West Brom (A) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed in the press conference that Pep was asked about something Ive mentioned on here int eh last couple of days....the fact that maybe trying to play all the midfielders in oe go is actually causing us an issue...he said he wasn't sure but he didnt think it was...I actually think it is......either at present they just aren't all use to playing together (highly probable) but also that packing the midfield means that the opponents do it as well. (when he normally pack there defence and midfield anyway against us its even worse now).......I think going to 4 at the back will spread the play out wide a bit more......meanign also one less midfielder as well. basically a 4-1-4-1 formation (though obviously it varies a lot more than that....

I just don't think playing all 4 of Ilky Silva, KDB and ferna is working at present

If we are going to go 3 at the back again id prefer to see us play with kelechi and sergio (though again when this happens Sergio is the one that plays deeper and I just cant see how that is the right way around either) Kelechis link up play is better than sergios and sergio is better on the shoulder of the last man...but so far we have seen the exact opposite for large parts of the time that they have been on the pitch together.....I guess Pep knows best but id be really interested to hear why he does this/asks the players to do it this way around. (Maybe the answer is in the comment about Kelchi which was something along the lines of that when he is in the box goals happen?)

Think Aguero will get at least two tomorrow. Creating more chances and final pass selection will be heavy in the players minds tomorrow after 0 created the other night. We retain possession very well. Keep the ball no silly mistakes and better final pass we will definitely score. 1-3 city.

Aguero needs to be starting, and we need to bin the 3 at the back with this set of players. I'd reward Maffeo with a league start tomorrow, and give Garcia a chance from the bench. Kelechi back to the bench I'm afraid, same with Sane.

We can't afford another slip tomorrow, and its time we kept a clean sheet, so I hope that has been a focus of training this week, thinking, not diving in, in the wrong half of the pitch, get defenders concentrating on their main job.

I'm not overly hopeful, but we're due some luck.

Aguero needs to be starting, and we need to bin the 3 at the back with this set of players. I'd reward Maffeo with a league start tomorrow, and give Garcia a chance from the bench. Kelechi back to the bench I'm afraid, same with Sane.

We can't afford another slip tomorrow, and its time we kept a clean sheet, so I hope that has been a focus of training this week, thinking, not diving in, in the wrong half of the pitch, get defenders concentrating on their main job.

I'm not overly hopeful, but we're due some luck.

We need more than luck. You seen who the ref is ? ;-)

We need to settle on a back 5 and stick with it. One without kolorov.

.......................bravo
Maffeo......Stones......otter......clichy

Use vinny as a sub to come on if we are narrowly in front.

Let that back 5 gel together

Bonucci would have been a class signing. We need somebody of that ilk to replace otter.

Ideally we need the midfield anchor to be the same too but ferd1 is getting on a bit and needs a rest.

Can't help thinking Kante would have been a fantastic signing and both him and ferd1 against the big teams would have been immense.

We need to become more solid and difficult to score against first.

Looking back. Bert was a fantastic manager for this club.
That's not to say pep won't take us to a new level because I am certain he will. But Bert tightened up at the back first and in this league that's key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.