West Ham (A) - EFL Cup R4 - Post-Match Thread

Still out on Ake me.
Should of scored, then gave stupid free kick away for grabbing a shirt of the slowest player on the pitch.
Maybe it's just how massive Dias is that I'm judging
He's not troubling our top 3 CB's that's for sure, but he looked better to me, calmer on the ball, maybe because he had Zinchenko outside him.

I don’t think I’ve ever been less arsed about getting knocked out of a domestic cup

impossible to carry on winning it year after year after year. Might just be a blessing in disguise

would much rather have gone out now to a good club like the Hammers (hope they win it now) than to vermin like the red scouse in a later round

Statistical proof we were absolutely awful in front of goal.
ac5c506cc6678b8692ecca3b22e1000f.jpg

Well if he did, fair fucks to him.

Klopp does it every season and he's picked up the champions league and the dipper's first ever premier league title.
I would say winning the CC 4 straight is enough evidence to support the fact that Pep is not one for throwing games away. It was a team well capable of winning tonight. Just didnt happen. Hey ho. No team can win the same trophy forever but we had a damn good go at it.

What about create some goal scoring chances? It was way too slow, wasn't until foden and jesus came on to up the tempo that we even started to get into potential scoring positions. Kdb threw a few trademark mini-strops which seemed to be indicating towards not having the movement infront of him he wanted. What chances did we create? The only chances we had were snap shots from outside or barely in the box and the odd bit of individual play
It may be me, but I seriously wonder why we don`t try and shoot on sight instead of trying to find a team-mate with too much tippy tappy ?.We did it on at least 6-7 occasions tonight.
Perhaps I`m being a little nit picky but we did exactly the same against Southampton.Yes I know mate, we `ve scored umpteen goals this season but at times we need to change our direction and just go for the wallop.

Right now there's a gulf in class between Bernardo, Rodri, Foden, Grealish and Jesus and those who replace them.

When all players who are currently in good form are available, we are probably better than last season. But some squad players are not on form and our level drops seriously when they play.

Shit happens, though. Bayern lost 5:0 with most of their stars today.

Ake was good, Palmer as well. Zinch was decent.

This season, we have to concentrate on the PL and the CL. 4 more league cup games might have been at the expense of good results in the PL.
Form will ebb and flow through the year and we’ve got a strong ish squad (CF excepted)

The Boys in Blue never gave in. They fought to the end. Thank you City. Thank you supporters. It wasn’t to be this year but never mind. It does mean less matches and a bit of a rest for our boys.
Come on City. Still the best team in the land in all the world. :-( :-)

It was my fault so I apologise. I fell asleep just before the end so didn’t sit on the stairs for the penalties. I’m really sorry. :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.