West Brom sold out

Lay off the club you ungrateful cunts ...............

You win stupid post of the year .

salfordblues said:
city51 said:
It does not help either when they let an adult buy one for there kid even though they dont have enough points taken up a seat for another adult who would of had enough points

-- Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:26 pm --

city51 said:
It does not help either when they let an adult buy one for there kid even though they dont have enough points taken up a seat for another adult who would of had enough points

There will be a few kids there just wait and see

What?

As far as I'm aware if you buy tickets through club you need the corresponding qualifying supporters numbers

You are not very aware then because this is whats going on FACT

Stretford Born Blue said:
Bollox, knew I should have got it this morning, will have to go to a soddin family Christmas get together now....!!!!!!
Going to this and can't wait, only do a few aways a year but I had enough points. Apologies to fans that go to more aways and couldn't get a ticket but I did go to QPR, which wasn't a sellout, and had to buy 2 sets of tickets because I lost the first lot. So after paying an extra £160 for that one I feel I've earned a good Boxing Day out

Gingers Dad said:
Bollox, knew I should have got it this morning, will have to go to a soddin family Christmas get together now....!!!!!!
Going to this and can't wait, only do a few aways a year but I had enough points. Apologies to fans that go to more aways and couldn't get a ticket but I did go to QPR, which wasn't a sellout, and had to buy 2 sets of tickets because I lost the first lot. So after paying an extra £160 for that one I feel I've earned a good Boxing Day out
Bloddy hell mate I bet you are glad you made it to QPR and wasn't one of those that got stuck because of no trains into Euston.

city51 said:
salfordblues said:
city51 said:

-- Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:26 pm --

There will be a few kids there just wait and see

What?

As far as I'm aware if you buy tickets through club you need the corresponding qualifying supporters numbers

You are not very aware then because this is whats going on FACT

That's certainly changed since I was a kid. If I didn't have the points then I couldn't get a ticket.

I know they were doing something similar to this for the Wembley games but didn't think it was for aways too.

robsta said:
Gingers Dad said:
Bloddy hell mate I bet you are glad you made it to QPR and wasn't one of those that got stuck because of no trains into Euston.
Our train stopped at Nuneaton had to get a train to Leicester then to St Pancras. Only got there 10 mins after kick off. no tickets but thought fuck it we're here now and bought 4 more. Couldn't really afford it.

M24-CRC said:
the reason you dont want to post again in this thread is because you know what CHT has said is true.
What CHT is saying/meant is that if there are 10 members of a branch that have the required points and the branch applies for and receives the 10 tickets (or less as in your case) then that is fine, as long as the points go against those 10 members (or less) and they then are not allowed to purchase another ticket separate. i.e their card is marked on citys computer system as being used/ticket bought.
However, the consensus amongst fans is that the supporters club branch, once tickets ordered/received, are providing supporter numbers of fans without the required points leaving the 10 (or less) other fans with the points able to purchase tickets themselves.
i.e. supporters who are members of branches who wouldn't have been able to purchase a ticket end up getting one, leaving non supporter branch fans with more points disappointed.

Another point, when you apply for tickets, how do you know how many of your members will have the required amount of points? Do the club say what they think it is going to sell out at or do they say what the minimum points total is. For example, for the West Brom game, did the club say to you that for the number of tickets you apply for you must have members with a minimum of 6500 points??

I know you said you wouldn't but please post a reply to confirm or deny the above (or any other supporters branch member who knows how the system works can respond).

I'll explain how the system works in my branch.

The club give us a deadline to have requests in. We ask all our members who wants to go to submit a request to the branch shortly before the club's deadline . (For WBA I think we had 30 applications). We put in a request for the tickets to the club with names, OSC membership numbers, and MCFC supporter numbers.

Most games we get what we ask for and every one of those people on the list get their points added to their cards.

For the high demand games we get told we have a reduced allocation. For West Brom we were told we can only have 8 tickets. It's irrelevant how many people on our list had over 6000 points. Remember this is all decided before the tickets have even gone on public sale so the required points level is not known.

We then have a short space of time to resubmit a list of the 8 members who will get the tickets. Each one of those 8 people get the loyalty points on their own card. No-one in our branch misses out on points because we used someone else's card. Within our branch this is decided by our own system of branch loyalty points which is very transparent and doesn't require membership of an 'inner circle', but does require you to support the branch by travelling with us to games, attending meetings and helping out at charity functions.

How the OSC decide how many each branch get is a mystery to me but I think it's mainly based on how many tickets your branch requests for the lower demand games.

Regular Joe said:
M24-CRC said:
the reason you dont want to post again in this thread is because you know what CHT has said is true.
What CHT is saying/meant is that if there are 10 members of a branch that have the required points and the branch applies for and receives the 10 tickets (or less as in your case) then that is fine, as long as the points go against those 10 members (or less) and they then are not allowed to purchase another ticket separate. i.e their card is marked on citys computer system as being used/ticket bought.
However, the consensus amongst fans is that the supporters club branch, once tickets ordered/received, are providing supporter numbers of fans without the required points leaving the 10 (or less) other fans with the points able to purchase tickets themselves.
i.e. supporters who are members of branches who wouldn't have been able to purchase a ticket end up getting one, leaving non supporter branch fans with more points disappointed.

Another point, when you apply for tickets, how do you know how many of your members will have the required amount of points? Do the club say what they think it is going to sell out at or do they say what the minimum points total is. For example, for the West Brom game, did the club say to you that for the number of tickets you apply for you must have members with a minimum of 6500 points??

I know you said you wouldn't but please post a reply to confirm or deny the above (or any other supporters branch member who knows how the system works can respond).

I'll explain how the system works in my branch.

The club give us a deadline to have requests in. We ask all our members who wants to go to submit a request to the branch shortly before the club's deadline . (For WBA I think we had 30 applications). We put in a request for the tickets to the club with names, OSC membership numbers, and MCFC supporter numbers.

Most games we get what we ask for and every one of those people on the list get their points added to their cards.

For the high demand games we get told we have a reduced allocation. For West Brom we were told we can only have 8 tickets. It's irrelevant how many people on our list had over 6000 points. Remember this is all decided before the tickets have even gone on public sale so the required points level is not known.

We then have a short space of time to resubmit a list of the 8 members who will get the tickets. Each one of those 8 people get the loyalty points on their own card. No-one in our branch misses out on points because we used someone else's card. Within our branch this is decided by our own system of branch loyalty points which is very transparent and doesn't require membership of an 'inner circle', but does require you to support the branch by travelling with us to games, attending meetings and helping out at charity functions.

How the OSC decide how many each branch get is a mystery to me but I think it's mainly based on how many tickets your branch requests for the lower demand games.
So eight people with below 6000 points could get the tickets and be credited with the points whilst there is still time for those with higher points to get their tickets through the ticket office
Essentially eight SC members have got tickets that nonSC members can't get because they have gone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.