West Ham 2016/17

Reports now suggesting that the police have been asking for a radio "Airwave" system to be installed at the ground for nearly 2 years now - Oct 2014. And until that happens, they will not have a presence in the ground. But it's the stadium owners who need to move fast, not West Ham, cos they are only the tenants. The club have to sort this out quickly, and the stewarding, segregation, family areas etc etc

It's ridiculous that it's got to this stage. The company who does the security for the stadium won't want to pay for it and it sounds like the dildo brothers are digging their feet in over it, the cheap cunts. The FA should withdraw the safety certificate and stop them playing there until it gets sorted.

The issues so far has been happening in games against Bournemouth and Watford. Can you the trouble when they play sides with pretty hostile away fans like spurs, chelsea, united etc

How the likes of Brady and Gold didn't organise something like a family section or a singing section is beyond me.

I hate the term but safe standing is desperately needed in the prem

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37348308

Senior officers have turned down a request from West Ham to police their stadium on matchdays - because the £700m ground does not have a "satisfactory" radio system.

The club requested a police presence in the ground after crowd trouble.

The Hammers only moved to the London Stadium at the start of the season.

"Until there is comprehensive radio coverage officers will not be routinely deployed within it," said the Metropolitan Police's Peter Terry.

Surely the PL should ban them from playing there until it's sorted?

If that's not a safety issue, what is?

Just read they carnt have police in the stadium as there is no radio coverage in the stadium a fact known since 2014.
How the hell has it got a safety certificate ?
What if one of those scaffolding stands collapses or something ?
Genuinely shocked you can stage a game with no police inside the stadium

How the fuck did someone think it a good idea to have Olympic Games events/ceremonies in a stadium where police radios don't work?

Airwave can install a communication system that works in minutes as they did when the Kings Cross disaster occurred or at 7/7. However I think that would be a temporary solution for any given situation rather than a permanent one that the ground requires.

It's ridiculous that it's got to this stage. The company who does the security for the stadium won't want to pay for it and it sounds like the dildo brothers are digging their feet in over it, the cheap cunts. The FA should withdraw the safety certificate and stop them playing there until it gets sorted.

LOL, just spat out my coffee!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.