Were we lucky not to have any of our games postponed?

Last year we were criticised after the late postponement of the Everton game due to COVID

This year we're criticised because we're virtually the only team to not suffer from a game being postponed due to COVID.

Yes, we got the points on board, Chelsea & Liverpool are now at panic stations trying to keep up with us.
It just shown a graph on super sky. We were virtuallyall level at the start of December then while the other 2 have slowly pickeduppoints having stalled throughout, we have just gone on a straight line up the graph. . Spitty looked suicidal.

We could, of course, suffer an outbreak of covid but, all being well, the lack of fixture congestion will stand us in good stead. Cups coming up, so still a lot of work to do. Que sera sera.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
We could have not picked up 6 points from the last two games and then wished we'd had an outbreak or blamed tiredness!

We played, we won, we got the points in the bag.... over to the others to play catch up.
Of course we don't know what is around the corner and it could be our turn next.

I thought playing a fresh arsenal at home after 3 games within 6 days was a game too far around the festive period tbh.
I said before the game to friends that I would take a point but we did well, digged deep and got the result.

Credit to the lads and a well deserved rest mentally and physically now.

We've been fortunate so far but the other teams are going to have to play catch up, and I wouldn't put it past the PL to use it as an opportunity to f*ck around with our fixtures if they think it will disadvantage us in some way.

We've been fortunate so far but the other teams are going to have to play catch up, and I wouldn't put it past the PL to use it as an opportunity to f*ck around with our fixtures if they think it will disadvantage us in some way.
Postponement of a game over Christmas and New Year was an advantage if your squad didn't have Covid. See the Arsenal v City game. They were fresh, we were tired. We won. Leicester City similarly beat Liverpool in similar circumstances but both Arsenal and Liverpool had a physical advantages in these games.

Pep has taken a very different strategy to Tuchel and Klopp re Covid. Klopp put it out in advance that 3 players were out of the Chelsea v Liverpool game. Tuchel claimed his squad were under immense pressure due to all kinds of problems. Pep said nothing. The temptation is to think City have been lucky with Covid but we now know that City lost Walker, Foden, Zinchenko and Rodri to Covid and we kept the reason quiet.

This is good management. You don't give the playing squad an excuse to feel tired and under pressure. Tuchel on the other hand fueled low morale at Chelsea.

It's not luck, it's good organisation and having players in our squad who are uber-professional.

Oh and Kyle's been kept away from the starting lineup :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.