West Brom sold out

Corky said:
thetimeisup said:
I am 17 have been going home and away from the last three years, went to every home and away game bar 11 including Europe last season and been to them all this season bar Spurs, Fulham, Arsenal, QPR. And I will probably get one for west brom as well because I am in a supporters club.

I have 3400 points and yes I am seeing an increase in "new fans" as well.

Also getting back to someone point about people on higher point buying tickets and selling them this does happen. My young brother who's 14 has 4400 because he buy's tickets and sell them.

A first year season ticket holder could have around 2,400 this year without going to an away match.[/quote

I have had a season ticket since i was 6 if that references to me but it becoming a joke now with away games.

Spurs - Sunday lunchtime, on TV, £50(?), bank holiday weekend during holiday season.

West Brom - Boxing Day 3pm traditionally well-supported football day, not on TV, £40.

Got to have some effect. Seems that increase in supporters clubs, and corporates now that we're one of the hottest tickets in town, has also had a big effect. Plus there are some long-standing fans who've built up points over the years who might now be going to more games than they used to.

2600 isn't a big allocation but still very surprised that it didn't go below 6000 points.

BL2blue said:
Disagree. I'm not talking about Spurs away, I'm talking about games like this. How many went to WBA last season for instance? The demand hasnt gone up that much whereby fans who have regularly go away suddenly cant get tickets to games which last season went to general sale.

Pretty sure league game sold out or near as damm it. Allocation 2800. It was the Carling Cup game that was half empty. And that's where you can see the difference this season. Woles away in the Carling = WBA Carling last season, yet Wolves sold out.

robsta said:
BL2blue said:
Disagree. I'm not talking about Spurs away, I'm talking about games like this. How many went to WBA last season for instance? The demand hasnt gone up that much whereby fans who have regularly go away suddenly cant get tickets to games which last season went to general sale.

Pretty sure league game sold out or near as damm it. Allocation 2800. It was the Carling Cup game that was half empty. And that's where you can see the difference this season. Woles away in the Carling = WBA Carling last season, yet Wolves sold out.

Last year in prem - the game did not sell out (lots of empty seats next to WBa fans - its was a good game and the dart man got sent off.

I agree with previous posters - lots of new / Corporate type fans emerging

One or two at Arsenal lloked like they had never seen City before. Funniest thing I have ever seen was a far east looking fan with a United hat on and an Arsenal scarf - I hope city never get any plastic fans as bad as this example (i tried to get his photo to post it on here but I lost him in the rush getting back to the station.

thetimeisup said:
Corky said:
thetimeisup said:
I am 17 have been going home and away from the last three years, went to every home and away game bar 11 including Europe last season and been to them all this season bar Spurs, Fulham, Arsenal, QPR. And I will probably get one for west brom as well because I am in a supporters club.

I have 3400 points and yes I am seeing an increase in "new fans" as well.

Also getting back to someone point about people on higher point buying tickets and selling them this does happen. My young brother who's 14 has 4400 because he buy's tickets and sell them.

A first year season ticket holder could have around 2,400 this year without going to an away match.[/quote

I have had a season ticket since i was 6 if that references to me but it becoming a joke now with away games.

1000 loyalty bonus 1080 platinum and schemes, top ups for matches over 10 points at home in the cup and home cup games. You could have been overtaken quite easily by a new fan who got their first SC in the summer of 2010as there were the best part of 2k points up for grabs just last season.

Blackcrowes said:
robsta said:
BL2blue said:

Last year in prem - the game did not sell out (lots of empty seats next to WBa fans - its was a good game and the dart man got sent off.

I agree with previous posters - lots of new / Corporate type fans emerging

One or two at Arsenal lloked like they had never seen City before. Funniest thing I have ever seen was a far east looking fan with a United hat on and an Arsenal scarf - I hope city never get any plastic fans as bad as this example (i tried to get his photo to post it on here but I lost him in the rush getting back to the station.

Fair enough. We were right over near the corner flag, half way up and it was packed there. In fact some of the empty seats were probably coz they were 2 to a seat near us. Just remember tons of empty ones for the Carling game.

I must admit I did see a few at Liverpool and Arsenal that looked like they had never seen City before. The friendship scarf is always a give away but 3 blokes at Anfiled who decided to sit down half way through and just watch the backs of the guys in front of them. At Arsenal had to laugh at a group of about 8 who came in who really looked like they had never ever been to a football match, let alone to see City. The look on their faces when they came said it all.

cleavers said:
beehive_bob said:
Seems that increase in supporters clubs............has also had a big effect.
Its f*ck all to do with that, they are getting very reduced allocations for this game, and not the first time this season.

Yep, big reduction in numbers allocated to our branch for this match, just 6 I think out of 18 requested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.