West Brom v City Official match thread| Wed 22nd Sept| 20:00

Just to fan the flames a little more (cos it needs it).

If the League Cup is a tin pot trophy that doesnt count, does that mean we havent actually won anything for 41 years ?

(Disclaimer: Just because Im stirring does not mean that the above views represent my own. Im just looking to manipulate for my own entertainment)

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
moonbeams said:
Get a grip!

Oh, sorry! Here's me thinking that Mancini was an utter dick for putting out a team of kids and reserves and crashing out of a competition we had a chance of winning for the first time in decades - when all along he did nothing wrong!

Thanks for putting me right.

Knob.

So, I'll ignore the 'knob' remark just because I don't agree with you and try and debate on an adult level!

Given the choice and taking into consideration any future signings we may make, who would you have played tonight? Not forgetting that we are playing Chelsea on Saturday?

Yes, we could possibly have won the CC, and that would be great to say "Yay, we've actually won some silverware" Isn't Roberto great?? Or, would you prefer to say a couple of years down the line "Mancini has guided us to the CL, attracted the the creme de la creme to City and we're in the FA Cup final to boot"

I would really like one of these in this century.....its a cup....wembley.....day out.....beer......no matter how you dress it up any real CITY fans will be gutted tonight! (cannot believe people happy we are out....strange?)

29w00ua.jpg

Braggster said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
Its not a question of simply disagreeing - it's the unbelievably arrogant counter arguments you spew to back up your argument....that's what pisses most of us off.......your belief we are now such a massive club that we can ignore a competiotion we havent won since '76 because we have MORE IMPORTANT business........sheer arrogance which i really find distasteful..........

But we do have more important business, much more important.

Never mind what we think (not that it's unimportant), ask the Sheikh whether we have more important business than the carling cup...I suspect we know what the answer would be.

Qualifying for the champions league is absolutely imperative this season, doing something in the league cup just isn't.

You might see that as arrogant but it is fact. Sure, we haven't won it since '76, do you think that even enters into the thinking of the people at the top of the club? No, and nor should it - they are trying to turn us into a European superpower, which means (in declining order of importance) (1) Premier League (2) Europa (3) FA Cup (4) League Cup. With (1) being far, far more important than any of the others.

The goals of the club and its management are to compete in the champions league and at the top of the premier league. The rest is just trimmings - that's fact, even if you don't like it. Arrogance doesn't really come into it.
Braggster you show a lack of fundamental understanding of football. OF COURSE if football was so simple that you could cherry pick which trophies you won your argument would stand up.....but in reality you can't do that.......there is no guarantee we will win the league or Champions League [or even quakify for it] in the next 20-30 years....we all hope we do....so until then we win other trophies....we build a trophy winning mentality.......a winning games mentality.....its what the scum did 20 years ago and what Chelsea did under the Special one.......are we different? We bypass the lesser tournaments and jsut win the best ones? in your dreams.........................

we are all gutted,cant wait for his post match interview which is very important as all things are important.
shite/shite/shite

i just hope he can get it right !!,i want to be alive to see a trophy the last one i saw was when i was 9 !!proudly wearing my city blue jumper my sadly passed away mum knitted.

And whats with the bloody utd second strip advert doing on Blue Moon

shadygiz said:
SWP's back said:
Where's your repremand for mudslinging shady?

Oh thats right you agree with him so it is none existant.

You remind me of some of the refs we have you are so one sided.

oh dear...sorry if i'm not sat here glued to this post.....is that ok with you

and for the record, everyone should stop the childish mudslinging.....it's disrespectful to all city fans on here....we all have an investment in this club, mentally and physically, no matter if big or small.

Fine with me though you manage to catch all of my "indiscretions".

We do have an investment in the club and like an argument with the bird, maybe some people should take 5 before berating the club/manager over a poor result in the least important competitioin.

We have a few injuries etc.......

seantheduck said:
I would really like one of these in this century.....its a cup....wembley.....day out.....beer......no matter how you dress it up any real CITY fans will be gutted tonight! (cannot believe people happy we are out....strange?)

29w00ua.jpg

I'm not happy about it, but if you look at the wider perspective, it's not really that important, and I'm not really that disappointed about it. If it had been this result at the weekend against Wigan, believe me I would be up in arms with the rest of you, but for reasons I've already outlined the LC is just not a priority.

gmtx said:
dazz46 said:
I agree with most of what you have said.lineup was a disgrace.his formations and tactics are beyond me,he really needs to understand playing Italian style football will never work in the premier league.we should have been going out to win this cup.
I wouldn't be one bit sorry to see Mancini go.

Most OTT post of the year award?

Well at least someone in a City shirt will win something this Season !!!!!!!! LOL

ANY1aBLUE said:
ManCityTom said:
Some of this is really amusing me. Out of touch with the fans doesnt care what the fans think. Grow up we have 4 fit defenders and play Chelsea and Juve next go and play your football manager where you dont need to rest players but this is the real life.

'THE REAL LIFE', pal, is that Mancini has just signed his own P45. We aren't good enough to beat Chelsea yet, and even if we did, it wouldn't alter the fact that we wont win the League this Season. We weren't good enough to beat Sunderland or Blackburn either. So, our only hopes were two domestic Cups and a Euro Cup - and 4th place. One of those, the easiest one, has gone. That would have saved his job and satisfied us fans (i've waited 34yrs!). I see United managed to score 5, and Arsenal 4 in tricky games - whereas we managed ONE F'ING SHOT IN 90 SODDING MINUTES! Its not as if that's unusual is it????? Its par for the course with Mancini teams. The sad thing is not many other folks here seem to see the fact that this guy doesn't know what he's doing, or do see it and are too scared to say it..............

-- Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:27 pm --

ManCityTom said:
Some of this is really amusing me. Out of touch with the fans doesnt care what the fans think. Grow up we have 4 fit defenders and play Chelsea and Juve next go and play your football manager where you dont need to rest players but this is the real life.

'THE REAL LIFE', pal, is that Mancini has just signed his own P45. We aren't good enough to beat Chelsea yet, and even if we did, it wouldn't alter the fact that we wont win the League this Season. We weren't good enough to beat Sunderland or Blackburn either. So, our only hopes were two domestic Cups and a Euro Cup - and 4th place. One of those, the easiest one, has gone. That would have saved his job and satisfied us fans (i've waited 34yrs!). I see United managed to score 5, and Arsenal 4 in tricky games - whereas we managed ONE F'ING SHOT IN 90 SODDING MINUTES! Its not as if that's unusual is it????? Its par for the course with Mancini teams. The sad thing is not many other folks here seem to see the fact that this guy doesn't know what he's doing, or do see it and are too scared to say it..............
ANY1aBLUE.....i'm with you and have been slated on here these weeks for my dissenting BUT constructive criticism of our Italian manager......

BlueMo' said:
SWP's back said:
Oh sod off sob story. When was I condescending? When did I call you a knob?

I didn't but I think you need to look at the bigger picture. Chelsea forum won't be as ridiculous as ours tonight as they have found perspective in the last decade. Maybe we will, maybe we won't.

ps - still love you for your match streams even if I think you may be acting like a bird pre-rag week. :)

To compare our situation with Chelseas is quite frankly ridiculous.

have you not heard fella, now we have money we are a big club, chelsea rags inter barcelona city, nowt to seperate us, they might have won many cups over the years but we have money

remember when everton finished fourth years back, the joy of it, scousers with tears in their eyes, something to tell their grandchildren when they grow up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.