West Brom Vs City Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In three meetings against Tony Pulis, Pellegrini's record is won 3, scored 6, conceded 0. Which isn't to say it'll be a walk in the park, especially with the players we're missing, but some people seem to be talking about Pulis like he's a sorcerer. He's a good manager whose teams are (usually, but not always) well organised. Nothing more.

Fair points that I certainly wont disagree with. The main point I was making was that we can't expect to score a hatful. My other point was that, as they've had plenty of time to focus on this game, they'll be well up for it physically, tactically and mentally, so it's not going to be easy. A win is a good result, by a couple of goals would be great.
Hopefully, with your help FPTS, I've explained myself better.

I'd take a 1-0 now. And it's not because I fear Pulis, it's because that's the likely result so why take the chance.

Fair points that I certainly wont disagree with. The main point I was making was that we can't expect to score a hatful. My other point was that, as they've had plenty of time to focus on this game, they'll be well up for it physically, tactically and mentally, so it's not going to be easy. A win is a good result, by a couple of goals would be great.
Hopefully, with your help FPTS, I've explained myself better.

I'd take a 1-0 now. And it's not because I fear Pulis, it's because that's the likely result so why take the chance.

I really just picked up on your post because it was the latest one with a broadly pro-Pulis slant, but I absolutely accept that a win of any sort would be a very pleasing result given the circumstances. I really don't think us to score a hatful either, although an early goal for us to draw them out about and you never know.

I really just picked up on your post because it was the latest one with a broadly pro-Pulis slant, but I absolutely accept that a win of any sort would be a very pleasing result given the circumstances. I really don't think us to score a hatful either, although an early goal for us to draw them out about and you never know.

In that case I'll put away the baseball bat and we can stay friends ;)

Another reason I'd take any old win is it just settles the new season nerves (mine, that is).

This will be the team in my opinion:

Hart

Sagna
Kompany
Mangala
Kolarov

Yaya
Fernando
Nasri

Sterling
Silva

Bony

Eliaquim Mangala has promised City will be a stronger defensive unit this season.
The France international accepts the Blues have not been at their best in one or two of the pre-season matches but believes it’s better to find any issues in friendlies rather than in Premier League games.

“I need to find my match sharpness which is normal for all of us at the stage of the season,” said Mangala.

“We are in the final week of our preparations and with a game coming up on Monday we know we need to work hard on the training pitch and get our tactics spot-on as well as every other aspect of our game.

“We want to start the season well and we know West Brom on the first day is not an easy place to go.

...Elia #20...

“For a club like Manchester City, it’s not good enough to end up empty-handed – we want to win the title and other trophies and go as far as we can in the Champions League and that’s the mentality we have at the Club.”

Mangala finished the final weeks of last season as part of a solid partnership alongside Martin Demichelis.

He is hoping to start this term in the same kind of form and he is determined, with a year of Premier League football under his belt, to show his best form and ensure he is a regular fixture in the first-team.

“I am focused on the season ahead and I want to play my part to the full,” he said. “I know I need to improve and show my best game every time I play and that’s what I intend to do.”

Mangala says the Blues can learn much from the defeats to Real Madrid and Stuttgart.

web-mangala-header-A78Q0685.ashx

City shipped a total of eight goals against the Spaniards and the Germans and while concerns have been aired about the defending in those games, Mangala says they do not portray a true picture of how the team will play this season.

“All the games we’ve played have value and re important because they are building up towards our opening games at West Brom,” said the 24-year-old.

“I think what happened against Madrid and Stuttgart rang one or two alarm bells and maybe showed we have to change something and be aware because we can’t play the way we did in those two games against West Brom or we’ll get punished.

“That’s why they were valuable games for us - but the fact is that it is better to find out in pre-season friendlies than in the Premier League because the results are not as important. It also gives us an idea of the areas we need to work on and improve.

“Everything is focused on our first game against West Brom and by Monday, we’ll be ready and focused.”

Mike Dean Reffing.

I wonder if he'll continue his inconsistent consistency into this season?

bit miffed that we are starting the season with some question marks over the fitness of some players (big players too), seems a little bit odd, but we have the quality to win this. I dont care how the early games are won, just get em won!

two banks of 4, Navas and Sterling wide, Fernando and Ya Ya in the middle, Silva at 10, Bony/Kelechi up top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.