Were you at Ewood in 2000?

Didn't get tickets by conventional means so a couple of us went down the day before. A quick tour of the local boozers and we managed to score four season tickets off a group of old boys in the Golden Cup. They only wanted face value an'all! We gave them face value plus enough for an all dayer, they were thrilled and wished us well.
Brilliant day, great memories.

Awesome day. I very luckily got a ticket the night before, much to my bosses annoyance when I rang him on the morning of the game. Went to a really nice boozer in the country all day singing in the sun and then the game itself was nerve wracking to fuck. Really thought we were going to blow it but alas we came through it. One of the best days you could ever have watching football.

I was in a wheelchair right at the front as i had just had an operation on my cruciate ligament (my dad got in for free as he was classed as my helper), after the game my dad helped me hobble onto the pitch just enough so i could kiss the post (the one they hit 4 times)!!!!

citykev28 said:
A rag mate has sent me this. I've never seen it before. I'm the one near the front in the red England top. Can any of you spot yourselves?

[bigimg]http://i43.tinypic.com/2metxcw.jpg[/bigimg]
I see a mate from alty names Carl second from the right front row don't count the copper ( he's in blue t shirt).

I was there with my dad in the lower darwen end. Great day, I remember I had one of those flags from wembley the previous year, still got it somewhere. It's one of those times where you just hug random men in absolute ecstasy. Brilliant. One abiding memory was watching "Soccer Sunday" with Elton Welmsby and when Matt Jansen/Ashley Ward hit the post for the fourth time you can see the ref rolling his eyes and shaking his head thinking "wtf you doing city" great stuff!!

citykev28 said:
A rag mate has sent me this. I've never seen it before. I'm the one near the front in the red England top. Can any of you spot yourselves?

[bigimg]http://i43.tinypic.com/2metxcw.jpg[/bigimg]
ash of Ashton just in front of the police complete with his long hair. I was behind the police being quicker than him and trying to get the match ball off the ref.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I'm led to believe that everyone bar me was there!
I wasn't there; few of us watched it on TV then party time (beer and BBQ) in your neck of the woods I believe - Littleborough. Ended up drinking with crazy Sean (the one who likes the various phone-ins and gives it out big time)

I was there , sold a couple of tickets to a member of the Morcambe / Lancaster branch 2 mins before kick off ( for face value ) , at half time i felt guilty about taking there money , at full time i was thinking that the tickets were in fact priceless , and i had been ripped off by them !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.