West Brom sold out

mancityvstoke said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Right. So the club allocate tickets to individuals who have enough points but the individual may not be the one who actually applied for the ticket or want to use it. But they will presumably get the loyalty points for that ticket.

But does that stop that individual for applying for a ticket on their own behalf and would they get turned away if they went to the ticket office and tried to buy a ticket?

Supporters clubs don't work like that. Imagine the uproar if that happened!

Sounds illegal too.

must do blue, been all away so far but my loyalty points don't add up to these games only conformation i have had from the club is Liverpool last week, by sending me an email on what i thought of the experience!

salfordblues said:
city51 said:
salfordblues said:
What?

As far as I'm aware if you buy tickets through club you need the corresponding qualifying supporters numbers

You are not very aware then because this is whats going on FACT

That's certainly changed since I was a kid. If I didn't have the points then I couldn't get a ticket.

I know they were doing something similar to this for the Wembley games but didn't think it was for aways too.

Yeah i know a couple of lads who have done this, told them i disagree with it but the club have let them do it so cant blame them for trying

M24-CRC said:
I know you said you wouldn't but please post a reply to confirm or deny the above (or any other supporters branch member who knows how the system works can respond).
I will reply one more time (at length), even though I said I wouldn't reply again, but its my last reply on the matter. The reason I said that was because I'm sick of responding to these threads each time we sell out an occasional away game at high points, and somebody feels hard done by because they didn't get one, (it is still the occasional one too, despite our very increased popularity) YET there are plenty of games that still go to open sale, or even don't sell out, and we never have this discussion then. I suspect because some of those complaining loudest don't want to go to the less popular ones, and if they did they might actually have enough points.

I know how our branch works, and I explained all I need to above, nothing underhand goes on in our branch to my knowledge, I know f**k all how other branches do it, nor do I care to be honest, its their business. But, and for the record, for the Sunderland game for instance, we as a branch aren't ordering any tickets, some are going, 3 I think, but it was decided there weren't enough wanting to go, so we didn't want to go through the ballache (and it is sometimes), of ordering them via the SC, having them sent out to the secretary/ticket organiser, and he then having to send them on to the members who wanted to go, at a difficult time of year for post (we don't all live in the same postcode area), and over christmas, for various reasons, some won't do all the home games.

Personally however, a mate (not a branch member) wants to go to Sunderland, but he may not have enough points to get one, so he asked me to get him one if I wasn't going (I'm not as I have to work). I used the same option for Villareal away, as I knew a mate who wasn't going who is near the top of the loyalty point totals at City, but can't do away games in europe because he doesn't have enough holiday for that, and all the other midweek games, and I doubted my points would get me one, so I used his, to his benefit loyalty point wise not mine, this goes on ALL the time, as everyone in this thread knows all to well, and some have admitted.

The bottom line is that for WBA away on boxing day, its simply down to popularity, not the SC, but so many refuse to accept that, and point the finger at the easiest target, without knowing, or even listening to the facts, hence why I'm not getting involved in these debates again.

Gingers Dad said:
Stretford Born Blue said:
Bollox, knew I should have got it this morning, will have to go to a soddin family Christmas get together now....!!!!!!
Going to this and can't wait, only do a few aways a year but I had enough points. Apologies to fans that go to more aways and couldn't get a ticket but I did go to QPR, which wasn't a sellout, and had to buy 2 sets of tickets because I lost the first lot. So after paying an extra £160 for that one I feel I've earned a good Boxing Day out
Why buy a 2nd set tell the club you lost them and they'd do you duplicates to be collected at qpr

Corky said:
Tonster said:
It really should be no suprise this has sold out quickly. We only got 2600 tickets as oppose the normal 3000 we get at most away grounds and it's on Boxing Day reasonably close by (traditionally one of the best attended days in the whole season).
But more than that people with higher points are going to even more games now due to success. But even saying that most seasoncard holders regardless of points could still have got tickets for most of the away games this season with the exception of Liverpool, Utd and now West Brom. It's only going to get more difficult though the more successful we become.......
Funnily enough people now fancy West Brom away on Boxing Day much more than when we had almost certain defeat to look forward to a few years ago.

We sold out there no problem 12 years ago on boxing day, and won. That day we took the whole stand as WBA were upset as they sold Kevin Kilbane.

It was worse than this for aways in 98/99 too.

Very good point that. 4,500 that day I think. We did take some very good followings everywhere that season or certainly to the ones not too far away: 6000 Barnsley, 4000ish Huddersfield, 5000 Sheff Utd, 4500 WBA, around 5000 Tranmere, 6500 Forest, 4500ish Port Vale etc.

Been a member of a big supporters club for quite a few years now but if you request tickets through them for away trips they don't necessarily use your ticket number to get the ticket. Therefore you don't get the loyalty points. Not good. Somebody else must cream them off.

middletonblue said:
Its sold out because everyone who as over 7000 pts is buying one nowadays to get the 40 pts and then knocking them out in the tickets section on here..The same old bluemoon members always seem to have one spare...You know who you are...

So if someone got you a ticket using there card it would not be a problem?

I'm sure it's just city doing very well, everyone wants to go, boxing day is a biggy and I think would sell out regardless of who we played.
The travesty is that again we are away on a day when the club can make a few quid on a holiday period, new year too. Bent as fuck.

de niro said:
I'm sure it's just city doing very well, everyone wants to go, boxing day is a biggy and I think would sell out regardless of who we played.
The travesty is that again we are away on a day when the club can make a few quid on a holiday period, new year too. Bent as fuck.
Fixture scheduling this season in particular has been a joke. Away after every champs league game, playing 2 games within 48 hours of each other twice, away on every bank holiday. The Liverpool game has been moved from a bank holiday to effectively being a normal midweek game on a work night. There is probably more shit scheduling we haven't noticed yet. No way is all this a coincidence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.