West Brom v City Official match thread| Wed 22nd Sept| 20:00

im of the opinion that a football club should pick the strongest team available for any match regardless of the competition. after all isnt that what footballs all about,winning matches? maybe we should change our name to man city we only want to win selected matches football club.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
moonbeams said:
Get a grip!

Oh, sorry! Here's me thinking that Mancini was an utter dick for putting out a team of kids and reserves and crashing out of a competition we had a chance of winning for the first time in decades - when all along he did nothing wrong!

Thanks for putting me right.

Knob.

Where's your repremand for mudslinging shady?

Oh thats right you agree with him so it is none existant.

You remind me of some of the refs we have you are so one sided.

Todays selection leads me to believe that the only things we will be concentrating on are Europa League and Top four. I can see a similar team being selected for the FA cup as well

hilts said:
anyone who thinks this competition is not worth fighting for is stupid, if we get beat by chelsea on sat does that mean we cant qualify for champs league? no
if we dont beat juve does that mean we cant progress in the europa? no

you dont get a second chance in a knock out comp.

is the europa a much better trophy to win than the carling? fulham and rangers have got to finals recently, hardly prestige teams

how many games doest it take to win the europa compared with the carling cup

anyone who thinks coming fourth in your domestic league is better than winning a cup at wembley is a pillock

Hilts - go to ze cooler for being sensible! Spot on mate, rather get to the final of the CC than the semi of the Europa or FA, and we beat Chelsea in the league twice last year and where did that get us?

All that can be said after that embarassment is..............if I wake up in the morning and hear on Talk Sport that Mancini has been sacked I will take full advantage of my morning wood..................

I'd prefer to still be in this competition but ill judge Mancini at the end of the season and with the exception of this cup were doing ok.
I'm sure if we didn't have so many injuries he would have played a stronger team.

SWP's back said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Oh, sorry! Here's me thinking that Mancini was an utter dick for putting out a team of kids and reserves and crashing out of a competition we had a chance of winning for the first time in decades - when all along he did nothing wrong!

Thanks for putting me right.

Knob.

Where's your repremand for mudslinging shady?

Oh thats right you agree with him so it is none existant.

You remind me of some of the refs we have you are so one sided.

oh dear...sorry if i'm not sat here glued to this post.....is that ok with you

and for the record, everyone should stop the childish mudslinging.....it's disrespectful to all city fans on here....we all have an investment in this club, mentally and physically, no matter if big or small.

K.Reeves right foot said:
allan harper said:
yeap if we dont agree with you were all part time joe's. honestly.

Its not a question of simply disagreeing - it's the unbelievably arrogant counter arguments you spew to back up your argument....that's what pisses most of us off.......your belief we are now such a massive club that we can ignore a competiotion we havent won since '76 because we have MORE IMPORTANT business........sheer arrogance which i really find distasteful..........
your talking garbage. I`ve never ever met an arrogant city fan, i beleive they`re a figmant of the medias imagination but well done for giving our enemies more ammunition.

K.Reeves right foot said:
allan harper said:
yeap if we dont agree with you were all part time joe's. honestly.

Its not a question of simply disagreeing - it's the unbelievably arrogant counter arguments you spew to back up your argument....that's what pisses most of us off.......your belief we are now such a massive club that we can ignore a competiotion we havent won since '76 because we have MORE IMPORTANT business........sheer arrogance which i really find distasteful..........

But we do have more important business, much more important.

Never mind what we think (not that it's unimportant), ask the Sheikh whether we have more important business than the carling cup...I suspect we know what the answer would be.

Qualifying for the champions league is absolutely imperative this season, doing something in the league cup just isn't.

You might see that as arrogant but it is fact. Sure, we haven't won it since '76, do you think that even enters into the thinking of the people at the top of the club? No, and nor should it - they are trying to turn us into a European superpower, which means (in declining order of importance) (1) Premier League (2) Europa (3) FA Cup (4) League Cup. With (1) being far, far more important than any of the others.

The goals of the club and its management are to compete in the champions league and at the top of the premier league. The rest is just trimmings - that's fact, even if you don't like it. Arrogance doesn't really come into it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.