West Brom (A) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-match drink,I will be arriving at New street station could someone recommend a boozer in the centre,will then be getting the metro from Snow hill to the Hawthornes.

It's still early days under Pep and fortunately despite our poor run we're top of the league. Whether we lose to Barca midweek or not, we should still qualify. Monchengladbach are doing really poorly in the Bundesliga and we should beat them. Now is the time to try out different systems, to test players and tactics and for Pep to really scrutinise what works and what doesn't and try to find out his best 11 and best formations. A settled defence and settled 11 would no doubt see better results and overall performances. Injury issues in the new year have cost us before though and we've been stale and unable to perform at the level required. What Pep has already done, that Pellegrini didn't, is try younger players and mix up formations. He already has an idea of where our weaknesses are and can then address them. Better to do so now, while there is time to improve and recover, than in crucial games late in the season - or in knockout CL games.

Now we're out of the EFL cup we've one game fewer over the next few weeks/months which is important. In Jan/Feb those league cup games really do get in the way and the FA Cup is a much more important competition and one we need to be going for. Pellegrini would put full strength out in near enough all competitions, with some rotation, but use younger players very late on. Whilst he did introduce Nacho he did little else despite glaring weaknesses. If we've got injuries at centre back we know Kolarov can do a job there, maybe not the best job but he's capable enough. Pep's tested him. Clichy can play in a back three if required. Aleix Garcia is more than ready to step into the midfield. Similarly, Maffeo looks like our best right back on showings this season and can be relied upon.

All of the work we've done so far will result in improved results after Christmas and moving into next season under Pep. We need results to improve of course, but we're in great shape considering results haven't been good recently and Pep's got a much better idea of our strengths and weaknesses now. Playing the same 11 wouldn't have taught him enough about our side.

Maybe we should sack pep and put you in charge..one of the whingers and boo boys..get behind them!

I haven't criticised pep or the team, have you misread my post. I have criticised kolarov who from my seat at the Etihad has been a liability since we signed him. And if you can't judge yourself that he isn't up to it maybe you are the idiot.

You are a fucking idiot if you think you know better than pep. Better yet send your CV to Kaldoon and see if he thinks you are smart enough to choose which player can play for City. Go support the rags instead having a go at one of our players, especially one who played a role in our success. We need fans to support the team and the players not bloody armchair critics. Have a word with yourself.

I am entitled to my opinion on kolarov and don't need people like you to tell me what I can and can't think. Kolarov is and has always been shite. Yes he can sometimes cross a nice ball but the bloke just cannot defend. If you can't see that you are the "fucking idiot".

West Brom defender Jonny Evans returns after serving a one-match ban.

However, Claudio Yacob is suspended after accumulating five yellow cards, while Saido Berahino won't be considered due to a lack of fitness.

Manchester City will assess midfielder Kevin de Bruyne, who was injured against Southampton last weekend.

Defender Pablo Zabaleta could be involved after missing the last two games with a foot injury, while captain Vincent Kompany is available.

Just had a look at some of their forums, and they're not at all confident. I thought their tails might've been up after nearly beating Spurs.

For some reason, I don't think it will be the formality they suggest.

If we get the 3 points we could well stay top (goal difference a deciding factor), if we don't we could well drop to 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.