West Brom Post Match Thread

Advantage

The referee may play advantage whenever an infringement or offence occurs.
The referee should consider the following circumstances in deciding whether to
apply the advantage or stop play:
• the severity of the offence: if the infringement warrants an expulsion, the
referee must stop play and send off the player unless there is a subsequent
opportunity to score a goal

I don't believe so.

I don't go anymore, but from what I've seen, I think the group from a few years ago, was better, with the exception of one or two stars.

I also think Jason Denayer could have been as good as the cbs we have now, if Pep had him at 18.

Ah but it is the "stars" that we really need for the first team i.e. players we can keep.

I said we tried to sign him in the summer I don't need an echo. No matter how you phrase it its still only your opinion against Pep's as to who will make a genuine first team starter and as I said I trust pep's over your soapbox motivated opinion.

You seem a bit of an arsehole, so I won't bother discussing football with you any further, I'll just be obnoxious towards you, instead, as you are towards me.

I did nothing to deserve it, other than comment on football, but you do deserve it, for being an arsehole, for no reason.

just seen the ferna challenge,i reckon he will get a retrospective ban for that ,as for the "tackles" on kdb and diaz,why don't they give retrospective even though they have already been given yellows.
On Motd the commentator did say he thought Ferny's challenge was "accidental". Hopefully ,- "they" do not need to review it.

So are we ok on the Fernandinho challenge?
Reading some posters say he could get a ban. Not seen anything in press.

wrong, same laws apply to how he got his yellow card

I don't think that is right because if the ball had stayed in play, McLean could have ran up the other end, scored and then been sent off. This would put the ref in a very controversial positron

I am not claiming to be an authority on this, I just heard this a couple of years ago

Just watching a rerun of the game and the guy eating the pie was weird, not him but the cameraman.

Sorry mate, and I can't be arsed arguing any further because I've done it for years on here, but your opening sentence is rubbish. The manager is playing them because they are good enough, not the other way round. I am pretty sure that all of our managers have said to Txiki that if you produce them good enough, I will integrate them. That's totally understandable when a manager's entire career is judged on results. Pep used very few youngsters last year because none were ready. This year they are. Happy days.

Fans at every club, particularly those who watch the junior matches, whinge constantly that more kids should be "given a go". Fans like homegrown kids, particularly strikers. The pressures on a club like ours at every game mean that we can't just keep throwing in every Tom Dick or Harry who shows promise. This is a fucking well run club, in my opinion, and contrary to the media clichés, we are doing it dead right at Academy level IMO.

No actually, Foden & Diaz have done nothing yet in the first team.

The only bit of 'bearing fruits' is the fact they are on the pitch.

Loads of players could have been 'on the pitch'. Some would have done ok.

The 'bearing fruits' bit, would come later.

It isbn't a special thing for a kid to get on the pitch, even at a club of City's level. It just became a big thing, because it happened so infrequently.

Pep used plenty of kids at Barca, many of whome never made it. Same with Ferguson at the swamp.

But they were all useful, as loads of ours could have been.

The problem with this 'argument' year in year out, is that people insist on having one that isn't there.

People such as myself & twosips have never complained about kids not getting 'extended runs' in the team, just about them getting a chance to get onthe pitch here & there, when their performances merit it.

That has not happened nearly enough in the past. Hopefully, this is the start of it & eventually giving game time to players like Diaz & Foden will start to 'bear fruit'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.