West Brom v City Official match thread| Wed 22nd Sept| 20:00

Balti said:
Four competitions including umpteen games in the Europa with a squad ravaged by injury. Can't be done.

'C' team loses away at a Premier League side. Not entirely happy but understand the thinking on team selection and we move on to more important games where the big guns will be brought to bear.

Feel sorry for those that went though.

This makes sense,i'm gutted we have missed the chance of arguably the easiest competition to win,however,priorities lie elsewhere apparently and,unfortunately,through various factors,and without weakening our championship ambitions,we havn't the depth of strength/quality to field a better team than we did tonight.

allan harper said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
No you won't mate, any true City fan agrees with you - just the new found arrogant "we can buy anyone when we are in the Champions league" Fans will disagree with you......
Us true fans, that feel SHIT right now, doeas mancini feel like this? Does he fuck. Tonight was inexcusable on every level......and just adds more fuel to the argument that we do not have the right manager in charge of the best group of players in our history.

yeap if we dont agree with you were all part time joe's. honestly.

Its not a question of simply disagreeing - it's the unbelievably arrogant counter arguments you spew to back up your argument....that's what pisses most of us off.......your belief we are now such a massive club that we can ignore a competiotion we havent won since '76 because we have MORE IMPORTANT business........sheer arrogance which i really find distasteful..........

Marvin said:
Disappointing, but pretty much expected that.

What's with the comments about City having to beat Chelsea? Why not Chelsea having to beat City. they did the same thing tonight. Our squad was weaker, because we have a lot more players out injured and they are Champions and have been building for a lot longer than we have

Apart from this season, Wenger does this every season

Do you really think that City could put resources into the league Cup with a 2 legged semi at the same time as trying to get 4th, and compete in the Europa League

Very disappointed whenever City lose. But some of you are clueless, and others are clearly rags

agreed (if thats ok shady) ;)

citykev28 said:
i've backed macini all the way but surely he knows the situation with us and cups.
actually, we know he does after promising to take the stretford end banner down last season. i'm aware we've got chelsea and juventus coming up but at least 1 experienced defender would have helped. utterly fucked off.

I think the defense suffered in particular tonight because of our growing bunch of injuries.

Still, I'm not making excuses for our loss, but we didn't have a full squad to choose from, and we have quite a few matches coming up in quick succession. This is perhaps why our selection looked a little thin on the ground.

5 games to win the CC. If we were worried about cup competitions getting in the way of our season, then we should have put the ladies team out against Timisoara. Who gives a damn about the CC? Frankly, who gives a damn aabout thhe Europa league? And it's a lot more games.

anyone who thinks this competition is not worth fighting for is stupid, if we get beat by chelsea on sat does that mean we cant qualify for champs league? no
if we dont beat juve does that mean we cant progress in the europa? no

you dont get a second chance in a knock out comp.

is the europa a much better trophy to win than the carling? fulham and rangers have got to finals recently, hardly prestige teams

how many games doest it take to win the europa compared with the carling cup

anyone who thinks coming fourth in your domestic league is better than winning a cup at wembley is a pillock

Gutted once again. If we had gone through tonight. We would have a very good chance of winning this trophy. Chelsea, Spurs, Everton and maybe Liverpool all eliminated.

You cant play a back 4 that inexperienced against Premier League opposition. It was asking for trouble and as a Baggies forward you would have been rubbing your hands facing that 4. A couple of old heads at the back is a must to give assurance to the young lads. By all means play the young lads further forward whre they can express themselves and get away with making mistakes unlike at the back.

rushts said:
Braggster said:
Wow, overreaction central on here. I'm never happy to lose, but wow.

So our third choice reserve side lost in the CC. Big deal.

It would have been a crazy decision to put more than one first choice defender in our team tonight given that we are down to our last four first teamers, more or less.

Yeah it would have been crazy to be professional and take this seriously,lets field the second or third string and act like the big boys eh, if you are not fucking livid with that performance then you're not the blue you think you are.
Ah that old classic 'you're not a proper fan'. Usually means any semblance of proper reasoning has left the building.

Yeah, I'd like to win the carling cup but - it may have escaped your attention - we are trying to be big boys, so of course we have to act like them.

I'm certainly not going to get 'livid', as you put it, about the performance of a third string side that has never played together before, chosen to protect our key players ahead of key games in the midst of an injury crisis that has decimated our defence and strikers.

Playground.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.