West Brom Vs City Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its unfair to judge our midfield on a very disjointed pre-season, as its nowhere near what we'll expect to play week in week out, but with the season now upon us, it is a big worry that we have prepared so badly again.

I don't know who organises pre-season, but flying half way round the world in the shortest post/pre-season in decades is an issue that needs looking at. We knew we wouldn't have 4 of our key players until this week, and they've done no planning with the rest of the squad as a result. Vinny going out there for 4 days, only to come home, Roberts for 3 days, wasting 2 days training each way on travel, playing the mighty Vietnam, having that line up against a full strength Real Madrid, only having that midfield available today, it all needs an internal enquiry for me.

Whatever you think of the manager, he must be incredibly frustrated with how that has all panned out, and I doubt he's had much say in any of it.

I agree completely about our preparations, they've been shambolic and clearly commercially driven. My main worry now is that he will panic and bring in Kun, Demi and Zabba before they have had a proper rest. Zabba in particular needs a break. He looked tired last season and worryingly off the pace. If he doesn't get the rest he needs I can see another poor season from him.

-------------------- hart
sagna -- denayer -- mangala - kolarov
------- fernando ----- yaya
--- silva ------ nasri ------- sterling
------------- iheanacho

sub : caballero, kompany, navas, bony, rony, zuculini, 1 more

hope denayer & iheanacho will start for this game. bony is not fit, and we waste sterling ability to drift in from the flank if we play him striker. as for CB, denayer must start and pair him with kompany or mangala. hope our south american quartet will be fit for the 2nd game against Chelsea at home.

One thing Manuel doesn't do is panic, sometimes I wish he would :)

I doubt we'll see any of them next week, but I'm hoping they're all available for Chelsea 2 weeks from now.

I'd let Zabba have a bit longer tbh. I'd rather have him back to his best before he plays.

I agree completely about our preparations, they've been shambolic and clearly commercially driven. My main worry now is that he will panic and bring in Kun, Demi and Zabba before they have had a proper rest. Zabba in particular needs a break. He looked tired last season and worryingly off the pace. If he doesn't get the rest he needs I can see another poor season from him.
I'd be surprised if that happened, we were dreadful in the Community shield last year the week before the League opener and he didn't start Aguero, Zaba or Fernandinho in the opening PL match.

One thing Manuel doesn't do is panic, sometimes I wish he would :)

I doubt we'll see any of them next week, but I'm hoping they're all available for Chelsea 2 weeks from now.
I think they'll be involved in some way because we'll need to play them in the Chelsea game. Bony looks like he has missed a lot of pre-seas which of course he has. I am not sure he is ready for 90 mins based on what we saw today.

Kompany's form is by far the most concerning issue. I think he might go back to Demichelis and Mangala because they were playing together last season and doing well. They know each others game.

I'd let Zabba have a bit longer tbh. I'd rather have him back to his best before he plays.
Me too, and whilst I see Sagna is coping quite a bit of flak, I thought he was constantly covering Vinny, and 3 of the 4 goals came down the other side. I'm not a fan of Sagna, but he's not as bad as some make out. However that defence won't work against Chelsea (it might not against West Brom), so we need to sort something out very quickly.

HART - SAGNA , DENAYER , MANGALA , KOLAROV - NAVAS , FERNANDO , YAYA , SILVA - STERLING , IHEANACHO , ive watched every pre season , and going off form and fitness , this should be the starting line up. NASRI , EVANS , KOMPANY , MANGALA , CABALLERO , BONY , GARCIA on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.