West Brom Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheddar404 said:
Academica said:
mad zab said:
Negredo is perfectly capable of leading the line on his own, and we have plenty of other attacking players who can score.

Playing all your best players doesn't automatically mean you will win. Playing the best system for a particular game gives you the best chance of winning.

As I said I think we need to be more tactically aware away from home and using three midfielders will benefit us IMO

I would rest Aguero and play him against Southampton

Playing Milner away usually means a loss.

Playing away usually means a loss
not at west brom though, chin up!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Someone has mentioned in another thread but the way we've been playing counter attacking football at home isn't by fault but design, someone away is about to get a pasting, the way west brom set up at home could be the perfect fit, win that comfortably, which IMO we will, Southampton could be the defining moment when looking back in may......

2 wins and we'll be hard to stop from here on in, personally I always thought December would be when we push on!!!!

Was thinking this to myself after the last two games; it seems like we have been practing being the away team at home; might be purely coincedental but we having been getting it off to a tee.

Against Sunderland and Villa we had so much of the ball that playing counter attacking football wasn't really an option. I'd rather we just went at them from the start rather than playing the slow stuff.

The way we set up will be vital as much of Albion's play comes right down the middle. We need Yaya and Fern to be really tight to the back four and look to spread out wide when we win possession back. Patience will be the key on Wednesday for players and supporters alike. It might not be pretty to watch at times but we should ware them down. I'm looking for a nervy 0-1!!

i'm going 8-0

we haven't had an 8 yet this season , had 0-7 inclusive

This is the game where the likes of Dzeko, Richards and Milner all come in, the schedule for December is crazy and although they can all play each game, they won't play to their maximum potential. Keep them rotated, keep them fresh. Saw that Yesterday with Aguero, looked tired and not as sharp at times.

Not like we need wholesale changes away is it. Apart from with the mentality. I'd leave the team relatively unchanged, but I've a bug bear with Yaya at the moment. Really disappointing of late. I'd let Nasri have a go in the middle.

Corazondezaba said:
Not like we need wholesale changes away is it. Apart from with the mentality. I'd leave the team relatively unchanged, but I've a bug bear with Yaya at the moment. Really disappointing of late. I'd let Nasri have a go in the middle.

The trouble with Yaya is that he's basically an imposter.

When we signed him the expectation seemed to be that we were getting a dynamic box to box player. Not the most skillful, but very athletic and strong in defense. Those are the criteria by which many City fans seem to judge him. However we've ended up with the opposite. A very gifted player, an excellent passer with incredibly nimble feet. But not physically suited to playing at a continuous high tempo.

When most of my non City supporting mates talk about Yaya they never mention his work rate. They talk about a player who wins matches, changes the course of a game. I haven't spoken to them about him recently but if I did I'm sure they would mainly speak about his role in our second goal yesterday and the way he set up Aguero's second goal last week. And the free kicks etc, etc He's the City player that they would all want in their team.

We've just got the wrong player.

l

From now on in to the end of the season every game is a must win game, especially against those teams that are going to be challenging us for the title. However we have got to take each game as it comes. to start with MP has to play his strongest team against all comers, perhaps being a bit more defensive away from home, and trying to play a more counter attacking game away from the Etithad Stadium. We can't afford to drop to many points between now and the end of the season if we want to win the title come May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.