West Brom sold out

bluebannana said:
I know a "NEW BRANCH" just formed this year{can you hear that band on that wagon} who have got 23 tickets for WBA. So how many must they have asked for?
It`s not what you know It`s who you know,And f+ck the loyalty.

which branch[/quote]

WHY ??? Does it matter which branch ! It`s still wrong.

Its sold out because everyone who as over 7000 pts is buying one nowadays to get the 40 pts and then knocking them out in the tickets section on here..The same old bluemoon members always seem to have one spare...You know who you are...

robsta said:
Taximania said:
Unfortunatly there is nothing to elaborate on.
It is very straight forward
Platinum buy their Xtra points AND Corporate buy their entitlement
I think the only fans with GENUINE cause for complaint are the gold fans who could not afford the extra £50 to DOUBLE their points
The very reason the away points criteria are now increasing and selling out at these higher limits is because of the doubling of points.
But platinum fans do not make the rules up do they and neither do the corporate fans.
B.T.W Corporate does not nessasaraly equate to lashings of spare cash or a high society lifestyle.
That argument doesn't stack up mate. It may do in the future but not yet. There have been 9 domestic away games so far, excluding the Community Shield. If you took a Gold member and a Platinum member who started the season on the same points and they both went to all away games, then the Platinum member would have only gained 180 extra points on the Gold member.

Personally I don't agree with the Platinum double points policy but like you said it's not us who make the rules. I joined, not to jump ahead, but so I wouldn't get left behind. I got my West Brom ticket the other day but I would have still had enough points if I had been on Gold.

You're underestimating just how much the Platinum membership has been worth in terms of extra points. I'm on Platinum, joined all 3 cup schemes and have been to every game from the Charity Shield onwards, home away and abroad. So far this season my points have gone up by 1760. If I'd gone to the US and Irish pre-season games I'd have another 200 on top of that.

At double points this means I've made up 880 points on a Gold member who has also been to every game.

It really should be no suprise this has sold out quickly. We only got 2600 tickets as oppose the normal 3000 we get at most away grounds and it's on Boxing Day reasonably close by (traditionally one of the best attended days in the whole season).
But more than that people with higher points are going to even more games now due to success. But even saying that most seasoncard holders regardless of points could still have got tickets for most of the away games this season with the exception of Liverpool, Utd and now West Brom. It's only going to get more difficult though the more successful we become.......
Funnily enough people now fancy West Brom away on Boxing Day much more than when we had almost certain defeat to look forward to a few years ago.

bluebannana said:
I reckon we have shit loads of fans on 6000 now,its a shame but the extra 6-700 points gets you at the front for tickets.
[/quote]
I could get tickets for virtually every away game last season and have gone Platinum and on two of the cup schemes but am now missing out on tickets. Something's not right here.[/quote
im in the same situation. alot more tickets are going out of the back door[/quote]

I'd like to hear proof of this fella, cos if true its out of order[/quote]

theres proof at every game, people with no interest who I have never seen at an away before, that speak spanish, just like at chelsea last year for me[/quote]

The atmosphere hasnt suffered away though, if anything it's getting back to the good old days,we are victims of our own success I'm afraid.

Tonster said:
It really should be no suprise this has sold out quickly. We only got 2600 tickets as oppose the normal 3000 we get at most away grounds and it's on Boxing Day reasonably close by (traditionally one of the best attended days in the whole season).
But more than that people with higher points are going to even more games now due to success. But even saying that most seasoncard holders regardless of points could still have got tickets for most of the away games this season with the exception of Liverpool, Utd and now West Brom. It's only going to get more difficult though the more successful we become.......
Funnily enough people now fancy West Brom away on Boxing Day much more than when we had almost certain defeat to look forward to a few years ago.

We sold out there no problem 12 years ago on boxing day, and won. That day we took the whole stand as WBA were upset as they sold Kevin Kilbane.

It was worse than this for aways in 98/99 too.

middletonblue said:
Its sold out because everyone who as over 7000 pts is buying one nowadays to get the 40 pts and then knocking them out in the tickets section on here..The same old bluemoon members always seem to have one spare...You know who you are...
Pot.....Kettle....Black :-)

I am 17 have been going home and away from the last three years, went to every home and away game bar 11 including Europe last season and been to them all this season bar Spurs, Fulham, Arsenal, QPR. And I will probably get one for west brom as well because I am in a supporters club.

I have 3400 points and yes I am seeing an increase in "new fans" as well.

Also getting back to someone point about people on higher point buying tickets and selling them this does happen. My young brother who's 14 has 4400 because he buy's tickets and sell them.

Corky said:
Tonster said:

We sold out there no problem 12 years ago on boxing day, and won. That day we took the whole stand as WBA were upset as they sold Kevin Kilbane.

It was worse than this for aways in 98/99 too.

Agreed, away support died off over the last few years and a couple of seasons ago virtually every away game went to open sale with the usual exceptions. But the kind of football and success we are now having will mean away tickets will get more precious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.