West Brom sold out

Freestyler said:
Sells out before 5,500?

something not quite right here, definitely.

Agreed. Something doesn't add up. I was on Citycard 2 seasons ago (albeit with a lot of points but still behind any seasoncard in the queue) and used to get tickets for games like this easily.

Now every away game is selling out in double quick time.This cant be down to people with lots of points suddenly going again as they wouldnt have the points to start with.

It cant be the Platinum card extra points as most fans went for that option anyway.

Tickets are going somewhere they previously didn't.

The extra £50 for platinum was a waste of money!

thetimeisup said:
I am 17 have been going home and away from the last three years, went to every home and away game bar 11 including Europe last season and been to them all this season bar Spurs, Fulham, Arsenal, QPR. And I will probably get one for west brom as well because I am in a supporters club.

I have 3400 points and yes I am seeing an increase in "new fans" as well.

Also getting back to someone point about people on higher point buying tickets and selling them this does happen. My young brother who's 14 has 4400 because he buy's tickets and sell them.

A first year season ticket holder could have around 2,400 this year without going to an away match.

Re: Re: West Brom sold out

Prestwich_Blue said:
Ant-emilydesign said:
Sick of not being able to get away tickets anymore!!! Ive been going to almost every away game for the last 3 seasons and now this season the tickets never get down to my catagory!
Me too. Even without counting the derby that's the third time I've missed out this season alone with nearly 6000 points. I strongly suspect a load of tickets are being offloaded to agencies at a premium.

A couple of weeks ago i noticed a sign in a Thomas Cook shop window that a package was being done for the forthcoming home game against Norwich. B&B and match ticket for £99.

I suspect they may have a similar scam going with away games as well. Though i may be wrong?

BL2blue said:
Freestyler said:
Sells out before 5,500?

Agreed. Something doesn't add up. I was on Citycard 2 seasons ago (albeit with a lot of points but still behind any seasoncard in the queue) and used to get tickets for games like this easily.

Now every away game is selling out in double quick time.This cant be down to people with lots of points suddenly going again as they wouldnt have the points to start with.

It cant be the Platinum card extra points as most fans went for that option anyway.

That's because a couple of seasons ago the demand wasn't as great. Not every game is selling out in double quick time even now.
Spurs went to open sale (and we only had 1700 tickets), similar with Fulham, Chelsea has only just sold out and has been on sale for 2 weeks (again with 1500 tickets) and QPR went all the way to open sale.
Only Villarreal of the euro aways sold out.
So let's leave off with the conspiracy theories, more success = more fans going to games, just look at every home game selling out, coincidence? That's not happened since we moved to the new ground.

Tonster said:
That's because a couple of seasons ago the demand wasn't as great. Not every game is selling out in double quick time even now.
Spurs went to open sale (and we only had 1700 tickets), similar with Fulham, Chelsea has only just sold out and has been on sale for 2 weeks (again with 1500 tickets) and QPR went all the way to open sale.
So let's leave off with the conspiracy theories, more success = more fans going to games, just look at every home game selling out, coincidence? That's not happened since we moved to the new ground.
Wooooahhhh, stop with common sense man, no room on here for that.

Regular Joe said:
robsta said:
Taximania said:
Unfortunatly there is nothing to elaborate on.
It is very straight forward
Platinum buy their Xtra points AND Corporate buy their entitlement
I think the only fans with GENUINE cause for complaint are the gold fans who could not afford the extra £50 to DOUBLE their points
The very reason the away points criteria are now increasing and selling out at these higher limits is because of the doubling of points.
But platinum fans do not make the rules up do they and neither do the corporate fans.
B.T.W Corporate does not nessasaraly equate to lashings of spare cash or a high society lifestyle.
That argument doesn't stack up mate. It may do in the future but not yet. There have been 9 domestic away games so far, excluding the Community Shield. If you took a Gold member and a Platinum member who started the season on the same points and they both went to all away games, then the Platinum member would have only gained 180 extra points on the Gold member.

Personally I don't agree with the Platinum double points policy but like you said it's not us who make the rules. I joined, not to jump ahead, but so I wouldn't get left behind. I got my West Brom ticket the other day but I would have still had enough points if I had been on Gold.

You're underestimating just how much the Platinum membership has been worth in terms of extra points. I'm on Platinum, joined all 3 cup schemes and have been to every game from the Charity Shield onwards, home away and abroad. So far this season my points have gone up by 1760. If I'd gone to the US and Irish pre-season games I'd have another 200 on top of that.

At double points this means I've made up 880 points on a Gold member who has also been to every game.
Yeah but in all honesty how many have gone to all the pre-season friendlies, all domestic and European aways ? Full marks to you for all those you've been to but I can't see the 2600 sold for WBA being full of people who have done the same. I think it's more likely there will be a few in that category and others who have been to a lot but not all. I've done every domestic apart from Fulham but like I said, I would still have been able to get my WBA one on a Gold membership.

WBA know they don't have to give us the entire end any more because they can fill the rest with their own fans. That's happening at other grounds as well so it's going to get tougher at times and then they'll always be Blackburn and Bolton who need to sell more to away fans (well until they get relegated).

Tonster said:
BL2blue said:
Freestyler said:
Sells out before 5,500?

Disagree. I'm not talking about Spurs away, I'm talking about games like this. How many went to WBA last season for instance? The demand hasnt gone up that much whereby fans who have regularly go away suddenly cant get tickets to games which last season went to general sale.

BL2blue said:
Tonster said:
BL2blue said:

Disagree. I'm not talking about Spurs away, I'm talking about games like this. How many went to WBA last season for instance? The demand hasnt gone up that much whereby fans who have regularly go away suddenly cant get tickets to games which last season went to general sale.

Of course it has. Just look at the home games. Sold out everyone so far. When did
that last happen?
Boxing day is always one of the biggest games of any season. We're 5 points clear
at the top of the league going into Christmas and you're suprised demands
increasing rapidly?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.