Were you Swales out, or Swales in?

Yes I was with the Swales out campaign. Got me forward with franny badge.

Anyway, more important matters.

In 119 we have a rival for the fella in 121,

Cracks me up he does. Last game his latest offering at the top of his voice was.

I hate fish..... Sneaky bastards.

blue underpants said:
[Yes im sure he is, listen out for another of his classics.
Dig up Matt Busby, dig up Matt Busby tonight, no fuck it, stamp on Matt Busby, stamp on Matt Busby tonight, sick i know but funny when he belts it out alone

Maybe you might want to fill him in on this.

Aged 18, Busby signed for Manchester City on a one-year contract worth £5 per week on 11 February 1928, with the provision for him to leave at the end of the deal if he still wished to emigrate to the United States with his mother. He decided to stay and made his debut for City on 2 November 1929, more than 18 months after first signing for the Blues, when he played at inside left in a 3–1 win at home to Middlesbrough in the First Division. He made 11 more appearances for City that season, all at inside forward, scoring five goals in the process.

During the 1930–31 season, City manager Peter Hodge decided that Busby's talents could be better exploited from the half-back line, with Busby playing the right-half role. In his new position, Busby built up a reputation as an intelligent player and a finer passer of the ball. In 1930, Manchester United made an enquiry about signing Busby from their cross-town rivals, but they were unable to afford the £150 fee that City demanded. By the 1931–32 season, Busby was firmly established in the first team, missing just one match that season. Indeed, Busby and Jackie Bray became such fixtures at wing-half that club captain Jimmy McMullan had to move to forward to keep his place in the team. In the 1930s Manchester City performed strongly in the FA Cup. They reached the semi-finals in 1932, and the final in 1933 before finally winning the tournament in 1934. However, from the second half of the 1934–35 season, Busby's number 4 jersey was worn by Jack Percival with increasing regularity, and Busby was sold to Liverpool for £8,000 on 12 March 1936, having made more than 200 appearances for Manchester City.

8 years a Blue........

paulchapo said:
M331Sydney said:
And you know what Paulo I wouldn't swap one single minute of it... because watching Sergio score exorcised all those demons in one fell swoop... let the good times roll.

(Had to laugh at the Cup Final though when TBBM shouted Swales out 2 minutes after we'd lifted the trophy... wish I'd thought of it first)

The pure raw gutteral scream/roar that erupted from everyone's throats when Sergio's shot hit the back of the net was unlike anything i had ever experianced in football before.I think because until it did we were back IN the Swales era again.It felt like i was stood on the terraces of the kippax,the cold grey ghosts of our miserable past, of failure and disappointment swirling,gripping and taunting us one last time,it was surreal.Everything looked and felt cold,grey and lifeless.Then the goal and everything exploded into pure joy and colour.It was almost like an exorcism,the emotion was that powerful.

Written like poet, very nicely put.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
paulchapo said:
M331Sydney said:
And you know what Paulo I wouldn't swap one single minute of it... because watching Sergio score exorcised all those demons in one fell swoop... let the good times roll.

(Had to laugh at the Cup Final though when TBBM shouted Swales out 2 minutes after we'd lifted the trophy... wish I'd thought of it first)

The pure raw gutteral scream/roar that erupted from everyone's throats when Sergio's shot hit the back of the net was unlike anything i had ever experianced in football before.I think because until it did we were back IN the Swales era again.It felt like i was stood on the terraces of the kippax,the cold grey ghosts of our miserable past, of failure and disappointment swirling,gripping and taunting us one last time,it was surreal.Everything looked and felt cold,grey and lifeless.Then the goal and everything exploded into pure joy and colour.It was almost like an exorcism,the emotion was that powerful.

Thanks! It is so hard to put such an event into words,anyone who was there will know what i meant and felt though.

paulchapo said:
blue underpants said:
Dig up Matt Busby, dig up Matt Busby tonight, no fuck it, stamp on Matt Busby, stamp on Matt Busby tonight, sick i know but funny when he belts it out alone

Aged 18, Busby signed for Manchester City on a one-year contract worth £5 per week on 11 February 1928, with the provision for him to leave at the end of the deal if he still wished to emigrate to the United States with his mother. He decided to stay and made his debut for City on 2 November 1929, more than 18 months after first signing for the Blues, when he played at inside left in a 3–1 win at home to Middlesbrough in the First Division. He made 11 more appearances for City that season, all at inside forward, scoring five goals in the process.

During the 1930–31 season, City manager Peter Hodge decided that Busby's talents could be better exploited from the half-back line, with Busby playing the right-half role. In his new position, Busby built up a reputation as an intelligent player and a finer passer of the ball. In 1930, Manchester United made an enquiry about signing Busby from their cross-town rivals, but they were unable to afford the £150 fee that City demanded. By the 1931–32 season, Busby was firmly established in the first team, missing just one match that season. Indeed, Busby and Jackie Bray became such fixtures at wing-half that club captain Jimmy McMullan had to move to forward to keep his place in the team. In the 1930s Manchester City performed strongly in the FA Cup. They reached the semi-finals in 1932, and the final in 1933 before finally winning the tournament in 1934. However, from the second half of the 1934–35 season, Busby's number 4 jersey was worn by Jack Percival with increasing regularity, and Busby was sold to Liverpool for £8,000 on 12 March 1936, having made more than 200 appearances for Manchester City.

8 years a Blue........

Not to mention the Lawman who rejoined and sent them down.

I'll never forget that day for the rest of my life.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:41 am --<br /><br />
paulchapo said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
paulchapo said:

Thanks! It is so hard to put such an event into words,anyone who was there will know what i meant and felt though.

I had to walk home before I roared. What a day!

paulchapo said:
blue underpants said:

8 years a Blue........
Yes i know, hes been told loads of times about it like i said its sick, not as though he dosnt know all about the Busby connection hes been a blue for 40 years and is a home and away goer to EVERY match

blue underpants said:
paulchapo said:
blue underpants said:

8 years a Blue........
Yes i know, hes been told loads of times about it like i said its sick, not as though he dosnt know all about the Busby connection hes been a blue for 40 years and is a home and away goer to EVERY match

So he has been a so called Blue for over 40 years,goes to every match and still finds it funny to sing sick songs about a dead man who served our club with such distinction,because he managed the rags....incredible....<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:51 am --<br /><br />
pauldominic said:
paulchapo said:
blue underpants said:

8 years a Blue........

I'll never forget that day for the rest of my life.

-- Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:41 am --

paulchapo said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

Anyone who witnessed Joe Hart letting it all out on the lap of honour,in his crazy screaming fit in front of the South stand,that is what we all felt.

paulchapo said:
blue underpants said:
paulchapo said:

8 years a Blue........

So he has been a so called Blue for over 40 years,goes to every match and still finds it funny to sing sick songs about a dead man who served our club with such distinction,because he managed the rags....incredible....

-- Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:51 am --

pauldominic said:
paulchapo said:

8 years a Blue........

I'll never forget that day for the rest of my life.

-- Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:41 am --

paulchapo said:

Anyone who witnessed Joe Hart letting it all out on the lap of honour,in his crazy screaming fit in front of the South stand,that is what we all felt.
Sorry mate but hes more than a SO CALLED blue when i say he goes to every match i mean every match, China, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, USA, all over the world hes a fanatic, still i agree with you its wrong and words will be had with him tuesday

If you think the papers are scum and anti City now, they were at the time of the demos against Swales. His mother was not threatened or verbally abused in the nursing home as the papers said. I know this as i often went there. Southbank nursing home, Bowdon. I even had a chat with his mum and she was not happy with the papers. As far as i know all demos were around Maine RD.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.