West Brom (h) post-match thread

That fucking ex-rag keeper turned into Lev Yashin for one evening. Fuck off.

Their centre half - Ajayi turned into Baresi for one evening. Fuck off.

Jesus, Foden, Mendy - crap.

Sterling , bar the assist, hopeless.

De bryune probably trying too hard.

Cancelo can't couldn't cross the fucking road.

Ake appeared very uncomfortable most of the night. Fair enough, he hasn't played much.

Gundogan easily our best player. By a distance.

Utter wank.
No he didn't, he didn't make one brilliant save, every shot what straight at him.

You have to start wonder when you believe the players aren't playing for the manager. I'd think this watching another team.
The game in hand is currently our saviour, with the other weird results going on. But we shouldn't be relying on that.
It isn't working at the minute. And it needs to start working, and fast.

Another boring performance. And another very frustrating result.

I thought Gundogan was excellent tonight, the moment he moved up in front of Rodri and Cancelo, and left them to hold the middle of the pitch, our attack looked more menacing and we scored a goal.

Sterling needs a run on the bench imo, he dribbles into closed doors all the time now. Rodri is very very late at identifying passes, wastes a lot of time and momentum. Thought Cancelo started bright but grew wasteful as the game wore on.

Thrilled Pep made some subs, but we really needed to see Bernardo on and it says volumes that he, once again, left him on the bench...
I agree. Gundy is far better further up than deep where he’s usually asked to play. He’s got instinct to arrive in the box at the right time.

Pep's team selection, and tactics tonight were shocking. Why didn't Laporte play? Why do we need Rodri, and Gundog in midfield against West Brom. Mendy, dear me.
Kevin is getting more, and more frustrated.

No shame in that, they’re a good side with a proper identity. Their forward players actually look dangerous as well. If only the same could be same for us. Embarrassing the amount of money that’s been spent on that team to look so fuckin lethargic and devoid of ideas.

I've cancelled sky BT and prime
I'm done with football this season, sick of boring football, sick of VAR and sick of no crowds.
Not sure I'll ever go back to the ground, I'm done.

Gundogan best player on the pitch and that is a worry.

We look clueless how to attack

We have stopped doign what we use to do and getting our wide players and fulbacks into the positions we used to do....our midfield just cannt supply the passes. KDB is way off and being played too far forward to have an effect
Jesus is just not threat at all despite what he brings to the team in terms of work rate.
Foden like KDB is no good playing in the front 3...he is better central
Rodri was fucking awful again.
Mendy is stealing a living - righfully hooked

The issue is that pep is fearful of teams hitting us on the break.....not just the odd team now...its all of them and so he has this double pivot (or whatever you want to call it) - 2 out of the 3 of Gundogan, Rodri and Ferna toegether takes away from our creativity and it s also causing other player sto be out of position

Previous seasons we have had

GK

-------Back 4--------

------DM

KDB -----Silva

Wide player------Aguero ------wide player

Now we have

-------------------GK

-------------------Back 4---------

----------------DM ------DM

--------------------KDB

---------Wide player. Jesus-----------Midfielder /wide player

The two DM's arent great at picking forward passes and KDB is on his own inbetween the lines whereas he use to have D.Silva there..

The wide players are coming narrow as the are inverted a lot of the time..>Sterling on the left does it all the time and Mahrez can only go one way.....foden today does the same because as a midfielder thats where he naturally wants to go

We have stopped going in behind the back 4 to the byline with passes and runs (think where Sane/Silva and Sterling created goals from for fun 2 seasons ago-the same place our goal was created from tonight...but we are doingiti so little....

Sterling and Gundogan were unlucky with their headers but to be honest if we had have wont that it would have been although justified, papering over the difficiencies

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.