West Brom Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBooksbluearmy said:
From now on in to the end of the season every game is a must win game, especially against those teams that are going to be challenging us for the title. However we have got to take each game as it comes. to start with MP has to play his strongest team against all comers, perhaps being a bit more defensive away from home, and trying to play a more counter attacking game away from the Etithad Stadium. We can't afford to drop to many points between now and the end of the season if we want to win the title come May.

I've been saying pretty much the same since we lost at Cardiff. That said, our saving grace this season is that our opponents in the main have been pretty rank average at best. Arsenal being the exception of course, but we expect the wheels to fall off there at some point as usual. (If they don't - the wheels fall off, that is - we are fooked anyway.)

So whereas compared to the rags last season we would now be really up against it, compared to their dismal efforts this season, we are doing pretty well. I think they are -12 points on a like for like compared to last season right now.

You can normally not lose more than 4 or 5 games and win the league, but this year I reckon we still have room for a few more slip ups.

Every season every game is a must win game, it's a really daft way of putting things when you think about it

Like nearly every City fan I am nervous about this game, but I am hoping that the team is fired up for this, we all know they have the ability to win games like this

Everyone here seems to be sure set on Kompany starting, is this confirmed anywhere? training reports etc

Pellegrini will rotate 100% .

Pants, Richards, Demichelis, Kompany, Kolarov, Yaya, Rodwell, Nasri, Milner, Aguero, Negredo.

Play our best team. Cant afford to rotate, especially after how our "Squad" played against Sunderland and Plzen.

Pantilimon
Zaba
Demichelis
Kompany
Clichy
Nasri
Fernandinho
Yaya
Navas
Aguero
Negredo

1-2 City, tough game But I fancy us to have enough quality for us to win the game

Pellegrini has not said that Kompany will play at WBA as far as I know

After the Swansea game, <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mcfc.co.uk</a> quoted him saying

Tomorrow we’ll see if Vincent can play. He has trained normally the last couple of days, so maybe he can play on Wednesday

Not seen any reports on today's training session, and it wasn't mentioned on City Today

All we can say is that he is under consideration. I think it's likely he will start and that City have been targeting these two away games for some time as his comeback games, assuming that we would be strong enough and confident enough at home to win without him

---------------------Pants
-Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Clichy
------------Fernandinho-Yaya
-------------Milner--Nasri
-------------Negredo-Aguero

I'd bring Richards and Milner in for this game

Mulumbu misses this game for WBA as he has picked up 5 yellow cards

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Play our best team. Cant afford to rotate, especially after how our "Squad" played against Sunderland and Plzen.

Pantilimon
Zaba
Demichelis
Kompany
Clichy
Nasri
Fernandinho
Yaya
Navas
Aguero
Negredo

1-2 City, tough game But I fancy us to have enough quality for us to win the game
Even ignoring the Bayern game to come, Swans, WBA and Southampton = 3 games in 7 days

I thought Aguero was slightly under par against Swansea

Marvin said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:

Pantilimon
Zaba
Demichelis
Kompany
Clichy
Nasri
Fernandinho
Yaya
Navas
Aguero
Negredo

Even ignoring the Bayern game to come, Swans, WBA and Southampton = 3 games in 7 days

I thought Aguero was slightly under par against Swansea

I know its tough mate, but we need to win, I'd rather we played our best XI in the league and rested against Bayern, we are already through.

Chippy_boy said:
TBooksbluearmy said:
From now on in to the end of the season every game is a must win game, especially against those teams that are going to be challenging us for the title. However we have got to take each game as it comes. to start with MP has to play his strongest team against all comers, perhaps being a bit more defensive away from home, and trying to play a more counter attacking game away from the Etithad Stadium. We can't afford to drop to many points between now and the end of the season if we want to win the title come May.

I've been saying pretty much the same since we lost at Cardiff. That said, our saving grace this season is that our opponents in the main have been pretty rank average at best. Arsenal being the exception of course, but we expect the wheels to fall off there at some point as usual. (If they don't - the wheels fall off, that is - we are fooked anyway.)

So whereas compared to the rags last season we would now be really up against it, compared to their dismal efforts this season, we are doing pretty well. I think they are -12 points on a like for like compared to last season right now.

You can normally not lose more than 4 or 5 games and win the league, but this year I reckon we still have room for a few more slip ups.

The difference this year is we hardly draw

I think 80-83 will win the league this year, we at an estimate could lose 3/4 max more and still have a reserve, 26 wins and we'll get the title back IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.