West Brom Vs City Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the Argentinians maybe not being up to speed and given extra recovery time, but Willian played for Chelsea yesterday, why would fernandinho not be available for us next week? Maybe im missing something, was Willian away at the Copa America?

I understand the Argentinians maybe not being up to speed and given extra recovery time, but Willian played for Chelsea yesterday, why would fernandinho not be available for us next week? Maybe im missing something, was Willian away at the Copa America?

Only this

---------------------------------Hart-------------------------------
Sagna (fuck sake)--Kompany--Mangala---------Kolorov (fuck sake)
----------------Yaya (fuck sake)--Fernando (fuck sake)-----
Nasri/Navas (fuck sake/fuck sake)-----------------Sterling
--------------------------------------Silva-----------------------
---------------------------Iheanacho-----------------------------

I cannot believe we're going into another season with some of these players in the squad.

Yaya's 'fuck sake' is because he will be played defensively, when he should have as little defensive responsibility as possible. The rest of the 'fuck sake' brigade just shouldn't be at city (although, I do like Kolorov, I just think we need someone more athletic and defensively sound).

That right there, is a team that we could possibly end up playing Champions League matches with if we were to get a couple of injuries to Aguero/Dinho/Zab.

Fingers crossed we'll have De Bruyne in to step into the RAM role, and I'm really hoping at least 'Dinho or Delph will be fit.

Have to be for me:

Hart- No qualms about this.

Sagna- Slightly worrying but I feel he will be able to deal with Brunt.
Kompany- As much as people slate him I still believe firmly in Vinny's ability and he will turn it around. He needs protection from the midfield which at Stuttgart he did not have.
Mangala- Hoping he does not get pulled out of position and goes chasing the ball down like a puppy. Still think there is a good player in there.
Kolarov- My main worry. Hoping he plays like he did at spurs away last year, he was excellent that day.

Yaya- On his day the best CM in the prem.
Fernando- Think he will prove a few people wrong this year playing in a more defensive position similar to how De Jong used to.
Zuculini- In there to offer energy and a bit of grit. I believe these three would work well together in a 4-3-3 formation with Fernando anchoring the other two.

Silva- No brainer
Sterling- Again picks himself
Nacho- Looks sharper then Bony (who I am a big fan of) and has that pace and hunger.

Subs: Willy, Denayer, Nasri, Navas, Bony, Evans, Lopes

Against Stuttgart, it was Nasri who was pressing their center backs while Silva and Bony stood day dreaming. Sterling was tracking back but gave up quickly.
This Nasri hate bandwagon needs to stop.

I think it's a bit of wishful thinking to say that Nacho is ready for the PL. Fair enough give him a go by integrating him from time to time but there's no way he's better than even an unfit Bony.

I think it's a bit of wishful thinking to say that Nacho is ready for the PL. Fair enough give him a go by integrating him from time to time but there's no way he's better than even an unfit Bony.

He would probably score more goals than Bony, but I dont his general play is good enough yet. His decision making, when to keep it simple, when to go for glory isnt there yet. He would probably lose possession far too much.

Given that we have a few players out and the preparation hasnt been great, I think Pellegrini is entitled to go for a fairly conservative selection in terms of the players available to him. I dont see it as a game where we should take more selection risks than we already have to.

Don't know what you've been watching but to say that is just plain wrong. Bony's touch is very good.
He gave away easy balls due to bad touches against Stuttgart .It could be lack of his fitness but he got to hold the ball better then Dzeko .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.