West Brom sold out

Gingers Dad said:
de niro said:
I'm sure it's just city doing very well, everyone wants to go, boxing day is a biggy and I think would sell out regardless of who we played.
The travesty is that again we are away on a day when the club can make a few quid on a holiday period, new year too. Bent as fuck.
Fixture scheduling this season in particular has been a joke. Away after every champs league game, playing 2 games within 48 hours of each other twice, away on every bank holiday. The Liverpool game has been moved from a bank holiday to effectively being a normal midweek game on a work night. There is probably more shit scheduling we haven't noticed yet. No way is all this a coincidence

Exactly. It's been done to reduce our revenue, they think we are thick and we wouldn't notice.

Will make winning the prem sweeter.

dw7 said:
Gingers Dad said:
Stretford Born Blue said:
Bollox, knew I should have got it this morning, will have to go to a soddin family Christmas get together now....!!!!!!
Going to this and can't wait, only do a few aways a year but I had enough points. Apologies to fans that go to more aways and couldn't get a ticket but I did go to QPR, which wasn't a sellout, and had to buy 2 sets of tickets because I lost the first lot. So after paying an extra £160 for that one I feel I've earned a good Boxing Day out
Why buy a 2nd set tell the club you lost them and they'd do you duplicates to be collected at qpr
Bit of a story to that. We did try to get the tickets re-printed but couldn't. So it was either buy new ones or miss the match

de niro said:
Gingers Dad said:
de niro said:
I'm sure it's just city doing very well, everyone wants to go, boxing day is a biggy and I think would sell out regardless of who we played.
The travesty is that again we are away on a day when the club can make a few quid on a holiday period, new year too. Bent as fuck.
Fixture scheduling this season in particular has been a joke. Away after every champs league game, playing 2 games within 48 hours of each other twice, away on every bank holiday. The Liverpool game has been moved from a bank holiday to effectively being a normal midweek game on a work night. There is probably more shit scheduling we haven't noticed yet. No way is all this a coincidence

Exactly. It's been done to reduce our revenue, they think we are thick and we wouldn't notice.

I'm sorry guys, I've read some nonsense in this thread but these quotes win the prize.
'The travesty is we are away on a day when the club can make a few quid'.
Newsflash, half the league need to be away on Boxing Day. In the last six seasons we've been home 3 times and away 3 times. Seems a reasonable split to me.
'It's been done to reduce our revenue'.
How so? We are selling out every single home game so I'm afraid this is also nonsense. Liverpool has been moved for Sky, prior to that it was on a bank holiday and will sell out regardless then add the Sky money in for the game and it increases our revenue.
Talk about paranoid.

Tonster said:
de niro said:
Gingers Dad said:

I'm sorry guys, I've read some nonsense in this thread but these quotes win the prize.
Newsflash, half the league need to be away on Boxing Day. In the last six seasons we've been home 3 times and away 3 times. Seems a reasonable split to me.
How so? We are selling out every single home game so I'm afraid this is also nonsense. Liverpool has been moved for Sky, prior to that it was on a bank holiday and will sell out regardless then add the Sky money in for the game and it increases our revenue.
Talk about paranoid.
I wasn't actually talking about the revenue but you must be daft if you don't believe the club make way more money from a weekend game than a midweek game. It's not just about ticket sales. What corporate revenue, catering and merchandise. Match scheduling can have a serious impact on how far you advance in a tournament. If City had gone out of the Carling Cup at Arsenal because they'd played 48 hours earlier they would miss out on a fortune playing Liverpool in a 2 leg semi.

Gingers Dad said:
Tonster said:
de niro said:

Talk about paranoid.
I wasn't actually talking about the revenue but you must be daft if you don't believe the club make way more money from a weekend game than a midweek game. It's not just about ticket sales. What corporate revenue, catering and merchandise. Match scheduling can have a serious impact on how far you advance in a tournament. If City had gone out of the Carling Cup at Arsenal because they'd played 48 hours earlier they would miss out on a fortune playing Liverpool in a 2 leg semi.

I only mentioned the revenue aspect not the scheduling. But even allowing for your
notion that the same amount of people will spend more on a bank holiday than
midweek this is more than offset by the Sky money.
As for boxing day game its the same, someone needs to be away.
Its the idea its some huge conspiracy by god knows who that means we are away on
a bank holiday I find fanciful.

Tonster said:
Gingers Dad said:
Tonster said:
Talk about paranoid.

I only mentioned the revenue aspect not the scheduling. But even allowing for your
Its the idea its some huge conspiracy by god knows who that means we are away on
But your revenue can go down if the scheduling of matches is poor. Other teams will play at the weekend and be on SKY so get tv money and more match day revenue. I don't believe its about revenue, but this match scheduling is definitely about hindering City's success. You can call me paranoid but being away after ALL the Champs League group games is not a coincidence

Gingers Dad said:
Tonster said:
Gingers Dad said:

But your revenue can go down if the scheduling of matches is poor. Other teams will play at the weekend and be on SKY so get tv money and more match day revenue. I don't believe its about revenue, but this match scheduling is definitely about hindering City's success. You can call me paranoid but being away after ALL the Champs League group games is not a coincidence

You're paranoid :-). So the premier league, police and sky are all in cahoots to
Hamper Citys progress? Do you realise how nuts that sounds? Its swings and
roundabouts. The more successful we are the more our fixtures will be moved.

Tonster said:
Gingers Dad said:
Tonster said:

You're paranoid :-). So the premier league, police and sky are all in cahoots to
Hamper Citys progress? Do you realise how nuts that sounds? Its swings and
roundabouts. The more successful we are the more our fixtures will be moved.
I agree the more successful you are the more games you play but how come we played Liverpool on Sunday then played Arsenal on the Tuesday? How come we play twice within 48 hours at New Year when others get 3 days between games. And the thing about being away after Champs League games is definitely to do with the fact the Rags will then be at home after theirs. It might not be a conspiracy but it ain't a coincidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.