West Ham (A) - EFL Cup R4 - Post-Match Thread

Well said, if Ali had more game time certain fans might appreciate how good he is. True quality footballers appear as they are slow but are they fuck.
Good post.
Reminds me of another midweek League Cup match where City were knocked out
By spurs.at home.Berbatov playing for them up front,was absolutely outstanding .majestic..all instant ,sublime ball control ,no pace whatsoever,simply measured football.....I and any other fan in attendance that night could see the quality of the player.we could not get near him.he was Brilliant
Never seemed to sprint anywhere,he just controlled the ball,and ghosted into spaces,effortlessly...City played well that night I literally smelt Wembley ....a place I'd not been to before ..
But the languid,talented,laid back spurs centre forward had other ideas.
It's not all about pace...

Had to end sometime.
Their keeper was brilliant in the second half.
Too many of ours not on their game.
Gundogan,KDB,Mahrez and Raz.
Sorry but that's me with that ground.
Queued an hour in total to get in and get my match ticket printed.
Scanning done before you get near your turnstile.Madness.
Walk to and from the park to underground horrendous.
Then a view inside which is poor.

I am not sure we were poor tonight, we had a number of chances and positions, but we could not score and that's it. This medium block is our bane and we've been struggling against it the whole season. I doubt a CF is a simple solution to that. This game tonight was very similar to the string of games this season (Spurs, PSG, Southampton, Leicester City, Chelsea, even Burnley). We had a similar problem last season with those 'binary' results and breaking ultra defensive formations and Pep and the players found a solution to the problem.
I am very surprised with Palmer and the quality of his game, he is progressing really fast and I can see him playing a part in any game in the league when picked.
Those 6 games you've listed and with tonight making 7 games we've scored just 4 times and conceded 3 for a record of W3 D2 L2.

The problem is we are our own worst enemy. In total we have had 18 opta big chances and scored just 2 from big chances and 2 from non-big chances. That really is bad.

At the other end we've restricted opponents to just 4 big chances, all missed, with the 3 goals coming from non-big chances.

Let's hope it doesn't bite us in the arse again anytime soon....

Can have zero excuses there. Out with a whimper. Piss poor showing, no desire in that game at all. To throw away a 5 year reign like that is infuriating. Every single one of our forward players were total dogshit all night, kdb, gundogan, sterling mahrez and Palmer were all as bad as each other, casually jogging around waiting for somebody else to do something, never bothering to show for a forward pass and instead just looking to pick up the ball in the same areas as one another and have nothing infront of them each time they pick up the ball, it was easy for a second string west ham.

Its not the lack of a striker that's cost us because not once did we get the ball into a position where you could say a Kane or whoever scores there, its everybody on the pitch wanting to do the same thing coming towards the ball with no willingness to run off it

Don't know why anybody is focusing on the penalties, that's not knocked us out, it should never get to that stage. That's a lottery, it was in our hands to win it before it gets to that.

I'm not for one second having this bigger fish to fry and less games bollocks after the last 4 years of winning it. It's 4 more games for another trophy, 4 games that players who are complaining about not playing would get more game time had they not been shit tonight.
Sums it up, really.

I don't get why Pep didn't make changes earlier though? I think if Foden and Grealish come on with more than 10 minutes to play, we win that.. Weird to wait so long if you're going to bring them on at all.

Were gonna win the league,
were gonna win the league!
well don West ham , you shut us out and won the pens .fair play.

Years ago, I was living in London, and a game came up west ham v city.
I joined the fan club a week before the game, and managed to buy a ticket, in the west ham end.
The seat was in the main stand, very close to directors box.. at half time I got up for a drink and followed the fans up the steps. Anyway I ended up in the executive lounge, no shit! got a couple of free drinks best ever ! I think we won as well!
anyway I have a lot of good vibes for west ham, go Irons!

Sums it up, really.

I don't get why Pep didn't make changes earlier though? I think if Foden and Grealish come on with more than 10 minutes to play, we win that.. Weird to wait so long if you're going to bring them on at all.
I think peps subs were the correct subs tonight foden and jesus and the energy they bring was imperative. I said at halftime 15 minutes before the first chance otherwise were chasing it, we wasn't chasing it when the subs were eventually made but we didn't give them long enough to have a gradual impact on the game we put them on late enough where all we could ask for from them was to produce something from nothing, they had no time to feel their way in find where the space was and make things happen for the team. had foden and jesus come on 10 minutes sooner I think there's a significantly better chance we win that. however, ultimately the team he put out to start was spot on and should have got the job done on their own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.