West Brom vs Man City (pre match discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
stony said:
MCFC BOB said:
stony said:
You think the Premiership champions should settle for a draw at West Brom ? Jesus! I don't care how well they are playing, anything less than a win is poor.
We shouldn't settle for a draw anywhere.
I've said I would take a draw, not settle for one.

There's a difference. If we got a draw today I would take that as a decent result like I do when we draw at Stoke.

A draw at the Swamp or the Emirates is a decent result. A draw at West Brom would be very disappointing.
Don't underestimate them.

MCFC BOB said:
stony said:
MCFC BOB said:
I've said I would take a draw, not settle for one.

There's a difference. If we got a draw today I would take that as a decent result like I do when we draw at Stoke.

A draw at the Swamp or the Emirates is a decent result. A draw at West Brom would be very disappointing.

I'm not, it's you who's underestimating us.

I think we can win today, and probably should, but West Brom are riding high at the moment. They've already comfortably beaten Liverpool and Everton this season at the Hawthorns so they're no pushover. West Brom have only conceded seven goals this season while managing to keep some good clean sheets at home so a lack of Silva today could cost us dearly if we try and play the way we usually do away from home. Nasri's still not going to be fully fit for a couple of weeks (if he does play today) so we may need to match West Brom for work-rate today and take a slightly more direct approach - Milner and Sinclair on both wings, for example.

West Brom are a very good team and underestimating them could be dangerous - please remember Everton, Swansea and Sunderland away last season.

stony said:
MCFC BOB said:
stony said:

Last season the only place we took three points home from any team from 6th-14th was Norwich. We notoriously struggle to break teams down who are half decent and defend credibly on their own ground. The main reasons for that were a distinct lack of width+pace and poor finishing. We still lack width+pace and our finishing has been poor this season.

I actually fancy us to win at United Arsenal Spurs or Chelsea more than at any mid table team.

We should win this game. Not underestimating WBA but we are the champions after all

Predicted line up : Hart, Maicon , Kompany, Nastasic, Kolarov , Garcia, Barry , Yaya , Nasri , Sinclair , Tevez.

danburge82 said:
stony said:
MCFC BOB said:

Last season the only place we took three points home from any team from 6th-14th was Norwich. We notoriously struggle to break teams down who are half decent and defend credibly on their own ground. The main reasons for that were a distinct lack of width+pace and poor finishing. We still lack width+pace and our finishing has been poor this season.

I actually fancy us to win at United Arsenal Spurs or Chelsea more than at any mid table team.
This

itisrising said:
We should win this game. Not underestimating WBA but we are the champions after all

Predicted line up : Hart, Maicon , Kompany, Nastasic, Kolarov , Garcia, Barry , Yaya , Nasri , Sinclair , Tevez.
Got to be, has to be, Micah ahead of Maicon! And Lescott to accompany his partner (both play better as a pair than apart!).

didsburyblu said:
MCFC BOB said:
I think we're going to see a West Brom side with much more focus on defence today.

They're going to be a big threat with Lukaku up front. I would take a draw.

Whilst I accept its a tough game we need to get away from the mentality of 'i'd take a draw'. As much as I hate em United never go anywhere settling for a point before they start and we need to adopt the same approach if we are to reign supreme in the coming years.
Champions who wish to remain that way come May dont do so by conceeding 2 points prior to kick off.
You are talking to Bob, who is a pessimistic young chap to put it mildly.

danburge82 said:
itisrising said:

Got to be, has to be, Micah ahead of Maicon! And Lescott to accompany his partner (both play better as a pair than apart!).

I want Micah to play ahead of Maincon but I have a feeling that Mancini will play Maicon. Nastasic or Lescott was just a toss-up. Both are great so it could be either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.