West Brom v City Official match thread| Wed 22nd Sept| 20:00

SWP's back said:
shadygiz said:
ohh do stop being so condescending mate.....just because i'm a mod it doesn't stop me having an opinion, and god forbib it differs to yours....but you don't see me calling you a knob....decorum

Oh sod off sob story. When was I condescending? When did I call you a knob?

I didn't but I think you need to look at the bigger picture. Chelsea forum won't be as ridiculous as ours tonight as they have found perspective in the last decade. Maybe we will, maybe we won't.

ps - still love you for your match streams even if I think you may be acting like a bird pre-rag week. :)

Perhaps because they've, you know, actually WON something in recent memory. Three Premier League titles as well as a few FA Cup wins will allow you to not care about the Carling Cup, no trophy since 1976 means we've every right to expect City to take the Carling Cup with some seriousness.

shadygiz said:
SWP's back said:
edited for accuracy

stop the childish mud slinging mate

Now I know you have myopic view of me tonight but I think calling my teams manager a "wanker" to be worse than calling a fellow poster for acting like one.

Mate.

FantasyIreland said:
Balti said:
Four competitions including umpteen games in the Europa with a squad ravaged by injury. Can't be done.

'C' team loses away at a Premier League side. Not entirely happy but understand the thinking on team selection and we move on to more important games where the big guns will be brought to bear.

Feel sorry for those that went though.

This makes sense,i'm gutted we have missed the chance of arguably the easiest competition to win,however,priorities lie elsewhere apparently and,unfortunately,through various factors,and without weakening our championship ambitions,we havn't the depth of strength/quality to field a better team than we did tonight.
REALLY? it's the EASIEST? its no easier than the FA cup. Our Championship ambitions? Oh yes, we will win the league I forgot........and our depth of squad is better than most........the money we spent, the ammount of top quality players we have, there is no justification to field a team to lose. THAT can NEVER be justified by any manager at any club.

ANY1aBLUE said:
cityboy1 said:
why mancini why ?

WHEN will you lot wake up and smell the f'ing coffee????!!!!! All I keep hearing is how well Mancini did in Serie A - well so f'ing what? And how disloyal it is to criticize him.
I am absolutely livid about the side he's picked to play WBA. This was a great chance to actually win a trophy. If he doesn't now win the FA cup AND get 4th he will definitely be gone, and that aint gonna happen, SO BYE BYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE MANCINI.
He lost the dressing room last year, brought in his own players and is still falling out with them, selects frankly weird formations and team selections, plays boring negative football AND has David limp wristed Platt as a right hand man - AND RATES SODDING JO!!!!!!!! says it all. Utter disaster. We'll all be here debating the same shite next Season as the merry-go-round continues.
Hopeless.
I agree with most of what you have said.lineup was a disgrace.his formations and tactics are beyond me,he really needs to understand playing Italian style football will never work in the premier league.we should have been going out to win this cup.
I wouldn't be one bit sorry to see Mancini go.

BlueMo' said:
Obviously Mancini wanted out of this competition from the off.
He didn't want the distraction.
No other explanation.
I'm not too happy tonight but what do i matter?

orrrrrrrrrrr

remember in one of his intervies when he sed that in italy you only put your proper team on when your in the semis

thats wat he did

dazz46 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
WHEN will you lot wake up and smell the f'ing coffee????!!!!! All I keep hearing is how well Mancini did in Serie A - well so f'ing what? And how disloyal it is to criticize him.
I am absolutely livid about the side he's picked to play WBA. This was a great chance to actually win a trophy. If he doesn't now win the FA cup AND get 4th he will definitely be gone, and that aint gonna happen, SO BYE BYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE MANCINI.
He lost the dressing room last year, brought in his own players and is still falling out with them, selects frankly weird formations and team selections, plays boring negative football AND has David limp wristed Platt as a right hand man - AND RATES SODDING JO!!!!!!!! says it all. Utter disaster. We'll all be here debating the same shite next Season as the merry-go-round continues.
Hopeless.
I agree with most of what you have said.lineup was a disgrace.his formations and tactics are beyond me,he really needs to understand playing Italian style football will never work in the premier league.we should have been going out to win this cup.
I wouldn't be one bit sorry to see Mancini go.

Most OTT post of the year award?

gmtx said:
Right ffs, could some people on here get a sense of perspective? The 'gutted', 'pissed off', and 'Mancini is wank' comments are completely OTT. If you're really saying that you would rather this tournament be a priority over the league then either you're an idiot or too preoccupied with that banner at the swamp. The fact is, a trophy like the League Cup or the FA will be alright in the short-term, but worth nothing after that (as Pompey FA Cup win in 08 showed). But if we qualify for the Champs league, that is a long term thing, and we will be building for the future and moving into the upper echelons of european football.

In fact, in a way I'm glad we've got knocked out now before we'd sunk masses of resources into this trophy only to get knocked out in the semis or final, at the expense of our league/europa form.
And people on here have the cheek to call me arrogant when I'd be happy with no trophies and a Champs league place, whereas they demand both. Unreal.

This is true. Most of the top teams try to scrape thru this competition and maybe take it seriously when the final is in sight. We didn't succeed but we can now concentrate on the two main objectives. Winning the Europa and qualifying for next season's champions league.

Lol. Did you just see our 'defending' for their goals on SSN? Can't believe he picked that back 4.

wow people need to chill out... and lets face it, could be worse, we could support everton.
We were never going to win every competion we were in so not arsed that we're out of one. Still got europa league, Fa cup and 4th in the league to go for, some people are acting like its the end of the season.
In one respect being knocked out is as good thing as progessing to later stages in each competion is going to stretch the squad and would likely hamper any chance of winning a cup with such a congested fixture list.
Mancinis team selection to me said it all, this competion is not a priority in fact it was bottom of the pile, field a massively weakened team that could get possibly get a result, but would not be the end of the world if we didnt.
Come saturday the team will bare virtually no resemblance to tonights and in my opinion could well pick up a result against chelsea, we did with a weaker team last year so why not again?

SWP's back said:
shadygiz said:
its called opinions matey....you should try accepting others rather than berating or attempting to belittle things.

your post would have been decent had you not set out to be bombastic

Lol - knowing bluemoon as well as you do - I am shocked you think my post bombastic.

And it was only MY opinion ofcourse. I accept other people have different ones but I can still disagree. I would rather belittle posters than my club/manager if I see fit.

and then again the fact i've been a city fan for well over 35yrs and yet you still found the disrespectful need to label me a clueless knob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.