West Brom Post Match Thread

And Pep mentioned again last night, that Zinchenko is a No 10, playing out of position, & he was also happy to play Foden, as a 'wingback' !

We know we have seen plenty of players who could have played games for City & this is just proving it.

If only Pep had arrived a few years earlier.

It's great. Fair fucks to Pep. At least he has the balls to do it. I don't think Pep has been perfect so far, but there are some encouraging signs and I like to think that if backed into a corner he will do the right thing. There is some evidence to suggest he will. We've got a no.10 that we paid a Ukrainian side £1.7m for playing at LB. You've got to enjoy that really... it's a bit weird but inherently fun. As far as im concerned, I don't really care where they play as long as they get on.

just seen the ferna challenge,i reckon he will get a retrospective ban for that ,as for the "tackles" on kdb and diaz,why don't they give retrospective even though they have already been given yellows.

Trippier and Ben Mee were both released by that dogs bastard hughes, both shone in our youth team and for my money I would have resigned Tripier over Walker while Ben Mee is the kind of clever player (And a natural leader) who could have fit into a Pep team with ease.
It makes far more sense to bring players up to a level where they go out on loan and get game time,

IIRC correctly - based on genuine insider knowledge - Sturridge mostly left because of Hughes and not because he is one greedy bartender.

And Pep mentioned again last night, that Zinchenko is a No 10, playing out of position, & he was also happy to play Foden, as a 'wingback' !

We know we have seen plenty of players who could have played games for City & this is just proving it.

If only Pep had arrived a few years earlier.

There probably were players who could have played and done a job but I think it is also true that the quality of players coming out of the academy has improved.

just seen the ferna challenge,i reckon he will get a retrospective ban for that ,as for the "tackles" on kdb and diaz,why don't they give retrospective even though they have already been given yellows.

Its how they hide behind the Yellow. The ref has seen it and should have given a Red. Shocking! we must ask the FA to explain the decisions. I expect a wave of City players getting sent off. The bias has now become too obvious and people are asking questions that are not City related.

Mancini signed none of them, that was down to our "Directors of football" , Roberto was far from happy and proved right as history shows.

It's not history that shows it, it's bollocks that shows it.

Mancini himself absolutely admitted that he signed those players, even at a time when he was blaming the club officials for everything. He admitted to having 'chased' Rodwell for some time, even at the end. It's total bullshit to blame others for it.

If people think City could have persuaded DeRossi etc to come here, that's one thing, but the idea that our dof, just randomly spent a load of money on shite players, for the sake of it, is absolutely fucking ridiculous. He has nothing whatsoever to gain by it, other than the sack.

Pep's one lapse in that regard, has been JFE.

The other managers were always looking for squad players, if they couldn't get their targets, or even signing squad players as their targets. Rather than just keeping the money.

Pep showed last night how it works: he told city "If you can get Laporte, do it!" but they had told him, the deals have to be within the budget.

His reaction: Fully understands either way.

Mancini's: toys out of pram, we must sign players.

No comparison.

There probably were players who could have played and done a job but I think it is also true that the quality of players coming out of the academy has improved.

I don't believe so.

I don't go anymore, but from what I've seen, I think the group from a few years ago, was better, with the exception of one or two stars.

I also think Jason Denayer could have been as good as the cbs we have now, if Pep had him at 18.

It's not history that shows it, it's bollocks that shows it.

Mancini himself absolutely admitted that he signed those players, even at a time when he was blaming the club officials for everything. He admitted to having 'chased' Rodwell for some time, even at the end. It's total bullshit to blame others for it.

If people think City could have persuaded DeRossi etc to come here, that's one thing, but the idea that our dof, just randomly spent a load of money on shite players, for the sake of it, is absolutely fucking ridiculous. He has nothing whatsoever to gain by it, other than the sack.

Pep's one lapse in that regard, has been JFE.

The other managers were always looking for squad players, if they couldn't get their targets, or even signing squad players as their targets. Rather than just keeping the money.

Pep showed last night how it works: he told city "If you can get Laporte, do it!" but they had told him, the deals have to be within the budget.

His reaction: Fully understands either way.

Mancini's: toys out of pram, we must sign players.

No comparison.
What budget ??

Actually I think Delph would have shone in our U18's. Delph was always a better player than a whole host of our supporters would allow. Pep didn't wave a magic wand over Delph and suddenly imbue him with ability he never possessed in the first place.

Delph has always been a good player. But we had good players ourselves.

I firmly believe some of them, had they been in similar circumstances to Delph, would have been as good or better.

He got the right advancement in football, ours played against kids, for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.