n'all that...

The past is history the future is a mystery...

citymad said:
dobobobo said:
Davs 19 said:
Raggier than a particular raggy rag.........Etihad by the way...........Rag

I'd rather be accused of being a Nazi sympathiser.

Eastlands

so you don't like the club getting sponsorship money to help us buy top players ? Yeh come to think of it lets keep it Eastlands, its so nostalgic.......

Not wanting to argue with a fellow City fan, but just because I prefer to say Eastlands does not mean I do not appreciate the sponsorship we receive and the regeneration that is taking place around the stadium.

It's like the League Cup, I don't refer to it by it's sponsor name simply because I chose not to... that and the fact the sponsor changes so often that its hard to keep up.

danburge82 said:
Silvex said:
Truly sickening if we don't win the league because we were so great at the start of the season. This Rag team is one of the worst, how can they be 2nd on goal difference alone with a game to play? I'll tell you how, LUCK. Look at all the 50/50 decisions they get and how many we get? Look how many teams bend over for them, but are in a cup final against us. We will despair the things that have not gone our way. We should be 4 points clear right now. If we had gotten that pen at Chelski, and gone 2-0 up we would've won it and gotten 3 points. If the stupid Sunderland Cunts hadn't scored an OFFSIDE goal, we would've drawn and have gotten 1 point. This bad luck we have is stupid, but even with that I still believe we can win the league. Just have to use better tactics away. Also some people might say that Man Ure should've gotten 3 points when Newcastle went to their place because Newcastle got an unfair pen, but Man Ure have ALWAYS gotten unfair pens/be pampered by the refs, so they got their just desserts.

Really hope we win it or the rag cunts at my school will never let me hear the end of it.
The biggest myth of the season with us Blues has been that this is one of the worst United teams in the last 20 years. In my eyes when I see Fletcher out all season, Vidic and Ferdinand missing for more time than we've been without Vincent and Joleon, Valancua out for months, Nani out for months, Hernandez out for months, he's not the best but Anderson out for months... their replacements have come in and you've not noticed a bit of difference. This current United squad is the best they've ever had. Their fringe squad players are of the highest quality of any club in the league and that's why they could go ahead of us. Savic and Kolo come in for us and to be honest them two wouldn't get in any of the top seven first choice defences, and when we're lacking a bit width we haven't got Valencia Young Nani Giggs or Park to bring on off the bench we've got Adam Johnson and pretty much nobody else. That's why they could go ahead of us.

Also there's no such thing as 'luck'. Things just happen. Luck is about as real as magic, miracles, god, heaven, hell, tooth fairies, NeverNeverLand, flying pigs...

No such thing as luck? Why did we not get a pen against Silva at Chelski? Why did the assistant referee at Sunderland become lazy at the final seconds of the game and not run to his damn post to call offside against that Sunderland striker?

It's either luck or an Agenda against us.

You're right when you say that they have wingers, but how many of their players can make it into our first 11? Only 1 I believe and that's Valencia.

Oh and another reason, probably the biggest, why the rags are doing so well is because all the midtable teams bend over for them. Fulham at home was god awful, they didn't even try. Oh but when we're there they pull off a comeback and tie 2-2. Blackburn was the only exception to this when they won 3-2.

City
Points lost that should've been won:
3 points at Chelsea
1 point at Sunderland

United
Points lost that should've been won:
3 points when Newcastle came into town.

City
Points won that should've been lost:
None

United
Points won that should've been lost:
Should've lost 3 points at Chelsea due to 1 dodgy pen.

We should be 4 fookin' points clear! I hate the rags, I really do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.