West Brom Post Match Thread

Fantastic performance from the lads could have been a lot more. Next up Burnley away which wont be a picnic.

Good refereeing would have seen McClain sent off after.
Yes, I thought that, but having scored does that not do away with the “denying of goal scoring opportunity “ or am I talking a load of bollocks? Please advise, for future knowledge on my part!

What country, if you don't mind me enquiring ?

I have been wondering what they make of this GBH campaign elsewhere.
America, not sure what channel though. Interestingly they didnt pick up on how bad the Diaz challenge was until the replay, though they did highlight the attepmt on KDB by MCclean, something our media have not mentioned at all from what I seen. That was a dangerous attempt at seriously hurting Kev, I do fear this "City are too fast so we can kick them around" attitude is going to end up with a serious injury whilst our national press and fkin pundits ramp up the hatred of City

We tried to sign him in the summer.

It's a lapse because irrespective, of whose opinion is right, JFE is not a genuine target for being a number one starter, he is short term, hole plugging, Harry Redknapp style squad signing.

Players like Laporte, are genuine signings.

I said we tried to sign him in the summer I don't need an echo. No matter how you phrase it its still only your opinion against Pep's as to who will make a genuine first team starter and as I said I trust pep's over your soapbox motivated opinion.

On top of that Nmecha being added to the 1st team squad is also good news though I would have had him on the bench the last few weeks anyway
The timing of that comment and Jesus still in a brace last night worries me. The Jesus situation not promoting Nmecha.

I just watched the goals again, I thought it was a good piece of refereeing on the second goal, McClain tried to wipe out KDB and ref waived play on, we score, ref books McClain after.
Look I can’t stand fat bob, but in this instance I think his actions were correct.

Could you manage the uproar if did pull that back, rather than playing on.

It's 'bearing fruits' simply because the manager has played them.

Diaz & Foden may turn out to be the best kids we have ever had.

But those who were second best, were pretty fucking good.

A talented young player not making it, is not something that should be put down exclusively to the player. It's our job as a club to try & make them better.

Pep imo, is the first manager to actually give a shit about doing that.

Sorry mate, and I can't be arsed arguing any further because I've done it for years on here, but your opening sentence is rubbish. The manager is playing them because they are good enough, not the other way round. I am pretty sure that all of our managers have said to Txiki that if you produce them good enough, I will integrate them. That's totally understandable when a manager's entire career is judged on results. Pep used very few youngsters last year because none were ready. This year they are. Happy days.

Fans at every club, particularly those who watch the junior matches, whinge constantly that more kids should be "given a go". Fans like homegrown kids, particularly strikers. The pressures on a club like ours at every game mean that we can't just keep throwing in every Tom Dick or Harry who shows promise. This is a fucking well run club, in my opinion, and contrary to the media clichés, we are doing it dead right at Academy level IMO.

Good performance last night, but again a bit wasteful in front of goal, though Foster had a very good game. Sick of us being kicked around though, it's time the club made more of it, that challenge in Diaz was a disgrace, given he's in what his 5th game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.