West Brom Vs City Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it may be lucky that we're playing against such a defensively minded team and manager. Hopefully they'll sit back and try to defend against sterling and silva.

I hope nobody gives Pullis a video of that first half !

He won't need one. Teams worked out last season how to beat us and Pellegrini has failed to address the issue. Our decent end to the season glossed over the teams and Pellegrini's deficiencies. Spending upwards of £50M on Sterling and slapping in £71M bids for Pogba has done nothing to address the poor defending and the way our midfield fails to protect the defence.
Work hard, press hard and lob a few balls over the top and we fall apart.
Keeping Pellegrini for another year whilst we stand around with our knickers around our ankles waiting for Pep could prove to be a costly mistake. Especially when a managerial candidate of the calibre of Klopp is doing nothing but working on his suntan.

He won't need one. Teams worked out last season how to beat us and Pellegrini has failed to address the issue. Our decent end to the season glossed over the teams and Pellegrini's deficiencies. Spending upwards of £50M on Sterling and slapping in £71M bids for Pogba has done nothing to address the poor defending and the way our midfield fails to protect the defence.
Work hard, press hard and lob a few balls over the top and we fall apart.
I think its unfair to judge our midfield on a very disjointed pre-season, as its nowhere near what we'll expect to play week in week out, but with the season now upon us, it is a big worry that we have prepared so badly again.

I don't know who organises pre-season, but flying half way round the world in the shortest post/pre-season in decades is an issue that needs looking at. We knew we wouldn't have 4 of our key players until this week, and they've done no planning with the rest of the squad as a result. Vinny going out there for 4 days, only to come home, Roberts for 3 days, wasting 2 days training each way on travel, playing the mighty Vietnam, having that line up against a full strength Real Madrid, only having that midfield available today, it all needs an internal enquiry for me.

Whatever you think of the manager, he must be incredibly frustrated with how that has all panned out, and I doubt he's had much say in any of it.

Nasty Nick Cotton
Scooby Doo Ralph Wiggum Cain Dingle Nick Knowles
Spiderman Bethany Platt
The frog from the Vimto advert Tyler Durden Lily Savage
Michael Barrymore

Subs, Rolf Harris, The Go Compare man, Ross Barton, The bloke that drinks bin juice from the X-Factor, Dale Winton, Johnny Adair, Billy Sears

He's been ill with a virus and looked nowhere near match-ready today.
I still think and would prefer that he start.

Sergio will still more than likely be a sub and he didn't travel to Germany, Bony's inclusion in the team today would lead me to believe Pellegrini views him as being closer to starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.