West Ham (A) - EFL Cup R4 - Post-Match Thread

It is what it is.
We've had a good run in the comp so can't complain, If anything the extra days rest in January and Feb might be the difference between winning or losing the CL as silly as that sounds.

Good luck to West Ham, they're pretty similar to us and had a great turn out tonight, plus it would be great to see Moyes win something while those cunts over the road are shitting the bed.

It may be me, but I seriously wonder why we don`t try and shoot on sight instead of trying to find a team-mate with too much tippy tappy ?.We did it on at least 6-7 occasions tonight.
Perhaps I`m being a little nit picky but we did exactly the same against Southampton.Yes I know mate, we `ve scored umpteen goals this season but at times we need to change our direction and just go for the wallop.
This always pisses me off, just fucking shoot, it seem like they've been told not to shoot but to pass

It may be me, but I seriously wonder why we don`t try and shoot on sight instead of trying to find a team-mate with too much tippy tappy ?.We did it on at least 6-7 occasions tonight.
Perhaps I`m being a little nit picky but we did exactly the same against Southampton.Yes I know mate, we `ve scored umpteen goals this season but at times we need to change our direction and just go for the wallop.
There's a connection with those on the pitch at the time imho.

I am not sure we were poor tonight, we had a number of chances and positions, but we could not score and that's it. This medium block is our bane and we've been struggling against it the whole season. I doubt a CF is a simple solution to that. This game tonight was very similar to the string of games this season (Spurs, PSG, Southampton, Leicester City, Chelsea, even Burnley). We had a similar problem last season with those 'binary' results and breaking ultra defensive formations and Pep and the players found a solution to the problem.
I am very surprised with Palmer and the quality of his game, he is progressing really fast and I can see him playing a part in any game in the league when picked.

I don't think we had many clear cut chances. Lots of half chances.

My gripe was that we didn't bring Foden on earlier.

No real criticism of the team selection tonight because if the fringe players are not going to play in a game like that…then when will they get a chance…..but my heart really does sink when I see Mahrez and Sterling starting together…..remember thinking the same before the Southampton match.
I wonder if Sterling wasn’t hooked tonight because of the publicity it would no doubt generate….which shouldn’t be a factor.

Realise that Cole is far from the finished article but would hope he would considered equally with Sterling and Mahrez when Pep decides to rotate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.